No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I just like the photo of Lea; said posted 4 days ago, I don't know when it was actually taken. But yeah it's on that location and nice.
    That photo was a still was from an Instagram story - I think it may have even been the 007 IG story. And yes it was taken at the press reveal.

And yup she wears a lot of Louis Vuitton as she one of the brand ambassadors.

I believe Léa is either in Budapest or about go there soon to film "The Story Of My Wife" but there should will be some breaks in her schedule to allow her to film Bond 25. It was previously mentioned that it was a 57 day shoot but that is over 3-4 month period. Filming already started in April then she was able to go to Jamaica. Her French film with Bruno Dumont is not due to film until after Bond 25 finished (but that was before the delay). Léa did not mention Horseboy in her recent interview so I think project has probably stalled for the moment.

Anyway, it seems like the producers had to juggle a lot of talent's schedules with existing filming commitments. Rami Malek being the most notable one.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Amazing :D

Can't wait to see what they both deliver
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yacht scenes were shot on the day of the press event? If the date of the photo is to be believed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yacht scenes were shot on the day of the press event? If the date of the photo is to be believed.
    I believe so, HUJI is an app and the date that is posted on the picture is always the date of edit, so it was definitely taken either on or before the 25th :)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Virtually anything done in film today can be compared to something that has preceded it. . Armchair critics need to be a little more creative when dismissing a potential story element.

John wick disagree with you ;)
    I love John Wick without reservations, at the same time I can tick off half a dozen Bond items in the John Wick 3 trailer. Not a bad thing, but easily noted. I still get the point for Wick's innovation, but Bond's not exempt from that.

I know bond doesn't need to exempt from it, still could you pm me what you notice in john wick trailer similar to bond, I would like to Know :)
    Following up @Resurrection, I explained separately I have a habit to call out Bond-related items and scenarios in films and movie trailers. Similar to calling out homages in Bond films celebrating themselves (I'll be doing this for BOND 25 definitely--and I mention that here to keep on topic).

Part ripoff, part celebration. Part nothing new under the sun. No concern for what came first or valid origins. For example, the Bond ripoff For Your Height Only might have a Bond call-out that anticipates a OO7 mission much later in the 90s. Or an action serial from the 40s might have a connection.

So I said the John Wick 3 trailer has about 6, here's what I got.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+wick+3+5+minute
    SF: a special disk/coin/chip gains access to a needed establishment and resource.
    DAD: the beautiful Halle Berry.
    QOS: hero holds a photo of his (lost) loved one.
    QOS: SWAT-type team moves in on the hero.
    SF: fight in foreground, neon morphing background a la Jellyfish.
    DAD: hero and folks he's fighting fall through a shattered glass floor.
    FYEO: hero inserts a board/sword/staff in the spokes of a motorcycle and flips it.
    SP: Sinatra. (Honorable mention: YOLT.)
    OP: henchman throws knife, misses. Hero takes knife and returns it--his aim is true.
    TWINE, SP: hero fires weapon at villain--glass protects him and slightly fractures.
    TSWLM, QOS: hero walks through the desert.
    1483803_thumb.png
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    talos7 wrote: »
    Virtually anything done in film today can be compared to something that has preceded it. . Armchair critics need to be a little more creative when dismissing a potential story element.

John wick disagree with you ;)
    I love John Wick without reservations, at the same time I can tick off half a dozen Bond items in the John Wick 3 trailer. Not a bad thing, but easily noted. I still get the point for Wick's innovation, but Bond's not exempt from that.

I know bond doesn't need to exempt from it, still could you pm me what you notice in john wick trailer similar to bond, I would like to Know :)
    Following up @Resurrection, I explained separately I have a habit to call out Bond-related items and scenarios in films and movie trailers. Similar to calling out homages in Bond films celebrating themselves (I'll be doing this for BOND 25 definitely--and I mention that here to keep on topic).

Part ripoff, part celebration. Part nothing new under the sun. No concern for what came first or valid origins. For example, the Bond ripoff For Your Height Only might have a Bond call-out that anticipates a OO7 mission much later in the 90s. Or an action serial from the 40s might have a connection.

So I said the John Wick 3 trailer has about 6, here's what I got.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=john+wick+3+5+minute
    SF: a special disk/coin/chip gains access to a needed establishment and resource.
    DAD: the beautiful Halle Berry.
    QOS: hero holds a photo of his (lost) loved one.
    QOS: SWAT-type team moves in on the hero.
    SF: fight in foreground, neon morphing background a la Jellyfish.
    DAD: hero and folks he's fighting fall through a shattered glass floor.
    FYEO: hero inserts a board/sword/staff in the spokes of a motorcycle and flips it.
    SP: Sinatra. (Honorable mention: YOLT.)
    OP: henchman throws knife, misses. Hero takes knife and returns it--his aim is true.
    TWINE, SP: hero fires weapon at villain--glass protects him and slightly fractures.
    TSWLM, QOS: hero walks through the desert.
    1483803_thumb.png

Thank you for responding
    ggl007 wrote: »
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    FYI, y’all... In the USA, tobacco smoking by the hero/good guy in a film automatically earns it an “R” (age restricted) rating — unless it’s in an historical context (FDR with a cigarette, MacArthur with his pipe, etc.).

Is that right? https://smokefreemovies.ucsf.edu/whos-accountable/mpaa
    It’s technically not an official rule, but Hollywood avoids the controversy by simply not showing “good guy” characters smoking in movies that are not rated R.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Logan (Hugh Jackman) smokes a cigar many times in the films. Right before the first half of the climax in The Wolverine, he lit a cigar, and that film is rated PG-13.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    From the article above,

Where the MPAA stands now | The MPAA does not mention "tobacco" or "smoking" anywhere in its official Classification and Ratings Rules, last revised in 2010. Its Advertising Administration Rules (2014) bars distributors only from showing "illegal smoking by minors" in advertising materials. MPAA's web site no longer carries any information about its May 2007 announcement about the ratings treatment of smoking.
    Thanks @leas_mole for the Léa Seydoux update. I think your very wise comment that "the producers had to juggle a lot of talent's schedules with existing filming commitments" is one that some posters here should take into consideration before ruling out who is the lead and who isn't.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Cigars seem to be the acceptable face of smoking these days. Bit lame IMO and to me it doesn't really seem to suit the character. Surely Bond smoked cigarettes as a general rule. Brosnan on the beach leering at Halle Berry in DAD while sucking on a fat Cuban looked ridiculous and sad.

The only way we will see Bond smoking ciggies now is if they ever do a retro Bond set in the 50s or 60s, which I'd personally be all up for.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,333
    I think the only way we'll see a retro Bond set in the 50s or 60s happening is if Eon no longer require relevant product placement to help co-finance their movies, or it goes straight to television @Getafix. I just don't see that happening while the movies continue to be successful at the cinema. Meanwhile, the so-called health "czars" will be given free reign to slam unhealthy lifestyles and enforce their tenets. I'm surprised that guns aren't also given the same level of censorship, just like they were in the old Hays Code era, where you couldn't show a person getting shot in the same frame as the perpetrator. After all, guns are extremely bad for one's health. Or maybe that's still to come?
    I don't know if anyone may have mentioned it before, but given that Bond has left active service, what role will all the MI6 crew have?
    I suspect that Lashana Lynch will be the new 007, which is where we will be getting the scenes with M, Q etc.
    . It's had me thinking over the last couple of weeks if we will get that sort of diversion of sorts and Bond may not have too much to do with the MI6 regulars.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone may have mentioned it before, but given that Bond has left active service, what role will all the MI6 crew have?
    I suspect that Lashana Lynch will be the new 007, which is where we will be getting the scenes with M, Q etc.
    . It's had me thinking over the last couple of weeks if we will get that sort of diversion of sorts and Bond may not have too much to do with the MI6 regulars.

I suspect Bond still retains his 007 status while he's off-duty.

• edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Who knows at this point....

I think Lashana is an MI6 agent, whether she's 007 or 008. Who knows.

But in SP, didn't Gareth Mallory get made redundant as 'M'. Denbigh took over the Joint Intelligence agencies and Mallory gave some half-hearted speech about broken glass as the 00-division and MI6 closed it's doors.

Would we begin Bond 25 and just forget the developments that happened previously? I suspect that we will.

I quite like the idea that Q has moved on. Maybe government cuts have forced him out. Perhaps, Bond has to seek him out at his flat and ask for assistance. Hence, how his cats are introduced. Where do we think Q would live? He strikes me as a trendy Hoxton sort.

Daniel and Ben have terrific chemistry together. I liked Ben more in SF where he was more assertive, but he was comedic gold in SP.

I'm really looking to seeing these two back together again.
    So, nothing new today, right? :) I wonder what's next? We've been pleasantly surprised so far.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,548

But in SP, didn't Gareth Mallory get made redundant as 'M'. Denbigh took over the Joint Intelligence agencies and Mallory gave some half-hearted speech about broken glass as the 00-division and MI6 closed it's doors.

Would we begin Bond 25 and just forget the developments that happened previously? I suspect that we will.

I quite like the idea that Q has moved on. Maybe government cuts have forced him out. Perhaps, Bond has to seek him out at his flat and ask for assistance. Hence, how his cats are introduced. Where do we think Q would live? He strikes me as a trendy Hoxton sort.

Daniel and Ben have terrific chemistry together. I liked Ben more in SF where he was more assertive, but he was comedic gold in SP.

I'm really looking to seeing these two back together again.

I agree. Ben delivered the two best lines in SP, and they were both a roar.

Based on the photos posted earlier, this is what we may have to look forward to. Damn, am I getting pumped. CF is going to deliver the goods! Bank on it!

Precisely. Maybe Lashana Lynch is playing Nomi Quarrel in B25? It might be another way of introducing Quarrel back into the series?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    bondsum wrote: »

Precisely. Maybe Lashana Lynch is playing Nomi Quarrel in B25? It might be another way of introducing Quarrel back into the series?

Do you think she'll be calling him 'captain'? :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    bondsum wrote: »

Do you think she'll be calling him 'captain'? :)

No, "boy".
    I just realised this is really the position the camera was installed to.

12950612-6980375-image-a-81_1556710663912.jpg
  • craig2019craig2019 Jamaica
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Station_Z wrote: »
    I just realised this is really the position the camera was installed to.

12950612-6980375-image-a-81_1556710663912.jpg

Ah, yes. Thanks for pointing that out with the photos.
  • peaderppeaderp england
    Lea Seydoux is in New York.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    That's a Fleming title!
    craig2019 wrote: »

Please stop posting fan art in this thread.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,548
    This might just be coincidence, but look at Magnussen's strut here:

190430-billy-magnussen-jamaica-bond-25.jpg

There is only one person I have ever seen with this sort of walk...

daniel-craig-motorcycle-shopping-rachel-weisz-lobster-14.jpg

Again here:

article-2319134-199C5ECB000005DC-943_634x761.jpg

I had noticed this about DC years ago. He looks like he's going to hyperextend his knee when he strides forward. Magnussen is doing the same thing, as if he's mimicking DC. Plus: the hair, the clothes, even the brown suede desert boots. Anyone know the watch? All very DC-like. Quite peculiar.

I am not sure this means anything. But I'm going to keep me eye on it.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,311
    Wow, Dan and Billy are identical strut-twins! They could make millions with this.
    (cue Chandler from Friends: Eh...and exactly how?)

Sing: "This strut is my strut, this strut is your strut"

(Sorry, I'll stop here)
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Wow, Dan and Billy are identical strut-twins! They could make millions with this.
    (cue Chandler from Friends: Eh...and exactly how?)

Sing: "This strut is my strut, this strut is your strut"

(Sorry, I'll stop here)

It will make millions in vegas