The movie poster thread

Comments

Agree with @Mathis1 here! Love them both, but that second one is fantastic!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    the-return-of-the-musketeers-british-movie-poster-md.jpg?v=1556194514
    The third film in the series and criminally forgotten film, there is no Bluray or Digital version of the film, its like the film never existed. Alas Roy Kinnear father of Rory Kinnear died during the shooting of this film I remember the news vividly, they were very creative in having the character remain in the film.
    The third film in the series and criminally forgotten film, there is no Bluray or Digital version of the film, its like the film never existed. Alas Roy Kinnear father of Rory Kinnear died during the shooting of this film I remember the news vividly, they were very creative in having the character remain in the film.

Yes, and Director Richard Lester was so affected by Kinnears death that he never made another film.
    Do enjoy 'Return' but it lacked the entertainment factor of the first two. It does have a tremendous score though!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Yes, and Director Richard Lester was so affected by Kinnears death that he never made another film.
    Do enjoy 'Return' but it lacked the entertainment factor of the first two. It does have a tremendous score though!

I loved the first two films so when Return was released I was happy just to see the characters again. Its not on the same level as the 70's movies though its pretty good.
    I think I saw the third one on the telly many years ago, but I've never seen any of the others. All of them have quite the cast, that's for sure!
    I think I saw the third one on the telly many years ago, but I've never seen any of the others. All of them have quite the cast, that's for sure!

Very impressive cast Heston, Faye Dunaway and Christopher Lee are brilliant villains. Think I will rewatch the films over this weeks leave, the first two really are incredible movies.
    I still find it hilarious that the cast had no idea they were making two movies at the time!

Very impressive cast Heston, Faye Dunaway and Christopher Lee are brilliant villains. Think I will rewatch the films over this weeks leave, the first two really are incredible movies.

I'll make a note to give them all a watch!
    Indeed, one of the three best versions of Alexandre Dumas's story (the other two being the George Sidney version (with Gene Kelly and Lana Turner), and the Bernard Borderie version (with Gérard Barry and Mylène Demongeot).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The-Killing-WEB.jpg
    stanley-kubrick-filmleri_The-killing.jpg
    Great posters for The Killing, @Thunderfinger! Do you happen to know who made the first one of these? I don't know if he's done poster artwork, but the style of the first poster is quite similar to the style of the Spanish comic book artist Carlos Puerta.
    Great posters for The Killing, @Thunderfinger! Do you happen to know who made the first one of these? I don't know if he's done poster artwork, but the style of the first poster is quite similar to the style of the Spanish comic book artist Carlos Puerta.

It was created for a Kubrick themed show at a Burbank gallery by Richard Davies.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Fan-made, but better than the original.

72ecf467915819.5b5dc6061ef74.jpg
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,376
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Fan-made, but better than the original.

72ecf467915819.5b5dc6061ef74.jpg

Love it.

---

IMG_9597-1024x766.jpg

Another poster of The Killing...
    The-Killing-1956-4x6-ft-French-grande-poster.jpg

It was created for a Kubrick themed show at a Burbank gallery by Richard Davies.

Thanks for the link! Davies got a lot of cool poster artworks up on his website:
    b3669f25468be86fdff1c278_rw_1920.jpg?h=886e6f0285cdaaaaf2e084bf12281d86
    5e1d0ba5-d813-4ba7-a487-e6a5f4abf7ef_rw_1200.jpg?h=feebf4024c570f94f15ee83e6d3484ea
    7a9cc4c3-e195-433c-9a7c-51a09877f456_rw_1200.jpg?h=067ae4dbd2fdbcc5a03c97be0553d9a3

Really nice posters, @zebrafish and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! That Smokey and the Bandit artwork made me think of the spiral jump in TMWTGG. Many hate it, but I love it!
    It s a cool one. Here s an alternative poster for The Lighthouse
    LIGHTHOUSE_POSTER_50x70_final_low.jpg
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,293
    Great one! Really love the typography too; it's a good match with the artwork.
    2001-A-Space-Odyssey-Act-Two-small.jpg
    Alternative 2001 poster by someone called Ad_Illustrator.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Now, that's very nice! No bones and no chimps for a change.
    Agree, love this 2001 poster!
    Sin-titulo-12.jpg
    By Borja Munoz Gallego

Lost-Highway.jpg
    By Sister Hyde

These are really great!
    These are really great!

Yes, better than the official ones.
    You are definitely right about that. The official ones all fall into the "meh" category, IMO. They're alright, but nothing special.
    By Blow Up
    posterspy.jpg
    posterspy2.jpg
    Do you remember that cover for Live and Let Die ?

716ZZiam0FL.jpg

Well, I decided to do a little research about the movies featured on the marquees, and here are the posters for them. Now everyone knows about the first one, right ?

ap265-niagara-marilyn-monroe-movie-poster.jpg

Couldn't find the movie on the second marquee (Bond is just before the title ; maybe someone will be able to find the original picture and help me out here), but I found the movies on the next one. The first is Davy Crockett Indian Scout :

MV5BYzRhMmQ4MGEtZTkwNy00N2I4LWE5MWItM2UzYTFiMDFlNTIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

The second is also a western called Junction City :

MV5BY2I3YWE5NTEtMGMyOS00MWI5LTllMGUtOWM3Yjk5MGJjNWY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

On the last marquee, the first movie advertised is the musical biopic The "I Don't Care" Girl, with Mitzi Gaynor :

the-i-dont-care-girl-movie-poster.jpg?v=1456734897

And last, but not least, a George Raft movie, I'll get you :

s-l500.jpg

Any other I might have missed ?
    By Blow Up
    posterspy.jpg
    posterspy2.jpg

Really loving these alternative posters, @Thunderfinger!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Do you remember that cover for Live and Let Die ?
    716ZZiam0FL.jpg
    Well, I decided to do a little research about the movies featured on the marquees, and here are the posters for them. Now everyone knows about the first one, right ?
    ap265-niagara-marilyn-monroe-movie-poster.jpg
    Couldn't find the movie on the second marquee (Bond is just before the title ; maybe someone will be able to find the original picture and help me out here), but I found the movies on the next one. The first is Davy Crockett Indian Scout :
    MV5BYzRhMmQ4MGEtZTkwNy00N2I4LWE5MWItM2UzYTFiMDFlNTIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg
    The second is also a western called Junction City :
    MV5BY2I3YWE5NTEtMGMyOS00MWI5LTllMGUtOWM3Yjk5MGJjNWY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg
    On the last marquee, the first movie advertised is the musical biopic The "I Don't Care" Girl, with Mitzi Gaynor :
    the-i-dont-care-girl-movie-poster.jpg?v=1456734897
    And last, but not least, a George Raft movie, I'll get you :
    s-l500.jpg
    Any other I might have missed ?

Great job looking up all these titles, @Gerard! Had a look to see if I could find the original image of the Apollo Theatre (on stock image sites and elsewhere), but no luck.

As for the film titles, I'd only heard of Niagara out of these. All great posters though, and particularly the Niagara one.

Found a few alternative ones from the same film. The second out of these looks to be Italian.
    Niagara-286747095-large.jpg
    niagara-italian-movie-poster.jpg?v=1489661944
    Niagara-scaled.jpg
    By Gustavo Avitor
    blade-runner.jpg
    Exceptional film that I only discovered 5 or so years ago, it had the misfortune of being released around the time of Star Wars and Smokey and the Bandit so bombed.

oy1LP69kGuM1gZFTyMqL9A2b5Tn.jpg

2b7oexm173SF1FSEq0DdgxZZNRH.jpg

nwB2EncmkZv3cvT4Qa1BBoGSlz0.jpg
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , those are great, especially the second and third.