No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I really do hope we don't have a London finale again.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    My guesses for location chronology...

Norway (flashback)
    Matera
    London
    Jamaica
    Cuba
    Norway (finale)
    I'm in the minority, but I love not being available by phone. :) It stays off. I keep it mostly for security or when traveling and need to communicate en route. My phone doesn't even have internet.

I don't even have a smart phone. Old school landline for me. I did have a track phone, but the minutes ran out, by the time I went to add more minutes the phone was too outdated to work.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I'd love a finale with a big battle sequence we haven't seen since TLD.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Denbigh wrote: »

Norway (flashback)
    Matera
    London
    Jamaica
    Cuba
    Norway (finale)

Hadn't it been established that Bond is in Jamaica, relaxing, "retired," when summoned by Leiter?

If the crew is going back to Norway, it means that the rest of the filming there is not contingent on snow and ice. I am also not convinced that the chase scene with the girl is supposed to take place in Norway. I am thinking Russia. This scene is NOT a flashback. And, despite earlier reports about the casting call, I don't think the girl is any relation to Madeleine: Occam's Razor tells me it's the scientist's daughter.

Pre-TS: scientist kidnapping / Bond in Matera w/ Madeleine, and there she is killed
    Post-TS: Bond is now alone and summoned by Leiter, et al. Since Seydoux has NOT been filming in Jamaica, it's safe to assume that she is "gone" when Leiter visits Bond.
    I think SF counts as a big battle sequence surely?

Can't stand it but I respect Mendes for having a go.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    SF's climax should definitely be considered a big battle.
    Very happy to have some more of Norway coming! I am wondering when the title will drop. I’m thinking maybe not until the first trailer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is production for this film still ahead of Spectre's?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    More photos of Daniel Craig and Lashana Lynch on set
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/12/daniel-craig-spotted-filming-exotic-scenes-new-bond-girl-lashana-lynch-jamaica-9502455/?ito=twitter

SEI_66908378.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C728&ssl=1

SEI_66908450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C487&ssl=1

Not feeling Lashana's hair or wardrobe....if they didn't want to give the short hair look, they should have gone for this:

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    She looks great. Cannot wait see this in context :D
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,756
    I hope there's a good reason for her outfit. Almost looks like a period costume. Maybe too much of a throwback...
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,281
    Lynch looks great in those photos. The pictures aren't revealing much, but the wardrobe looks good too. For some reason her hair makes me think of Mary Trueblood.

methode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fccde95bb-4575-4544-ab78-94af4e0ed42b.jpg?crop=1024%2C683%2C0%2C0&resize=1200
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I love Lynch's look here. Glad they didn't go for the short hair - it would open up unfavorable Jinx comparisons.
    Really loving Lynch in those photos. Bond looks pissed on the phone. So I hope this debunks the idea that she is an agent, a 00 one at that. Doesn't look like one, not in the slightest. And the setting, the house decoration with the chairs and the multiple books, and that 60s or even 50s style lamp, looks amazing. Well done.
    Dam they weren’t there that long for Jamaica

Two weeks shooting in location is a significant amount of time. It's immensely costly for a film production as big as Bond to move over to a country such as Jamaica. Essentially, as it has barely any film production resources.

Shooting there for two weeks means it will figure prominently. The Jamaican press haven't covered shooting as extensively as you'd expect.

Lynch put this photo up yesterday. Does this mean she was shooting on he last day? The van behind her looks like it’s from the crew and her outfit looks like film costume:

pmWcuGm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

btw, this is her personal dress:
    Front hose photos I’m very excited at least from an art direction perspective. The set design looks great, bond relaxing on his yacht with a huge red ensign behind him is iconic, and the hair/make up/ costume of Lashana Lynch looks spot on. Well done all
    Univex wrote: »
    Really loving Lynch in those photos. Bond looks pissed on the phone. So I hope this debunks the idea that she is an agent, a 00 one at that. Doesn't look like one, not in the slightest. And the setting, the house decoration with the chairs and the multiple books, and that 60s or even 50s style lamp, looks amazing. Well done.

Which photo includes the lamp?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Happy if they shoot plenty more in Norway. Also, I wouldn't mind a finale in London. I love Bond in London and in England. But I'm fine with any location for finale, whether major huge battle scene or not, just give me a great story with outstanding visuals (I think we will have that).
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677

0_PAY-10PM-Daniel-Craig.jpg

Bond looks angry in that photo.

0_PAY-10PM-Daniel-Craig.jpg

Thanks! That image didn't come up in the article for some reason, so that's why I missed it.

Agree that that lamp fits the set/location. I'm on the lookout for a new table lamp, and something like this one might just be what I need, as I prefer a bit of retro looking stuff. Hope someone will be able to identify what kind of lamp this is.
    He sure does look angry.

What do you guys discern in that pic? Besides the lamp, books, booze, another lamp, a nice chair, the large table, boxes and drawers. Anything else?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    TripAces wrote: »

Norway (flashback)
    Matera
    London
    Jamaica
    Cuba
    Norway (finale)

Hadn't it been established that Bond is in Jamaica, relaxing, "retired," when summoned by Leiter?

If the crew is going back to Norway, it means that the rest of the filming there is not contingent on snow and ice. I am also not convinced that the chase scene with the girl is supposed to take place in Norway. I am thinking Russia. This scene is NOT a flashback. And, despite earlier reports about the casting call, I don't think the girl is any relation to Madeleine: Occam's Razor tells me it's the scientist's daughter.

Pre-TS: scientist kidnapping / Bond in Matera w/ Madeleine, and there she is killed
    Post-TS: Bond is now alone and summoned by Leiter, et al. Since Seydoux has NOT been filming in Jamaica, it's safe to assume that she is "gone" when Leiter visits Bond.

An easy way to figure this out is to look at the claperboards:

Scene 15 would suggest that it's either the PTS or the first scene directly after the PTS. For comparisons sake, in SP the M scene was 18 and the scene between Bond and Moneypenny was scene 21.

Therefore, I'd be more obliged to say the Norway sequences are directly after the main-titles.

Scene 71 in SP was the M and C meeting in City Hall which came around 45-50 minutes into the film. So Bond must meet with Felix sometime towards the end of the first act.

I'm strongly beginning to think that the film opens with Bond and Madeline's wedding in Matera and she gets killed off, then the film cuts to 'five years later' after the titles. It would explain why Bond is alone in Jamaica and why Lea is in New York. here are some recent snaps. I think we are getting a remake of OHMSS at the outset of the film......

Lea-Seydoux:-Louis-Vuitton-Cruise-2020-Fashion-Show-at-JFK-Airport--01-620x930.jpg
    He sure does look angry.

What do you guys discern in that pic? Besides the lamp, books, booze, another lamp, a nice chair, the large table, boxes and drawers. Anything else?

There's a similarity with his London flat in that there's boxes lying around. That's something.

He does look angry. Forced back into action, or just very, very annoyed?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Daniel could be "intense" rather than "angry" in that photo. It can be interpreted several ways.

Last thing I want is an OHMSS remake. Give me as little of that as possible, please.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 1,680
    Something major happpens in the pts or right after.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Could filming in Jamaica wrapped, could this mean a video blog??
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Agreed. I like London, but yet another London finale would be too repetitive.
    TripAces wrote: »

Norway (flashback)
    Matera
    London
    Jamaica
    Cuba
    Norway (finale)

An easy way to figure this out is to look at the claperboards:

Scene 15 would suggest that it's either the PTS or the first scene directly after the PTS. For comparisons sake, in SP the M scene was 18 and the scene between Bond and Moneypenny was scene 21.

Therefore, I'd be more obliged to say the Norway sequences are directly after the main-titles.

Scene 71 in SP was the M and C meeting in City Hall which came around 45-50 minutes into the film. So Bond must meet with Felix sometime towards the end of the first act.

I'm strongly beginning to think that the film opens with Bond and Madeline's wedding in Matera and she gets killed off, then the film cuts to 'five years later' after the titles. It would explain why Bond is alone in Jamaica and why Lea is in New York. here are some recent snaps. I think we are getting a remake of OHMSS at the outset of the film......

Lea-Seydoux:-Louis-Vuitton-Cruise-2020-Fashion-Show-at-JFK-Airport--01-620x930.jpg

If so, why didn't they just call her Tracy Di Vicenzo instead of Madeleine Swann?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I hope there's a good reason for her outfit. Almost looks like a period costume. Maybe too much of a throwback...

That Land Rover Bond is driving is a time machine. He stole the technology from Malek's character. B25 will be partially set in 1962. 007 must find the gate to return to 2020.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    JamesCraig wrote: »

That Land Rover Bond is driving is a time machine. He stole the technology from Malek's character. B25 will be partially set in 1962. 007 must find the gate to return to 2020.
    Daniel Craig in... BOND TO THE FUTURE