Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• edited March 5 Posts: 12,269
    Speaking as someone who grew up in a pretty technology-heavy era, I envy the idea of a time when kids could just go out, bike, chill, and do whatever. My mom told me about how when she was a kid, her parents didn’t care what she did as long as all her chores and homework got done. I still love getting all the video games and stuff I grew up on, but any of the little time I spent on social media is regretted. It’s done horrific, irreparable damage to our society. There really is something to be said for just “go outside.” Part of the issue too I think is that kids are more restricted because of safety concerns, which is valid to a large extent, but still, I think taking away that kind of outdoor biking freedom has hurt things more than one would like.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who grew up in a pretty technology-heavy era, I envy the idea of a time when kids could just go out, bike, chill, and do whatever. My mom told me about how when she was a kid, her parents didn’t care what she did as long as all her chores and homework got done. I still love getting all the video games and stuff I grew up on, but any of the little time I spent on social media is regretted. It’s done horrific, irreparable damage to our society. There really is something to be said for just “go outside.” Part of the issue too I think is that kids are more restricted because of safety concerns, which is valid to a large extent, but still, I think taking away that kind of outdoor biking freedom has hurt things more than one would like.

I want to print your post on a T-shirt, @FoxRox, and wear that T-shirt while teaching. The irreparable damage caused by social media -- video games are harmless in comparison -- cannot be overstated. Yes, "go outside!" Get dirty, wet, and tired; bring home some scars and wounds. Let the world outside be your school of life. And for the love of common sense, stop looking at TikTok morons while they are trying to dance or sing Dua Lipa songs!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Facebook, Messenger and Instagram were down, folks.

I noticed. I wanted to post about it on Instagram but it was down, dammit.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Virgin Media is doing work in the neighbourhood and it's doing my head in.

It can be trying:

Thanks for posting this @Dragonpol. I'd never heard of this series before. It's hilarious.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Virgin Media is doing work in the neighbourhood and it's doing my head in.

It can be trying:

Thanks for posting this @Dragonpol. I'd never heard of this series before. It's hilarious.

I'm happy to have introduced you to it, @George_Kaplan. It was one of the funniest British comedy shows ever to grace the small screen.
  • edited March 6 Posts: 1,639
    stor*s-clos*d-*arly(5pm)-in-50s/60s/70s-with-xmas-in-Norway....was-it-lik*-that-in-UK-too?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Tracy wrote: »
    stor*s-clos*d-*arly(5pm)-in-50s/60s/70s-with-xmas-in-Norway....was-it-lik*-that-in-UK-too?

Why are you writing like you're trying to hide from AI?
    LucknFate wrote: »

Gosh, could it be...

61NrgiMzDWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited March 6 Posts: 3,390
    LucknFate wrote: »

Gosh, could it be...

61NrgiMzDWL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Instead of Johnny English, or Austin Powers, I think they should make of these. Hahaha.

Edit: I still liked those films, but Bond parody books like these would've been interesting.

For sure Archer?
    Why do people insist on sitting in their cars leaving the engine running for an interminable period of time? Is petrol/diesel so cheap that people can afford to waste it?

There's also the connected phenomenon of people exiting their car in a public place and leaving the engine running with the keys obviously in the ignition. That's just asking for trouble surely?
    Why do people insist on sitting in their cars leaving the engine running for an interminable period of time? Is petrol/diesel so cheap that people can afford to waste it?

There's also the connected phenomenon of people exiting their car in a public place and leaving the engine running with the keys obviously in the ignition. That's just asking for trouble surely?

Amen to that, @Dragonpol! I cannot understand it either. I even turn off my car at a closed railway.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Amen to that, @Dragonpol! I cannot understand it either. I even turn off my car at a closed railway.

Yes, especially if it's going to take a long while or there are two or more trains coming through. I of course mentioned nothing of the environmental factor and the needless pollution this curious phenomenon causes.
    I've got house flies at home.

That's mighty fast. It's early March! What temperatures are you guys experiencing right now?
    edited March 12 Posts: 17,805

Maybe they've come out of the woodwork? That sometimes happens. It's still too cold for flies where I am thankfully.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

That's mighty fast. It's early March! What temperatures are you guys experiencing right now?

Not very cold, fairly mild for March, but nothing too warm. A couple days ago it felt like the plagues of Egypt!

Maybe they've come out of the woodwork? That sometimes happens. It's still too cold for flies where I am thankfully.

Apparently it's a common problem these days where we live: other people complained about house flies. I bought some fly repellent on Amazon. And fly killers. Not working too well.

Oh and today's complaint: my son has an ear infection and kept us awake all night.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I am so tired of the coverage of Kate Middleton. And I'm not even in the UK.
    echo wrote: »

That's the case for every royal.
    echo wrote: »

I don't see what all the fuss is about. The photo looks fine to me.

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited March 15 Posts: 565
    I don't like to be nasty, but I always think family pictures of the Cambridge/Waleses look like stock photos.
    I don't like to be nasty, but I always think family pictures of the Cambridge/Waleses look like stock photos.

Clearly that's what other people thought too. I don't understand why they can't just take a photo with their no doubt expensive camera and leave it at that. Why mess about with it?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Okay ladies and gents, this is partially my fault.
    We let @bjmdds join this forum briefly as we are open to all Bond fans. No matter what your thoughts on a particular actor.
    However @bjmdds decided it was best to just troll here, and was banned in a matter of days.
    Since then he’s decided to post goings on at this forum at Dcinb. As a result of this, I have (ashamedly) risen to the bait and given that forum something to post about.
    I apologise for that.
    As part of the MI6 Community I believe we are tolerant of all Bond fans. We all have different views and opinions, but as Bond fans we are united. .
    If Dcinb want to repost the goings on here then that’s up to them.
    I for one and not going to engage in any further
    baiting or by play too appease them.
    Benny wrote: »
    Okay ladies and gents, this is partially my fault.
    We let @bjmdds join this forum briefly as we are open to all Bond fans. No matter what your thoughts on a particular actor.
    However @bjmdds decided it was best to just troll here, and was banned in a matter of days.
    Since then he’s decided to post goings on at this forum at Dcinb. As a result of this, I have (ashamedly) risen to the bait and given that forum something to post about.
    I apologise for that.
    As part of the MI6 Community I believe we are tolerant of all Bond fans. We all have different views and opinions, but as Bond fans we are united. .
    If Dcinb want to repost the goings on here then that’s up to them.
    I for one and not going to engage in any further
    baiting or by play too appease them.

Indeed, @Benny, we are trying to be very tolerant towards Bond fans with whatever opinion, but much less so towards trolls and spammers. DCINB is a refugee camp for disgruntled so-called Bond fans who are very proud of their infantile (can't think of a better word) approach to Daniel Craig and love to mock members of this forum. I'm neither impressed nor intimidated; rather, I'm happy to be a member of this fine community.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 29 Posts: 8,501
    In the end, gentlemen, I went over there to read what and who they were... They truly sound obsessed and paranoid.

Holding an almost 20 year grudge against a filmmaker and an actor, is unhinged.

Their obsession with you @Benny really shows what this echo chamber is made up of...

It was a little uncomyfotable to get a glimpse into the way these people think.
    peter wrote: »
    In the end, gentlemen, I went over there to read what and who they were... They truly sound obsessed and paranoid.

Their obsession with you @Benny really shows what this echo chamber is made up of...

Not to mention their political stuff. Wow.

Ha, ha! I did the same, @peter Couldn't resist checking them out, yes, quite an eye opener! Do you think its just one person with multiple identities? 🤔 😅
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Ha, ha! I did the same, @peter Couldn't resist checking them out, yes, quite an eye opener! Do you think its just one person with multiple identities? 🤔 😅

😂, no o think it’s worse than that. I think it’s the same three people who have created multiple identities.

Honestly, so creepy!!
  • edited March 29 Posts: 2,065
    I just found some of my posts on their forum. Ha go figure.
    I have an account over there since 2013 under the same username as here but I've never actually posted under it. I see @bjmdds is quoting posts from several members here verbatim over there. Even a moderator on DCINB called Kristatos has agreed with @peter here and said, "I'm getting slight "stalker ex" vibes from these posts." That says it all really. They have never really had a good reputation in terms of Bond fandom and their recent interactions here haven't exactly covered them in glory either.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I have an account over there since 2013 under the same username as here but I've never actually posted under it. I see @bjmdds is quoting posts from several members here verbatim over there. Even a moderator on DCINB called Kristatos has agreed with @peter here and said, "I'm getting slight "stalker ex" vibes from these posts." That says it all really. They have never really had a good reputation in terms of Bond fandom and their recent interactions here haven't exactly covered them in glory either.

Honestly, it’s absolutely creepy. There’s just no other word to describe it. These guys need to find some hobbies!