R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I am saddened to receive this news. RIP, captain.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Admirable & memorable contributions to the series. RIP, Mr. Rimmer
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RIP Shane Rimmer / Dick Spanner :(

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Shane Rimmer / Dick Spanner :(

Never seen that. Looks fun.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2019 Posts: 17,786
    Ugh! More sad news.

I liked Shane Rimmer in his three Bond appearances and he was great in two episodes of Tales of the Unexpected too.

He seemed to be a nice man in real life too, and that counts for more than anything.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Such a Shane.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Ugh! More sad news.

I liked Shane Rimmer in his three Bond appearances and he was great in two episodes of Tales of the Unexpected too..

He seemed to be a nice man in real life too, and that counts for a lot.

It appears to be a common trait that many who were lucky enough to meet him say @Dragonpol
    Something I admire in anyone, especially with those who have appeared on screen.
    So many a$$holes in the movie industry, who think their hot sh!t. Shane Rimmer comes across as a humble and honest man, too me that's a wonderful attribute.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Sad news re Shane Rimmer.

"Whose uhh funeral is it?"
    "Yours!"
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,437
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQd7FvJKNtn4SEg74WlCwuOEVv9nNYFWIwRVwdCCGkgJYcCoEmp
    Rip

Classic:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a4c43430-960e-4b6c-8870-71104d46e6e1
    What's the matter, sailor? You never seen a major taking a shower before?
    ;)
    M_Balje wrote: »
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQd7FvJKNtn4SEg74WlCwuOEVv9nNYFWIwRVwdCCGkgJYcCoEmp
    Rip

Classic:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a4c43430-960e-4b6c-8870-71104d46e6e1
    What's the matter, sailor? You never seen a major taking a shower before?
    ;)

He was great in TSWLM and I’m glad he got a meatier role wz Sir Roger, he deserved it,bless him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that is heartbreaking, but he sounds like he lived a good, long life. RIP and thanks for the years of entertainment, Mr. Rimmer.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    For me, foremost is TSWLM ... RIP, dear Shane Rimmer.xx
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 2,895
    Shane Rimmer was the go-to guy when British studios needed an American, and he always did justice to his country. EDIT: I just remembered he was Canadian!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,639
    I actually had to go to LFCC over several days as he no showed , ha ha (but I'm happy I eventually met him !)

D*amn , this is sad....I'm already bummed cuz Skolmen died , he was a legendary comedian here in Norway. But as it has been said so many times now , these guys are getting so old now so sadly it'll be sooner than later :(
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Loved him in all those roles over the years. Rest in peace, Shane.
    What a loss. He was in so many great films and always did his parts so well! RIP Shane Rimmer.
    RIP Shane Rimmer, never got the opportunity to meet the man sadly. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    RIP Shane Rimmer. I think I spotted him in AVTAK too, although the general consensus is that he doesn't appear in that film.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Shane. Seemed like a very nice gentleman from his interviews. Love his roles and found him to be a very enjoyable secondary character.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R. I. P. Shane Rimmer he was memorable in everything he was involved in... Bond, Thunderbirds, Superman, Batman to name a few., he is immortalised by the work he did.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Mr Rimmer, a familiar face for Bond fans but maybe even more significant as the voice of Scott Tracy.

FAB, Shane :(
    RIP Shane Rimmer. What I will remember him most is his very distinct voice..you would recognise it anywhere.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,262
    RIP to my favorite ally of the Roger Moore era.

He's here with Cliff Klaven(Cheers) in Superman II starting at 2:21

QBranch wrote: »
    RIP Shane Rimmer. I think I spotted him in AVTAK too, although the general consensus is that he doesn't appear in that film.

Where do u think you saw him,Q ?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Where do u think you saw him,Q ?
    Near the end, during the mine sequence. Just after Bond and Stacey get out of the mine cart, we see Zorin and May Day walking along the train line. In the very next shot, an older guy walks in front of the mine cart that's carrying the bomb. He walks from right to left, stops, and looks around. Time is about 1 hour, 43min in.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited March 2019 Posts: 6,716
    That ain't him (the eyes are different). Also, I don't they'd hire Rimmer for such a non-part.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I can't confirm, but I can add to the speculation.

The mine entrance was filmed at Amberley, West Sussex, England, with the mine interiors at Pinewood. So it makes sense Shane Rimmer would be available.

The other reason he'd be there was the Broccoli family way of doing business--as a family. They obviously liked him and appreciated his availability and work in three previous films.

I looked at the scene--it's a nice thought but can't tell absolutely if it's him. Though it'll like come to mind for future viewings.
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

Sad week for Bond fans.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Apparently Tania Mallett who played Tilly Masterson in Goldfinger has passed away.

Sad week for Bond fans.

Yes, only saw that on Facebook myself just now. More sad news.