The movie poster thread

Comments

Gerard wrote: »
    It was the sequel to this earlier (1949) movie, also featuring Fernandel :

media.jpg

And both movies are available on DVD in France.

Thanks for the info, @Gerard! Do you know if these DVD releases include English subtitles?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I like this French poster for Prince of Darkness
    R.aef865564a20e44ac38a38814ba49bf5?rik=AkMp%2frzBilaYWQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f_80xPucthHFQ%2fTGKaP_0OnOI%2fAAAAAAAAEsA%2fkG7aDQzSCCs%2fs1600%2fprince_of_darkness_poster_02.jpg&ehk=cs31NhR%2bbeLC9OucUdf0U5fdx%2fFtdz13PKInGVgS%2bn0%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    Good one! I've never seen Prince of Darkness before, but it's on my to-watch list. Really like this one for the same movie too.

MV5BMjM5MjcxNTk2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI5NjcyNjM@._V1_.jpg

Although I'm not much of a horror fan, I very much a fan of 80's horror posters.

the-thing-1982.png?w=443
    tumblr_nw11vh4pud1trj6noo4_640.jpg
    2652c34a-84dc-471d-86ab-e105f9e1c2e8_1.9daf1379959147e10ee5f7160bc35d33.jpeg
    @Torgeirtrap , yes that version is great as well. Good composition, lovely colours.Mysterious and creepy. I liked the film when I saw it, but it s a long time ago.
    'Prince of Darkness' was the film where John Carpenter was considered to have got his mojo back! I enjoyed it when I saw it in the cinema, its not classic Carpenter, but has decent chills, (final shot is great!) good to see him work with Pleasence again.. and if course has a neat cameo from Alice Cooper!
    R.6eb893adde4873494daf0e4d2a3e98e8?rik=mKhKorrovzKFrw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.doctormacro.com%2fImages%2fPosters%2fA%2fPoster+-+Arizona+Kid%2c+The+(1930)_01.jpg&ehk=ErSaPq6rw5CIZ%2fIuGb%2bInJlVljK%2bTMD9tGKZRD72QJY%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    (1930)

R.3985f572d37b20c9b879fc3bcb8bc67c?rik=Oa6Gu5SeGQtekw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.benitomovieposter.com%2fcatalog%2fimages%2fmovieposter%2f30353.jpg&ehk=QbBA7g%2fJp6C0qOekjm76yXQ0E1LABUcoJOqUqe8UmE8%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Another cool kid from later.
    Couldn't help but think of the fake Rick Dalton posters for Once Upon a Time In Hollywood seeing that last one @Thunderfinger.

400px-Comancheuprising.jpg
    That s very cool. They got the mood of the era just right.
    That s very cool. They got the mood of the era just right.

Oh definitely! I'd watch any of these if they were actual films:

91Ao+AwtbFL._AC_SY879_.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    614TymIYLzL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    In Germany "Ringo from Nebraska" had that title.

• edited April 2022 Posts: 17,281
    In Germany "Ringo from Nebraska" had that title.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tarantino lent the German title of this film. I've never seen Ringo from Nebraska before, but I've seen a few films starring Ken Clark: the three Agent 077 films Agent 077: Mission Bloody Mary (1965), Agent 077: From the Orient with Fury (1965), and Special Mission Lady Chaplin (1966) – as well as Tiffany Memorandum (1967). Worth a watch if you're into Eurospy films!
    ringo-de-nebraska-img-27773.jpg
    b3c75dcfc696aa707381d48c233ad260.png
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,281
    Great posters! The artwork at the bottom of Una Pistola Para Ringo reminds me of the illustration style of this DN poster:

james-bond-007-dr-no-i12785.jpg
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 1,639
    finally after searching 10 yrs i got '75 TX Chainsaw danish 1sh :D

R80? turk 1sh (art is actually from "Fist" , not "Enter"....never seen another sgd by Saxon)
    That's a really nice poster @Tracy. Love the details in the illustration of Bruce Lee.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_%281951_poster%29.jpeg
    Love this poster.
    Lovely artwork!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Lovely artwork!

I just bought the film in 4K its a classic, I love that era of Sci Fi many of the posters were great.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 17,281
    Lovely artwork!

I just bought the film in 4K its a classic, I love that era of Sci Fi many of the posters were great.

I've never seen The Day the Earth Stood Still myself, but it's on my list of films to watch. I should probably think of a 4K upgrade to my setup as well, but it will be expensive…
    Lovely artwork!

I've never seen The Day the Earth Stood Still myself, but it's on my list of films to watch. I should probably think of a 4K upgrade to my setup as well, but it will be expensive…

It's a lot cheaper than it once was, I bought a 4K TV just before prices dropped, I shoukd have waited. I have an Xbox One X that has a 4K player in so that saved me money though players are also much cheaper now.

Upgrading a collection that's where the cost is. I have not bought many 4K films compared to the dvd and blurays I have, I tend to look for deals also. The Day the Earth Stood Still only cost me £3.99

edited June 2022 Posts: 23,347
    the-brain-eaters1.jpg

vintage-sci-fi-movie-poster-5.jpg?w=736
    I really should frame some 50's sci fi posters.
    ---
    shy_motionpicture.jpg
    Star Trek posters are often great. The model designs and SFX in TMP were some of the best ever created which lend to a great poster.
    R.3001d1090e77772d76575f1a71e53898?rik=TbbSd%2buZ7wnw7A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.killerhorrorcritic.com%2fuploads%2f9%2f6%2f8%2f2%2f968225%2fpublished%2f093020201032.jpg%3f1601487563&ehk=HPPZA2yJzArjJCxI2maRZgASb%2b1jr2SeTUK3mYoHlpk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    Lovely artwork!

It's a lot cheaper than it once was, I bought a 4K TV just before prices dropped, I shoukd have waited. I have an Xbox One X that has a 4K player in so that saved me money though players are also much cheaper now.

Upgrading a collection that's where the cost is. I have not bought many 4K films compared to the dvd and blurays I have, I tend to look for deals also. The Day the Earth Stood Still only cost me £3.99

Indeed, 4K used to be a whole lot more expensive than now – though upgrading every component like I have to won't be cheap, no matter what. Then there's upgrading the collection itself, like you mention. I have an older Apple TV that I use regularly. One option is to upgrade that one, and rely on a digital only library of films at first, streaming on a 4K TV.

________

Lovely posters! Big fan of the The Brain Eaters poster. I've seen that poster many times, but never seen the film.

I don't think I've seen that Star Trek poster before. Great stuff!

R.3001d1090e77772d76575f1a71e53898?rik=TbbSd%2buZ7wnw7A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.killerhorrorcritic.com%2fuploads%2f9%2f6%2f8%2f2%2f968225%2fpublished%2f093020201032.jpg%3f1601487563&ehk=HPPZA2yJzArjJCxI2maRZgASb%2b1jr2SeTUK3mYoHlpk%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Always loved the style of the Hammer Film posters. I've watched very few of them, however.

Really like this poster from another of Terence Fisher's films – Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace. A bit funny that they have misspelled Senta Berger as Santa Berger!

Affiche-colliermort-1962-fr.jpg
    A classic of science-fiction :

SoylentGreen_30x40_USA_JohnSolie-1.jpg
    Very detailed poster artwork! The style looked quite familiar, so I had to check who made the poster artwork. Turns out it's John Solie, who did posters for films like Shaft's Big Score!, Shaft in Africa, Death Race 2000, Smokey and the Bandit, and many more.

shafts-big-score.jpg
    MV5BMjFiYjY3ZDUtNjEyZS00ZGJjLTliYTMtZDAwMjgwMDA2NTQyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_-scaled.jpg
    Death-Race-2000-by-John-Solie.jpg
    Smokey-And-The-Bandit-by-John-Solie.jpg
    Cracking 70's posters there @Torgeirtrap, I was a big Burt movie fan in my youth, he was one of the early action stars along with the likes of Eastwood and Mcqueen.

Regarding 4K I have I think 5 4K streaming devices well 6 including my TV itself. A bit over the top as I rarely use a few of them. The streaming devices themselves especially FireTV devices are reasonably cheap when on sale.
    Cracking 70's posters there @Torgeirtrap, I was a big Burt movie fan in my youth, he was one of the early action stars along with the likes of Eastwood and Mcqueen.

Regarding 4K I have I think 5 4K streaming devices well 6 including my TV itself. A bit over the top as I rarely use a few of them. The streaming devices themselves especially FireTV devices are reasonably cheap when on sale.

I must admit I've seen very few Burt Reynolds films – even Smokey and the Bandit! I do have a DVD release of the film around here somewhere though, so I should probably give it a watch.

I've considered the Fire TV too (and it's not unlikely that I will get one), but since I have several Apple products already, I think it's easier to stay within the same "ecosystem" of products. I have two iPads, two Macbooks, an iPhone and an Apple TV, and the user experience between the devices are really good.
    edited June 2022 Posts: 23,347

I must admit I've seen very few Burt Reynolds films – even Smokey and the Bandit! I do have a DVD release of the film around here somewhere though, so I should probably give it a watch.

I've considered the Fire TV too (and it's not unlikely that I will get one), but since I have several Apple products already, I think it's easier to stay within the same "ecosystem" of products. I have two iPads, two Macbooks, an iPhone and an Apple TV, and the user experience between the devices are really good.

This is a good place to start regarding Burt, I love this film. If you have never heard anything about this film you will get an awesome surprise with this trailer.

This is a good place to start regarding Burt, I love this film. If you have never heard anything about this film you will get an awesome surprise with this trailer.

I'm pretty sure I've seen The Cannonball Run at some point, but unfortunately I remember very little from it. Should give it a watch again!

The movie poster isn't bad either. Very 80's!

MV5BNDJmZDRkMDAtM2JiNS00ZjdlLThiOTYtMWVhODJmYmY1MGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.jpg