No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    talos7 wrote: »
    I’ve seen nothing that points to London being the location of the finale.
    Now that doesn’t mean that it won’t be, but as of now it’s wide open.

Exactly.

The Jamaican shoot was merely to get the exteriors. Now, they'll go back to Pinewood and shoot all the Jamaican interiors. Whilst the second unit likely will remain in Jamaica for the forthcoming weeks.

Hopefully we will get some news of some London location shooting! I can hopefully pop down and watch it being made.

I think the film will go something like this:
    • Opening in Norway (kidnapping or flashback)
    • Jamaica - Bond coming out of retirement
    • Cuba - Probably the mission with the CIA
    • London - Bond returning to MI6
    • Matera (I doubt it'll play itself in film and will be another location) - Possible finale

If Matera is not the finale - then I assume we return to Norway again.....
    The consensus is pretty clear that Matera is the PTS.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Given the incentives granted the production from the Norwegian Film Institute, it makes little sense for Norway to feature (as Norway or a different location) for only a few minutes in a PTS or similar.

If they have granted the production a record sum of 47 million kroner for a little shoot in the woods, it's worthy of criticism – not only because it's a total waste of money, but also because of the other projects that applied for incentives and didn't get any.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Given the incentives granted the production from the Norwegian Film Institute, it makes little sense for Norway to feature (as Norway or a different location) for only a few minutes in a PTS or similar.

If they have granted the production a record sum of 47 million kroner for a little shoot in the woods, it's worthy of criticism – not only because it's a total waste of money, but also because of the other projects that applied for incentives and didn't get any.

I also cannot understand how that shoot could cost four times that amount.

I also cannot understand how that shoot could cost four times that amount.

Agree. It doesn't make sense at all.
  • RC7RC7
    I’m convinced they will be back in Norway. The rest will be bulked up with London based scenes.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    RC7 wrote: »
    I’m convinced they will be back in Norway. The rest will be bulked up with London based scenes.

It is possible they intend on filming scenes in Norway in both winter and summer. Waiting for the landscape to change seasons would account for the gap.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Really liking Lynch's look from what we're able to see.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

It is possible they intend on filming scenes in Norway in both winter and summer. Waiting for the landscape to change seasons would account for the gap.

Could be. As an example, the producers were looking at places in western Norway when they visited Norway in 2017 (I think it was), and the guy from Truenorth (the company involved in the Norway shoot) talked about the possibility of shooting a car chase down Trollstigen. The roads up Trollstigen doesn't open before May usually.
    Matt wrote: »

Lashana Lynch looks great in that photo! Will be interesting to see what kind of character she plays.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I can recommend following Jeremy Fukunaga (Cary's brother). He has some lovely shots of Jamaica. No, they are not officially connected to Bond. I'm saying it's nice to see.

Above is hotel where he stayed in Jamaica.

Also, I'd be happy if there was more filming in Norway. I'm going to skim all references to rumors about the plot and characters. I'm just pleased with the photos I've seen and knowing they are shooting in these locations, happy with Phoebe polishing the script a bit. They do seem to be moving efficiently and smoothly now.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Dam they weren’t there that long for Jamaica

Two weeks shooting in location is a significant amount of time. It's immensely costly for a film production as big as Bond to move over to a country such as Jamaica. Essentially, as it has barely any film production resources.

Shooting there for two weeks means it will figure prominently. The Jamaican press haven't covered shooting as extensively as you'd expect.

Lynch put this photo up yesterday. Does this mean she was shooting on he last day? The van behind her looks like it’s from the crew and her outfit looks like film costume:

pmWcuGm_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

She looks far prettier in that picture than at the video announcement.
    I'm on her official Instagram now and cannot find this photo. Hmmm.
    I've mentioned this already, but I wouldn't mind seeing a production/behind the scenes book for Bond 25. Maybe Cary's brother will be visiting more than just the Jamaica locations?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

Must be the Instagram story then.

Must be the Instagram story then.

It is. You can tell by the lines on the top of the image (indicating the number of images she's posted on her Insta story), the "X" on the right, etc.
    Cary's brother was right there with him and has left on a plane for elsewhere, I think. He posted a couple of photos saying 1st leg and airplane, 2nd leg with airplane. I don't know, but interesting to follow for sure.

He followed me back, which is surprising and nice. Now I wish I could actually post on Instagram, but with only a laptop at home I cannot. All my followers see is my 'likes' and comments on theirs but I contribute nada on my account.
    Getting a real 60's vibe from Lashana's look too. I think and hope this movie will be visually sumptuous at the very least.
    Cary's brother was right there with him and has left on a plane for elsewhere, I think. He posted a couple of photos saying 1st leg and airplane, 2nd leg with airplane. I don't know, but interesting to follow for sure.

He followed me back, which is surprising and nice. Now I wish I could actually post on Instagram, but with only a laptop at home I cannot. All my followers see is my 'likes' and comments on theirs but I contribute nada on my account.

That's definitely interesting. Must be great for a photographer to visit locations like Jamaica. He might've been there to do some stuff for his own work too for all we know.

Do you have a smart phone @4EverBonded? If so, you can download the app and upload content.
    No that is my point - no deluxe phone of any kind. Only basic cell phone, kept off except when needed. I cannot post as I only use my laptop computer. But thanks for trying to help me.
    No that is my point - no deluxe phone of any kind. Only basic cell phone, kept off except when needed. I cannot post as I only use my laptop computer. But thanks for trying to help me.

Ah, that would make posting on Instagram impossible (for now). It would be great if Instagram would allow posting from laptops/desktops. I usually edit my images in Photoshop, and have to transfer the images from my laptop to my iPhone to post them. No big issue, but it would be preferable to avoid that extra step.

Impressed you have resisted smart phones. I held out for a long time. Sometimes think of going back to the old Nokia
    edited May 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I'm in the minority, but I love not being available by phone. :) It stays off. I keep it mostly for security or when traveling and need to communicate en route. My phone doesn't even have internet.
    Agree with @Getafix, that's impressive @4EverBonded. So much is done by smart phones these days, that it's difficult to be without one.

Ended up giving Cary's brother a follow too. He takes some nice pictures, so he's worth following for non-Bond content as well.
    Getting a real 60's vibe from Lashana's look too. I think and hope this movie will be visually sumptuous at the very least.

Agree. If they're able to bring the classy feel of the early era Bond films to the screen without it just feeling like a forced throwback, then we might be in for a treat.
    I'm in the minority, but I love not being available by phone. :) It stays off. I keep it mostly for security or when traveling and need to communicate en route. My phone doesn't even have internet.

Brilliant. In a funny way I think this may be the future. The internet and social media are making us and our societies sick.

I fully expect that in the future the wealthy and privileged will turn their backs on a lot of this tech. They're actually doing it already.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don't know about anyone else but this gives me Live and Let Die vibes with Rosie Carver and 007 at the hotel in San Monique :)
    0_PAY-10PM-Daniel-Craig.jpg
    0_PAY-10PM-Daniel-Craig.jpg
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I agree with you. I only really need it for work. Outside of work hour the thing is switched off or left on the bedside locker. I much rather having my Walkman on me.
    I found this guy on Instagram named Sam Bather. By the looks of things, he is a location production runner on Bond 25. Seemingly he wasn't on the Jamaican crew - but he did shoot in Norway in late March/early April during the frozen lake sequence.

He has posted some beautiful photos on Instagram, but one has a curious caption: Bye Oslo it’s been real. Can’t wait to be back in Norway In a couple weeks.

It looks as though they will return to Norway as suspected........................
    It looks as though they will return to Norway as suspected........................

Would make sense given the incentives the production got. Also, didn't Clara Amfo mention Norway again at the end of the interview round with the actors?