No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Virtually anything done in film today can be compared to something that has preceded it. . Armchair critics need to be a little more creative when dismissing a potential story element.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Virtually anything done in film today can be compared to something that has preceded it. . Armchair critics need to be a little more creative when dismissing a potential story element.

K
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

John wick disagree with you ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, Silva got the Hannibal Lecter comparisons thrown at him as well.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    A SOTL thing seems cool in concept but the fact that Austin Powers spoofed that exact idea makes me cringe if that ever came to pass

Virtually no one in the audience would recall the Austin Powers spoof.
    A different director with a talented actor, who has shown the ability to convey great menace, could produce something very effective and chilling.

Many people recalled the Austin Powers plot point of Austin and Dr. Evil being brothers when SP was released. Just saying, let's be a little more creative

I didn't actually.

I don't see much to compared silva's character was more unusual and less scary.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    A SOTL thing seems cool in concept but the fact that Austin Powers spoofed that exact idea makes me cringe if that ever came to pass

Virtually no one in the audience would recall the Austin Powers spoof.
    A different director with a talented actor, who has shown the ability to convey great menace, could produce something very effective and chilling.

Many people recalled the Austin Powers plot point of Austin and Dr. Evil being brothers when SP was released. Just saying, let's be a little more creative

I didn't actually.

Same here

I remember that many here brought up the scene where he is in a glass cage as reminiscent of a similar scene with Lecter.

I remember that many here brought up the scene where he is in a glass cage as reminiscent of a similar scene with Lecter.

That also happened in The dark Knight & Avengers
    Bond 25 filming has continued in Port Antonio. One of the signs may hint that Bond goes to Cuba. I'm unsure of Jamaica's connection to Cuba, so perhaps that sign is there for a reason.

ALSO......can someone please translate!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BwuxsgtlXrS/?utm_source=ig_embed
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425
    That's really a shame IMO. Have no interest in seeing Bond ' in Cuba ' again. If they want to set the film in Cuba go to Cuba.
    Jamaica has friendly but not especially close relations with Cuba. They are close neighbours but are linguistically and culturally very far apart.
    How many times has Bond visited Cuba now? GE. DAD.
    That boat maybe coming in from Cuba to Jamaica. Maybe Bond's in Jamaica, close to another thing that is happening in Cuba, and has to intervene. Something along those lines would be interesting. A bit of both neighbouring islands.
    I presumed the license plates on his Land Rover was Jamaican. Can anybody confirm?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,677
    He is in Jamaica. That's not to say he doesn't go to Cuba or something from Cuba comes to him ;)
    kultschar wrote: »
    I presumed the license plates on his Land Rover was Jamaican. Can anybody confirm?

If one search Jamaican plates online, we clearly see that the LR plates are Jamaican.
    Univex wrote: »
    That boat maybe coming in from Cuba to Jamaica. Maybe Bond's in Jamaica, close to another thing that is happening in Cuba, and has to intervene. Something along those lines would be interesting. A bit of both neighbouring islands.

I assume that Felix comes to Bond as the CIA can't operate in Cuba - where they assume the scientist has been taken.

Therefore, they need to do an "off-the-books" operation. So they ask Bond as it gives them a healthy degree of political distance.

I can only assume that Bond meets Paloma whilst on Cuban on the mission..............maybe she kidnapped the scientist or is also there to rescue him? It seems more likely she's an ally at this stage based on interviews.

I don't mind this at all. Looking forward to seeing how it all fits together. Though it looks more likely that Cuba will figure into the plot. I believe in the below interview, Ana De Armas mentions that Cary met with her ages ago to speak about the role of Paloma. Though I'd LOVE to read a translated transcript of this interview!

It would make sense that De Armas was being sought if they knew they needed a Cuban actress early on. After all......

ana%2Bde%2Barmas.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Cuba makes sense. With Norway already wrapped, Jamaica (given we know Bond starts out there) London and Italy (a very focussed location), I was always convinced at least another location would be on the cards - this may be it. I also wonder if Italy will feature as both itself (coastal) and somewhere middle-eastern (the town).
    It would make sense that De Armas was being sought if they knew they needed a Cuban actress early on.

Yes, that would make perfect sense. It's also positive if the part is written with her in mind (which we might assume given that Cary met with her a while back?).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    RC7 wrote: »
    Cuba makes sense. With Norway already wrapped, Jamaica (given we know Bond starts out there) London and Italy (a very focussed location), I was always convinced at least another location would be on the cards - this may be it. I also wonder if Italy will feature as both itself (coastal) and somewhere middle-eastern (the town).

+1.

While speaking about locations Sassilive reported that the beach location will feature a "jamaican" party. Since they are filming in the Caribbean doesn't make sense. I still hope Matera will be just Matera.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    It would make sense that De Armas was being sought if they knew they needed a Cuban actress early on.

Yes, that would make perfect sense. It's also positive if the part is written with her in mind (which we might assume given that Cary met with her a while back?).

Don't take this for gospel. i'm only going off a vague translation of the following interview:

I have not seen a transcript. It will provide a better idea per the Cuba matter.

Any Spanish speakers who can provide a transcript?

(Also, has anyone noticed the way Daniel looks at Cary when he speaks Spanish? Looks like he has a man crush)

People brought many things about Skyfall, some justified, many The Dark Nitpicking.

You will find similarities everywhere.
    Getafix wrote: »
    That's really a shame IMO. Have no interest in seeing Bond ' in Cuba ' again. If they want to set the film in Cuba go to Cuba.
    Jamaica has friendly but not especially close relations with Cuba. They are close neighbours but are linguistically and culturally very far apart.

And how many time has he visited Italy?

Or France?

With regards to.....
    “if set in Cuba then why not go to Cuba....”
    Perhaps the storyline of this particular film does sit comfortably with the authorities there.
    I recall that a couple of years ago there has been reports about a sonic weapon being used on or near the US Embassy in Havana.
    I wonder....
    Is this the “Technological Weapon” being speculated about for the Bond 25 plot line?
    Giugiaro wrote: »
    With regards to.....
    Perhaps the storyline of this particular film does sit comfortably with the authorities there.
    I recall that a couple of years ago there has been reports about a sonic weapon being used on or near the US Embassy in Havana.
    I wonder....
    Is this the “Technological Weapon” being speculated about for the Bond 25 plot line?

That might very well be ;-)

Nice username btw. :D
    With regards to.....

Or perhaps it is much cheaper to film it all in one country instead of flying here and there with all the crew and equipment.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425

Or France?

Yes but when he visits France and Italy they shoot there.

I'm not keen on repeated visits to a country where they know they cannot shoot and always use other locations to double for it.

Cuba is a great country with amazing locations - hopefully one day Bond will really get to shoot there. Imagine Bond actually on location in Havana?!

Or France?

I'm not keen on repeated visits to a country where they know they cannot shoot and always use other locations to double for it.

Cuba is a great country with amazing locations - hopefully one day Bond will really get to shoot there. Imagine Bond actually on location in Havana?!

That has always happened.

At least Jamaica is partially used as Jamaica.

Imagine they turn Materna into St Petersburg.
    I meant... doesn’t sit comfortably with the authorities there.

Or France?

Exactly. At least they shot GE in St Petersburg.

Imagine if they repeatedly used (say) China as a location but never shot there. In SF I think they did at least send the second unit to the actual country even if Craig never set foot in China.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 2,436
    With regards to.....
    I wonder....

Certainly in the past they wouldn't have been able to actually film in Cuba, this was seen by the US authorities as 'fraternising with the enemy'. Bond movies are part financed by American money. They had to film the Cuba scenes for DAD in Cadiz for these reasons. However, since 2016 US-Cuban relations have relaxed somewhat.
  • RC7RC7

Or France?

Exactly. At least they shot GE in St Petersburg.

Imagine if they repeatedly used (say) China as a location but never shot there. In SF I think they did at least send the second unit to the actual country even if Craig never set foot in China.

The tank chase in GE was a set built on the lot at Leavesden. Somerset House also doubled for it during the Wade scene, the airport was Epsom, while the Grand Hotel Europe is the Langham in central London. It’s not a new thing - my guess is that the ‘Cuban’ scenes, if they are indeed that, don’t require any landmarks and can be easily doubled around Jamaica. The cost of shifting production is astronomical.