Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Happy belated birthday to you @FoxRox <:-P
    @Benny Much appreciated! I’m elated to say it was the best day of the month by far and having the support I do here and in real life makes all the difference :)
    That's great to hear my friend.
    :-bd
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    @Benny Much appreciated! I’m elated to say it was the best day of the month by far and having the support I do here and in real life makes all the difference :)

That's what we are here for: therapy, drugs, and alcohol. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »

That's what we are here for: therapy, drugs, and alcohol. ;-)

No, no we keep the drugs and alcohol @DarthDimi remember.
    It’s our ummm….important medication
    Wink wink nudge nudge.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A little late to the party, but happy birthday @FoxRox. <:-P Hope you had a good one.

040717582612246c915f2a49ffa0be55.gif
    @MajorDSmythe Thank you very much! Great GIF, and it was lovely :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    You're as happy as a fox rolling in leaves. ;)
    Oh, great! Bank Holiday weekend, and I've just tested positive for Covid!! Not as bad as first time I got it, but all flu sythoms and I feel like crap!
    Hang in there @Mathis1
    Things like this always seem to happen at the most in opportune times.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Oh, great! Bank Holiday weekend, and I've just tested positive for Covid!! Not as bad as first time I got it, but all flu sythoms and I feel like crap!

That suck, @Mathis1! Take care, friend. If you feel like it, now is the time to binge the hell out of your movie library. ;-)
    @Mathis1
    So sorry to hear that, I hope you get to feeling better quickly!
    Thanks guys, appreciate it!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, @Mathis1.

Do like Dragonpol did and take the Paracetamol.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oy, @FoxRox a very belated happy birthday from the swamps! It's that medication i got from the mods that's gotten me forgetting the days, and to check in on time.

(Lovely stuff @Benny, @DarthDimi I don't want the blue stuff anymore thank you very much).

@Mathis1 take care and get well soon!
    @CommanderRoss Thanks! :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It's clear when there are internet trolls, whether on this site or others.

Then there are times, when a poster comes along and may challenge the views of other members of a site. This poster engages and prods for the sake of debate and out of an interest of a subject, and sometimes, sometimes intent is lost in text.

The subtext of the message is misconstrued, and sometimes a few members read these posts as being a troll. They may talk amongst themselves, and since this small group see the same thing, they believe that they must be right.

But perhaps they're incorrect? Perhaps the tone of a post was misread? And the message or subtext was lost?

Sometimes I've been caught impulsively responding to a post, thinking I know what the tone or subtext of the message is, and I've been wildly wrong, and had to apologize for my mistake.

It's good to take a step back, and just pause, and question what the tone or subtext of a message really is (is one really looking for a virtual war of words behind a screen, or is one truly looking to discuss and debate?)...
    Virgin Media is doing work in the neighbourhood and it's doing my head in.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Virgin Media is doing work in the neighbourhood and it's doing my head in.

It can be trying:

• edited February 29 Posts: 12,273
    Suffering the paranoia of maybe being sicker than you really are has killed me the last several months, and was exacerbated by me actually getting COVID last month. I am prone to frequent bad headaches, but when you add a lack of appetite for even just a little while or dizziness or something, I start to freak out way too much and it’s usually nothing. Someone I know came to work possibly carrying some kind of flu, which doesn’t help ease things at all. And I know there’s a big new stomach bug going around, norovirus. Too many things to worry about x(

Though all my other COVID symptoms seem to have gone, I still have been going through dizzy spells every so often which I’ve read can last months or years after contracting COVID. I really hope this will go away sooner than that.
    Nothing wrong with worrying about your own welfare @FoxRox
    I'm going to guess you've seen your GP, just for piece of mind?
    Either way, hope you're feeling fit and well real soon.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Facebook, Messenger and Instagram were down, folks.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »

Yes noticed it.

I noticed I couldn't get in to Facebook Messenger earlier but thought it was just my silly phone.

Call me evil, but I loved it. I witnessed a classroom full of teenagers freaking out over it. 😈
    edited March 5 Posts: 17,816
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes. I wish schools in my country would act a little faster to follow that example.

Call me evil, but I loved it. I witnessed a classroom full of teenagers freaking out over it. 😈

They deserved it.
    Ludovico wrote: »

They deserved it.

If only Meta, TikTok and the rest of that "socials" crap would shut down for a week, the world would be a happier place for it. All I can say as someone who works with teenagers is that those crappy platforms damage many teen brains.