No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    leas_mole wrote: »

Listen to Episode 10 of James Bond and Friends available on Podbeam. It offers further commentary on this from sources.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Listen to Episode 10 of James Bond and Friends available on Podbeam. It offers further commentary on this from sources.
    Yes, it was very interesting to hear about that in the podcast.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

@Bentley007, any way you can give me the jist of what was discussed? I plan on listening to it when I have the chance but it won't be for a while.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I take this speculation with a huge bottle of salt.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    While I know it was just a baseless rumour but I actually think I'd be into having a blind villain...
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited May 2019 Posts: 566
    Deleted from last year
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,164
    jake24 wrote: »

@Bentley007, any way you can give me the jist of what was discussed? I plan on listening to it when I have the chance but it won't be for a while.

Just listened - it was "won't spoil it here but there's a story reason for the pre credits being in Matera....feels weird for this [Bond's] character to replicate the opening from For Your Eyes Only and take your current squeeze with you".

So basically reiterating that same rumour from the first Matera reports that Bond is there to visit Vesper's grave.

Also am I the only one kinda getting sick of the whole OF COURSE they'll kill off Madeleine in the pre credits talk? Not even as rumour but as something people seem to want to happen?
    antovolk wrote: »

Just listened - it was "won't spoil it here but there's a story reason for the pre credits being in Matera....feels weird for this [Bond's] character to replicate the opening from For Your Eyes Only and take your current squeeze with you".

So basically reiterating that same rumour from the first Matera reports that Bond is there to visit Vesper's grave.

I still don't understand what their issue is with this. Why does it feel weird for this Bond to be doing that ...? Craig holds quite a similarity to Fleming's Bond, Fleming's Bond visits Vesper's grave.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Jamaica filming has wrapped up.

Dam they weren’t there that long for Jamaica
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Pinewood for the interior shots most likely. Looks like they did what they could in the exterior there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If no action sequence in Jamaica and Matera being the setting of the PTS, where's the finale taking place?
    Damn it, no more pictures for a good while now :(

Thought we'd get more from Jamaica. But all and all, this is a good sign. Production is full steam ahead.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    If no action sequence in Jamaica and Matera being the setting of the PTS, where's the finale taking place?

Could be a la Dr. No: completely indoors. So regardless of the location, the filming of the finale takes place in Pinewood.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

We've seen looks at that before, haven't we?
    I wonder if it's a "mobile safe house" of sorts for the CIA, and their operation/mission/infiltration (into Cuba?) that Bond is supposed to be part of is based from that ship, just off the coast. They use the smaller boats, under the cover of night -- infiltrate via the docks that we also saw made up (in Port Antonio) to look like the Cuban coast.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @AgentM72 Yes, it's been moored at Boundbrook Wharf in Port Antonio.

ZPrUbW4.jpg
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »

We've seen looks at that before, haven't we?
    I wonder if it's a "mobile safe house" of sorts for the CIA, and their operation/mission/infiltration (into Cuba?) that Bond is supposed to be part of is based from that ship, just off the coast. They use the smaller boats, under the cover of night -- infiltrate via the docks that we also saw made up (in Port Antonio) to look like the Cuban coast.

A bit of commando work for Craig, finally ... I love it!

Two weeks shooting in location is a significant amount of time. It's immensely costly for a film production as big as Bond to move over to a country such as Jamaica. Essentially, as it has barely any film production resources.

Shooting there for two weeks means it will figure prominently. The Jamaican press haven't covered shooting as extensively as you'd expect.

Lynch put this photo up yesterday. Does this mean she was shooting on he last day? The van behind her looks like it’s from the crew and her outfit looks like film costume:

pmWcuGm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • Its quite possible that the main unit have wrapped in Jamaica and the 2nd unit will stay on a bit to film some action...(with Craigs shots for the action sequences filmed at Pinewood). Maybe that boat and the plane are going to see some action ?
    There might be a small action set piece I Jamaica but there is no way it’s something of the size of the CR opening chase.

Two weeks shooting in location is a significant amount of time. It's immensely costly for a film production as big as Bond to move over to a country such as Jamaica. Essentially, as it has barely any film production resources.

Shooting there for two weeks means it will figure prominently. The Jamaican press haven't covered shooting as extensively as you'd expect.

Oh I see. Very interesting.

Lynch put this photo up yesterday. Does this mean she was shooting on he last day? The van behind her looks like it’s from the crew and her outfit looks like film costume:

pmWcuGm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Yes. Two weeks may seem abbreviated based on our initial expectations, but you can film quite a lot in that timeframe, especially if the shoot's been as intense as we've been led to suspect.

Bond would seem to be spending at least as much time there as he spent in the (actual) Bahamas in CR, certainly more than he spent recovering in Turkey in Skyfall, and (perhaps) more time than he spent on location in Rome in SPECTRE.

So it won't be the location of the film -- that's honestly a bit of a mystery to me, and leads me down the road of certain suspicions regarding the film's storyline -- but it's no doubt a significant early chapter.
    Why do I get the feeling london is the finale again.
    Even though the location isn’t my first choice for it, another London finale wouldn’t bother me too much as long as it’s much better-executed than SP’s. I wonder if there will be any more locations not yet mentioned. I was a little surprised that they already finished up in Jamaica.
    Lynch has finished in Jamaica.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ve seen nothing that points to London being the location of the finale.
    Now that doesn’t mean that it won’t be, but as of now it’s wide open.
    They spent 3 months in Turkey for the SF PTS. Two weeks is probably mostly getting from point A to point B shots, establishing shots, and some dialogue shots.
    Barbara Broccoli said that Jamaica is where Bond starts his journey, I'm not expecting Jamaica to have much screen time. Start of the journey implies that to me, like how The Shire is where Bilbo starts his journey in LOTR.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    talos7 wrote: »
    I’ve seen nothing that points to London being the location of the finale.
    Now that doesn’t mean that it won’t be, but as of now it’s wide open.

Where does that even come from?

Will he throw Malek of the Tower Bridge?

Or will Malek fall off the bridge because he's blind?