R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

1235738

Comments

  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,176
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

    Sad week for Bond fans.

    Wow, what a crushing loss for Bond fans this week, one of the most iconic characters in the series there. RIP, Tania Mallett. Damn.
  • Posts: 11,189
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

    Sad week for Bond fans.

    Wow, what a crushing loss for Bond fans this week, one of the most iconic characters in the series there. RIP, Tania Mallett. Damn.

    Jill I think was "one of the most iconic" rather than Tilly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    Legendary Bond girl.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,176
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

    Sad week for Bond fans.

    Wow, what a crushing loss for Bond fans this week, one of the most iconic characters in the series there. RIP, Tania Mallett. Damn.

    Jill I think was "one of the most iconic" rather than Tilly.

    GF's iconic as a whole to me, pretty pointless thing to debate right now though.
  • Posts: 15,727
    RIP, Tania.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 11,189
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

    Sad week for Bond fans.

    Wow, what a crushing loss for Bond fans this week, one of the most iconic characters in the series there. RIP, Tania Mallett. Damn.

    Jill I think was "one of the most iconic" rather than Tilly.

    GF's iconic as a whole to me, pretty pointless thing to debate right now though.

    Of course. She's still alumni from a classic, iconic film.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    What a terrible week to start off Bond 25. RIP Tania and Shane.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Posts: 2,560
    Such sad news.
    One of my favorite scenes in GF is Ms. Mallet’s smile as Bond unleashes the Aston Martin.

    I’m really dreading the coming years, as more and more of the remaining Bond alumni from the 1960’s and 1970’s start to leave us.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 12,819
    It's not all doom and gloom. So many of the players lived long, happy lives.

    And we'll always have them.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2019 Posts: 17,614
    It's not all doom and gloom. So many of the players lived long, happy lives.

    And we'll always have them.

    That's true. They're still alive in their film appearances, as my late father used to say of any dead actor or actress.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,722
    Very sad news too learn of the passing of Tania Mallet. Always found her stunningly beautiful, wouldn't have minded seeing her in a larger part in GF or any Bond film.
    Not a good week for Bond fans sadly.
    RIP.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts: 4,383
    Tilly whas my favorite from two sisters and my favorite from Goldfinger. Sometimes i think there missing the option to let her play Pussy Galore.

    Tania-Mallett-007-James-Bond-Authentic-Autograph-Goldfinger.jpg

    Rip
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    I can't believe she died so many Bond people dying it's sad
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Posts: 3,262
    RIP to my favorite of the wonderful ladies from GF.

    Here's a picture of her from 2008 reuniting with her fellow GF leading ladies Shirley Eaton, Honor Blackman and Margaret Nolan:

    event_bs_gf_2008_5.jpg
  • Posts: 5,744
    Yesterday, I doubted, because I didn't see any confirmation of the sad news. But now :

    https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/tania-mallet-dead-model-actress-was-bond-girl-goldfinger-1198420

    It's too bad GF was the only movie she made, because she certainly had potential.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Rest in peace, Tania. You'll always be remembered.
  • R.I.P Tania. I wonder how Honor Blackman is doing these days. There's no public appearances of her anymore.
  • Posts: 12,506
    RIP to my favorite of the wonderful ladies from GF.

    Here's a picture of her from 2008 reuniting with her fellow GF leading ladies Shirley Eaton, Honor Blackman and Margaret Nolan:

    event_bs_gf_2008_5.jpg

    Fantastic photo. RIP Tania Mallet.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,566
    Tania wasn't the best actor in the world but she was in the most iconic Bond film with one of the most iconic leading ladies, and certainly one of the most iconic images of any female actor (Shirley Eaton in gold paint).

    And she was elegant and beautiful and remained a great ambassador for the series.

    Rest in piece.
  • Posts: 19,339
    I didn't know Helen Mirren was her cousin until just now.
  • Posts: 12,506
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I didn't know Helen Mirren was her cousin until just now.

    Me neither!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2019 Posts: 17,614
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I didn't know Helen Mirren was her cousin until just now.

    Me neither!

    Nor me! Every day's a school day!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,268
    We will miss you, Tania.



  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Posts: 3,262
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 544
    RIP Shane and Tania :(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 22,769
    R. I. P. TM
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Posts: 524
    The official 007 Twitter account sadly reports another death.
    Nadja Regin has passed away, known for playing Kerim's mistress in FRWL and Bonita in Goldfinger.

  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 13,866
    Damn, two GF girls gone :(

    RIP Tania Mallet. Jill may have been the golden girl, but Tilly was a badass with the Mustang and rifle.

    RIP Nadja Regin - I particularly liked her in GF.
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,722
    Oh no, not another one.
    A strikingly beautiful woman in the two Bond films she appeared in. No wonder they used her twice!
    RIP Nadja Regin.
  • Posts: 15,727
    Damn. I loathe 2019 already.
Sign In or Register to comment.