The Crazy Cat Person Thread

Comments

QBranch wrote: »
    What breed is he? He almost looks Ballchinian.
    Ballchinian! I like it!

I think he’s a Turkish Van though
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ballchinian! I like it!

You could call him the Young Turk. Or Turk for short.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Cats are easily the greatest creatures on planet earth.
    DCisared wrote: »
    Cats are easily the greatest creatures on planet earth.

I firmly believe so too. Very curious and instinctive creatures.
    Ok the application is submitted!

We came to an agreement on the name! We sensibly decided to look at the black and white factor over the big ol’ genital pattern, lol.

Named after my favorite Bond, say hello to our newest member, Tim!
    Tim is good! My favourite Bond too, incidentally.

We came to an agreement on the name! We sensibly decided to look at the black and white factor over the big ol’ genital pattern, lol.

Guess Tim isn't an innuendo? :))
    Good name, though! Give him a bowtie, and you have Dalton lookalike. :-)

I always thought they said Tim was a Lounge Room Lizard, but he could be a graceful cat too.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Zoe and Henna approve. Hi Tim!
    zoe_henna81fg4.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Call him Dickens.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,797
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Zoe and Henna approve. Hi Tim!
    zoe_henna81fg4.jpg

That's cute!

Zoe looks like my Tabby cat Kitty. You can see her in the video I posted in the OP.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 8,684
    You're right, though just judging from your video Zoe has more of a reddish shade in places than Kitty.
    You're right, though just judging from you video Zoe has more of a reddish shade in places than Kitty.

I should be able to post pictures of my cats here, but I'm not sure technically how to do it.
    You just need some sort of upload service website (not sure this is the technical term for it). I'm using the German not-really-for-profit place abload.de, but it's only in German
    and there are scores of others. You upload your own pics and receive a link for downloading them which you copy and paste into the "image" box over here. Done.
    You just need some sort of upload service website (not sure this is the technical term for it). I'm using the German not-really-for-profit place abload.de, but it's only in German
    and there are scores of others. You upload your own pics and receive a link for downloading them which you copy and paste into the "image" box over here. Done.

Thanks, thought it was something like that. I'll have to try that then and see how get on! :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I always thought they said Tim was a Lounge Room Lizard, but he could be a graceful cat too.

Haven't heard that term before!

In my early computer days a friend gave me a copy of a computer game called "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards". But I agree that's my only connection to the term.

I remembering reading somewhere years ago that Dalton's Bond had a "Lounge Room Lizard" element to him.

A "lounge lizard" is typically depicted as a well-dressed man who frequents the establishments in which the rich gather with the intention of seducing a wealthy woman with his flattery and deceptive charm. The term presumably owes something to the cold and insinuating quality of reptiles.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lounge_lizard

In my early computer days a friend gave me a copy of a computer game called "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards". But I agree that's my only connection to the term.

Wasn't it the Leisure Suit Larry games that involved playing a character that's trying to get laid, or something?

Wasn't it the Leisure Suit Larry games that involved playing a character that's trying to get laid, or something?

Yeah, I think they sort of got raunchier over time. The one I had was rather harmless, though.
    Ballchinian! I like it!

How about Solozzo? If you're a Godfather fan.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

I approve! Handsome lads both.

(I've always thought Dalton looked like a wolf, incidentally.)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ballchinian! I like it!
    Sadly, not my brilliant idea - it's a line from Men In Black 2.

Yeah, I think they sort of got raunchier over time. The one I had was rather harmless, though.

Never played played the games myself, but knew I had heard of them before. Back on topic, there's a cat named Larry with it's own Wikipedia article:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat)
    We pick up little Timothy Tuesday! Can't wait!!!
    We have plenty cats already, but we're sort of saving him from certain doom

Yes, I suppose you do. It seems incredible to me that in American "shelters" animals are killed after a while unless they're adopted. It doesn't happen here and would cause an uproar. So all the best to you and Timothy!

If you're getting more cats on a later occasion, you still have Sean, George, Roger, Pierce and Daniel to choose from!

If you're getting more cats on a later occasion, you still have Sean, George, Roger, Pierce and Daniel to choose from!

The whole James Bond catalogue, you might say. ;)
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,279

The whole James Bond catalogue, you might say. ;)

Yes! :))
    That means discriminating against female cats. Unless you include at least the likes of Ursula, Daniela, Honor, Claudine etc. in the selection.