Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    RC7 wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Naomie's interviews don't help much.

Let's just hope that they are there to actively help Bond and/or have good dialogue, NOT to take his place (at least not for almost the whole film).

Yeah, they’ll definitely be taking his place. I’m done with this! This is going to be awful!

I was being sarcastic.

Likewise.

1vpu6zr.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wanna know a NTTD spoiler that you’re not gonna like…..
    Neither Lynch or De Armas are traditional ‘Bond girls’. The only woman he has a romantic relationship is Swann.

Lynch will be Bond’s protégé – hence the reason why she will succeed her mentor and become 007 by the end. Much in the way that Rey became the ‘Last Jedi’.

Meanwhile, De Armas is either someone from Cuban Intelligence or Malek’s trapped lover that Bond will protect/set free. We are meant to feel sympathetic to her character – and not be waiting for the moment that Bond jumps into bed with her. Mainly because the latter will not occur.
    Definitely some interesting theories but I wouldn’t call them spoilers. It’s possible Lynch could be 007 from the start? And Ana de Armas’ character could be anyone? Plus we’re not sure who Craig will have romantic liaisons with. We still don’t know really anything about this film besides a few small details...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Wanna know a NTTD spoiler that you’re not gonna like…..
    Neither Lynch or De Armas are traditional ‘Bond girls’. The only woman he has a romantic relationship is Swann.

Lynch will be Bond’s protégé – hence the reason why she will succeed her mentor and become 007 by the end. Much in the way that Rey became the ‘Last Jedi’.

Meanwhile, De Armas is either someone from Cuban Intelligence or Malek’s trapped lover that Bond will protect/set free. We are meant to feel sympathetic to her character – and not be waiting for the moment that Bond jumps into bed with her. Mainly because the latter will not occur.
    Definitely some interesting theories but I wouldn’t call them spoilers. It’s possible Lynch could be 007 from the start? And Ana de Armas’ character could be anyone? Plus we’re not sure who Craig will have romantic liaisons with. We still don’t know really anything about this film besides a few small details...

This wild speculation is getting more annoying by the day.

@Pierce2Daniel We don't know anything about the plot, so why do you classify this as a spoiler?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I don't see them wrapping up the Craig era with Nomi being the new 007, but it's just a feeling driven by the notion that I'd hate this idea. Seems quite possible, on the other hand. Lots of franchise did it before, TDKR and TLJ come to mind, but Bond is different.
    matt_u wrote: »
    I don't see them wrapping up the Craig era with Nomi being the new 007, but it's just a feeling driven by the notion that I'd hate this idea. Seems quite possible, on the other hand. Lots of franchise did it before, TDKR and TLJ come to mind, but Bond is different.

That would be an absolutely terrible move.
    Bounine wrote: »

I full agree here. Kicking ass? yes sir.

But Jane Bond for B26? nope.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited October 2019 Posts: 524

I don't get it. Say that it does happen. Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD. I think you can argue that you don't want that because you'd want Craig to end his run as Bond by also being 007, the character we know and love. That argument I can follow.

But there's zero evidence pointing towards the possibility that if Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD, we'll get 'Jane Bond' in Bond 26. First of all, the character's name is Nomi, not Jane, so she can't be "Jane Bond" (unless that's a code name, but let's not open that can of worms). And secondly, Barbara Broccoli, one of the two people who pull the shots creatively on this franchise, has been very outspoken against the idea of 'Jane Bond'.

So if Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD, the role of James Bond will be recast for Bond 26. Depending on how they go forward, either Nomi is totally out of the picture and Bond is 007 (new timeline), or Bond 26 continues the Craig timeline and the new Bond becomes 007 in the new film.

And that's IF Nomi even is 007 at the end of NTTD, or if she even survives the film. And it totally depends on if she's even 007 to begin with during any point of NTTD, which we also don't know for sure yet. Much ado about nothing.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I really don’t think it’d be that bad whatsoever. As long as the film has a good ending, I don’t care whose called 007 by that point. Also, if she is 007 at the end of the film, that has no effect on Bond 26. Either Craig will come back, or another male actor will be cast in the role. How many times has Barbara told us that James Bond won’t be a woman at any point?

Remember when everyone was saying how instead of gender-swapping iconic characters from male to female, just create original female characters. This is what they’re doing. An original female character who might bare the 007 title, at the beginning, end or throughout, which should create an interesting dynamic not seen before in the franchise? I don’t see anything wrong with that, and I really don’t see how James Bond not having the 007 name for one film or even part of the film has any bearings on its success.

My opinion yes but if you walk out of No Time to Die, having enjoyed everything but the fact that she was 007 (without much reasoning other than James Bond should be 007), don’t you think that could be a bit much and is just spoiling the experience for yourself?

EDIT: Great minds @DeerAtTheGates ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I think TLJ is a different thing; Bond has always been the one and only 007. Rey becoming a Jedi
    after Luke's death,
    on the other hand, is nothing out of ordinary since Jedi have always been in the thousands. Still, I don't think the movie ending with Nomi being 007 is that far-fetched and I wouldn't be shocked if that's how the movie ended.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Folks. Please don't present speculation as spoilers.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    If they are keeping everything secret how exactly did this female 007 thing got leaked? It's a big spoiler isn't it
    I really don’t think it’d be that bad whatsoever. As long as the film has a good ending, I don’t care whose called 007 by that point. Also, if she is 007 at the end of the film, that has no effect on Bond 26. Either Craig will come back, or another male actor will be cast in the role. How many times has Barbara told us that James Bond won’t be a woman at any point?

Remember when everyone was saying how instead of gender-swapping iconic characters from male to female, just create original female characters. This is what they’re doing. An original female character who might bare the 007 title, at the beginning, end or throughout, which should create an interesting dynamic not seen before in the franchise? I don’t see anything wrong with that, and I really don’t see how James Bond not having the 007 name for one film or even part of the film has any bearings on its success.

My opinion yes but if you walk out of No Time to Die, having enjoyed everything but the fact that she was 007 (without much reasoning other than James Bond should be 007), don’t you think that could be a bit much and is just spoiling the experience for yourself?

Well, what I mean is that it would be a bad move if Nomi is still 007 when the film actually ends. Before that, who cares...
  • JamesCraig wrote: »

I can see it happening. My guess for the ending is either Bond dies or lets everyone assume he's dead (so he can go back into retirement quietly) while Nomi carries on as the new 007. Obviously this will just be the end of the Craig era and she won't be taking over the franchise, they'll just reboot with the next guy, but I just can't see them killing off or sidelining the new black female 007 so that Bond can get his old codename back and restore the status quo.

It is kind of derivative of The Dark Knight Rises, but I don't think that'll bother them. Craig's Bond has cribbed a lot from Nolan's Batman. Just can't see it ending any other way personally. Unless maybe Bond comes back to active duty at the end and she gives him the 007 number and takes a different one? Doesn't seem that dramatic/satisfying an ending though. We've had more than enough "Bond is back" sort of endings over the last few films.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I like listening to this guy:

Krazy Kajeevie sure is crazy, but his knowledge and no bullshit attitude towards the franchise is very refreshing from the other youtube pretenders.

The guy is an odious turd.

Couldn't agree more. I've got more time for a pile of wet dogsh!t!

• edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Woah, I return to see this thread has gone bonkers again for the last couple of pages. Time to leave again. This waiting game sure isn't for everyone. A Naomi spinoff, a Nomi spinoff, a no to spinoffs from Babs (yes!), still discussing this Nomi 007 business as if it were that interesting to begin with, and no one seems to get high on how happy the production crew seems and how much fun they had doing the film. So, as ever, craziness and panic all around.

giphy.gif
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 2,598
    Anyway, not that I really care but if she is 007 then I don’t really get why this was necessary (excluding all the ridiculous female Bond talk and Eon’s unnecessary responsive action). She could have been 00 something else.

In Forever and a Day, M was going to assign Bond a different number, 009 if I remember, and the only reason Bond became 007 was because he himself requested it. One of the reasons was that the previous 007 was his friend. The other was to let the enemy know they hadn’t given in and were still “flying the flag”.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Anyway, not that I really care but if she is 007 then I don’t really get why this was necessary (excluding all the ridiculous female Bond talk and Eon’s unnecessary responsive action). She could have been 00 something else.

In Forever and a Day, M was going to assign Bond a different number, 009 if I remember, and the only reason Bond became 007 was because he himself requested it. One of the reasons was that the previous 007 was his friend. The other was to let the enemy know they hadn’t given in and were still “flying the flag”.
    That's why it's probably best to wait to see the film in context. You're not gonna get the answer to "why?" anytime soon. But to be honest, why not? He's retired, a new 007 would've been hired, why not create a new and interesting dymanic between a male and female character? Also, we could ask why a lot of the franchise was necessary to be honest :/

Well, what I mean is that it would be a bad move if Nomi is still 007 when the film actually ends. Before that, who cares...
    ...and yes, but my commnets still stand. To me, that has no real affect on the film's success. Like I said before if the whole film is great and you love it, but Nomi is still 007 at the end, are you really gonna let that bother you? When James Bond is still the same character he's always been without the codename. That's like saying we're not who we say we are without our job titles...

I don't get it. Say that it does happen. Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD. I think you can argue that you don't want that because you'd want Craig to end his run as Bond by also being 007, the character we know and love. That argument I can follow.

But there's zero evidence pointing towards the possibility that if Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD, we'll get 'Jane Bond' in Bond 26. First of all, the character's name is Nomi, not Jane, so she can't be "Jane Bond" (unless that's a code name, but let's not open that can of worms). And secondly, Barbara Broccoli, one of the two people who pull the shots creatively on this franchise, has been very outspoken against the idea of 'Jane Bond'.

So if Nomi is still 007 at the end of NTTD, the role of James Bond will be recast for Bond 26. Depending on how they go forward, either Nomi is totally out of the picture and Bond is 007 (new timeline), or Bond 26 continues the Craig timeline and the new Bond becomes 007 in the new film.

And that's IF Nomi even is 007 at the end of NTTD, or if she even survives the film. And it totally depends on if she's even 007 to begin with during any point of NTTD, which we also don't know for sure yet. Much ado about nothing.

I can see it happening. My guess for the ending is either Bond dies or lets everyone assume he's dead (so he can go back into retirement quietly) while Nomi carries on as the new 007. Obviously this will just be the end of the Craig era and she won't be taking over the franchise, they'll just reboot with the next guy, but I just can't see them killing off or sidelining the new black female 007 so that Bond can get his old codename back and restore the status quo.

It is kind of derivative of The Dark Knight Rises, but I don't think that'll bother them. Craig's Bond has cribbed a lot from Nolan's Batman. Just can't see it ending any other way personally. Unless maybe Bond comes back to active duty at the end and she gives him the 007 number and takes a different one? Doesn't seem that dramatic/satisfying an ending though. We've had more than enough "Bond is back" sort of endings over the last few films.

James Bond Returns in James Bond Returns...
    ;))
  • How did we get confirmation that Nomi is going to get the title of 007? I know it came up a long while back, but isn't this just a rumer that has taken hold?

That's why it's probably best to wait to see the film in context. You're not gonna get the answer to "why?" anytime soon. But to be honest, why not? He's retired, a new 007 would've been hired, why not create a new and interesting dymanic between a male and female character? Also, we could ask why a lot of the franchise was necessary to be honest :/

...and yes, but my commnets still stand. To me, that has no real affect on the film's success. Like I said before if the whole film is great and you love it, but Nomi is still 007 at the end, are you really gonna let that bother you? When James Bond is still the same character he's always been without the codename. That's like saying we're not who we say we are without our job titles...

It won’t affect my enjoyment of the film as a whole but I just don’t like the thought of her still being 007 at the end of the movie. It just doesn’t sit right with me. If she is, then I think she needs to be in the next film too for a part but then what will they do? I know it’s been done in the Bond films but I don’t like the thought of a reboot where she’s just forgotten about and we have a new James Bond 007. I’ve never liked the fact that Blofeld originally didn’t know who Bond was in OHMSS following YOLT when the two had met in the volcano.

Obviously this is all presuming that she will be 007 in the first place.

Having said all this though, the only move I see possible for her not to be 007 at the end without resorting to cliches is self sacrifice like May Day in AVTAK which another member suggested. AVTAK was quite a while ago and most non hard core fans won’t think about this, I reckon. Personally, I’d like them to do this.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Clutching a straws here but.. I was looking at the title reveal vid and the teaser poster the other day. Has anyone else noticed that they look similar?
    Not just Bond wearing a tux but the teaser poster looks like the next frame after the title reveal vid just flipped.

I know it's a stretch but I wonder if there's a clue in there?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Really? Ridiculous, but I am not surprised.
  • Ana De Armas talks her role in Bond 25 and her love for Phoebe Waller Bridge
    https://magazinec.com/style/ana-de-armas-is-conquering-hollywood-in-record-time/
    169-FEAT-ARMAS-05_R3-1280x1292.jpg

Jumping from making Blonde to Bond was “a very strange transition,” she adds. “It’s so different. … I’ve never done an action movie, and I must have underestimated what these kinds of movies are, but I must say I’m really impressed,” de Armas says. “Man, it’s really hard. The training, to stay true to the kind of movie, to the tone. Everything takes so long, so your energy level, when you’re waiting, goes down. And then you’re suddenly on set and you have to start killing people or kicking people. And it’s in high heels!”

It helps to have dialogue written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who was called in to amp up the screenplay. “Lucky me, all my scenes were written by Phoebe,” de Armas says. “My dialogue and the energy of my character really comes through like Phoebe comes through. The woman I’m portraying is different [than previous Bond girls]. It has some bubbles in it. It’s really fresh and exciting.”

Of visiting Pinewood Studios near London for a tour with Bond director Cary Fukunaga, de Armas says, “I walked into the office and Cary was having a writers’ meeting and Phoebe was in the meeting. I’ve never blushed so hard. I couldn’t even speak. I just went, ‘Oh my God, oh my God, I love you, I love you. I want to be your friend!’” They are not yet BFFs, however. “Maybe one day,” de Armas says with a laugh.

A pretty substanital interview that reveals a number of key details - namely that Ana De Armas has action scenes and that her entire role was re-written by PWB. It also looks as though CJF and PWB worked closely on the script. Perhaps they are the new golden team. Time will tell (as we obviously have no time to die)

Really? Ridiculous, but I am not surprised.

Having double 0 code numbers in the first place is ridiculous along with many other facets of Bond’s universe.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Ana De Armas talks her role in Bond 25 and her love for Phoebe Waller Bridge
    https://magazinec.com/style/ana-de-armas-is-conquering-hollywood-in-record-time/

Jumping from making Blonde to Bond was “a very strange transition,” she adds. “It’s so different. … I’ve never done an action movie, and I must have underestimated what these kinds of movies are, but I must say I’m really impressed,” de Armas says. “Man, it’s really hard. The training, to stay true to the kind of movie, to the tone. Everything takes so long, so your energy level, when you’re waiting, goes down. And then you’re suddenly on set and you have to start killing people or kicking people. And it’s in high heels!

It helps to have dialogue written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who was called in to amp up the screenplay. “Lucky me, all my scenes were written by Phoebe,” de Armas says. “My dialogue and the energy of my character really comes through like Phoebe comes through. The woman I’m portraying is different [than previous Bond girls]. It has some bubbles in it. It’s really fresh and exciting.”

Of visiting Pinewood Studios near London for a tour with Bond director Cary Fukunaga, de Armas says, “I walked into the office and Cary was having a writers’ meeting and Phoebe was in the meeting. I’ve never blushed so hard. I couldn’t even speak. I just went, ‘Oh my God, oh my God, I love you, I love you. I want to be your friend!’” They are not yet BFFs, however. “Maybe one day,” de Armas says with a laugh.

A pretty substanital interview that reveals a number of key details - namely that Ana De Armas has action scenes and that her entire role was re-written by PWB. It also looks as though CJF and PWB worked closely on the script. Perhaps they are the new golden team. Time will tell (as we obviously have no time to die)

Hell yeah!
    giphy.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

tenor.gif
    I just hope she is dressed in some realistic clothing for the action and not some kind of red cat suit.

In high heels? Okay, if she’s already at a party... Damn, I’m thinking too much. :) Back to my Reacher novel...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,185

tenor.gif

That as well :))
    I just hope she is dressed in some realistic clothing for the action and not some kind of red cat suit.

As far as i'm concerned, she doesn't need to be dressed at all. That would be quite "different" wouldn't it?
  • Wow another actress who's said her character is "different" from other Bond girls.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Nice to have confirmation that Paloma has action scenes, and that she'll be killing people in high heels. I just hope her character isn't confined to just the Pinewood Cuba set.

Edit: Was it ever confirmed that there was an intimacy coordinator for scenes between Craig and de Armas? If so, that's a good sign that the two will have more scenes together.