Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 29 Posts: 5,979
    peter wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    In the end, gentlemen, I went over there to read what and who they were... They truly sound obsessed and paranoid.

Holding an almost 20 year grudge against a filmmaker and an actor, is unhinged.

Their obsession with you @Benny really shows what this echo chamber is made up of...

It was a little uncomyfotable to get a glimpse into the way these people think.

Ha, ha! I did the same, @peter Couldn't resist checking them out, yes, quite an eye opener! Do you think its just one person with multiple identities? 🤔 😅

😂, no o think it’s worse than that. I think it’s the same three people who have created multiple identities.

Honestly, so creepy!!

Yes, this is my suspicion as well. The writing was similar for multiple logins.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    In the end, gentlemen, I went over there to read what and who they were... They truly sound obsessed and paranoid.

Their obsession with you @Benny really shows what this echo chamber is made up of...

Not to mention their political stuff. Wow.

There's weird QAnon-like crap going on over there. No thanks.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    echo wrote: »
    I sure hope there's a vaccine available against that. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I sure hope there's a vaccine available against that. :D

I doubt there's anything strong enough currently on the market.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 30 Posts: 2,931
    But in the end, the DCINB crew got to see CraigBond take a missile to the face. Why aren't they happy now? Oh, wait - they missed out on getting Cavill in DAD II, III and IV in the intervening years. Right, now I see...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Venutius
    You summed it up nicely. They want a pretty man to fall in love with at first sight who does the same things over and over again -- you know, those things Bond did in all those films that were never made but for one or two exceptions.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    No-Time-to-Die-1566.jpg
    Happy Easter / Prettig Pasen
    M_Balje wrote: »
    No-Time-to-Die-1566.jpg
    Happy Easter / Prettig Pasen

Hope you got some Marzipan Choclet Eggs for Easter, @M_Balje? ;)
    I am so tired of the coverage of Kate Middleton. And I'm not even in the UK.

Whatever press KM gets is not even in the same universe as America's pretend royal, who has hogged headlines daily ever since he first announced his political intentions.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I am so tired of the coverage of Kate Middleton. And I'm not even in the UK.

Whatever press KM gets is not even in the same universe as America's pretend royal, who has hogged headlines daily ever since he first announced his political intentions.

You mean this guy, right?

Recently, I had to call a locksmith for my door. I couldn't even lock it, something inside the lock was blocking it. He came, diagnosed the problem and repaired it, and changed the cylinder. And made me pay through the nose. 1001 € !!! Yikes ! Thankfully, I have a bit of money in case of emergencies like that, and frankly, beggars can't be choosers and all that, but still...Yikes !

Second : I see these past few days a lot of clips on YouTube about Godzilla x Kong : New Empire, some looking very spoilery. Of course, I haven't seen them, but neither have I seen the movie itself, which opens this wednesday in France. Can't people just abstain to post any spoilers until a few weeks after a movie starts its career ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited April 1 Posts: 23,553
    Gerard wrote: »
    Recently, I had to call a locksmith for my door. I couldn't even lock it, something inside the lock was blocking it. He came, diagnosed the problem and repaired it, and changed the cylinder. And made me pay through the nose. 1001 € !!! Yikes ! Thankfully, I have a bit of money in case of emergencies like that, and frankly, beggars can't be choosers and all that, but still...Yikes !

Second : I see these past few days a lot of clips on YouTube about Godzilla x Kong : New Empire, some looking very spoilery. Of course, I haven't seen them, but neither have I seen the movie itself, which opens this wednesday in France. Can't people just abstain to post any spoilers until a few weeks after a movie starts its career ?

A thousand euros for a lock? Did that locksmith have to drive to you from the other side of France? That cost is outrageous!

Not to mention their political stuff. Wow.

A thousand euros for a lock? Did that locksmith have to drive to you from the other side of France? That cost is outrageous!

At 1001 €, I hope he cooked dinner and slept over!

Agreed, that is a ridiculous price. I suppose some prices are "locked in" these days though. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Agreed, that is a ridiculous price. I suppose some prices are "locked in" these days though. ;)

I've had had that with a plumbing problem. They charge extra for the emergency, then for weekend and this guy probably counted the triple for Easter as well. And still it's a heck of a lot of money. I'd leave a raging review.

My trouble today is that on the way home the turbo of my car wouldn't work. So I wanted to pull up, but it's like pushing a reluctant donkey foreward instead of tapping a racehorse. Probably will cost quite a bit of money..
  • Recently watched LTK. Vastly underrated film I but one thing that still niggles is Felix’s cheerful disposition at end of film. His wife has been raped and murdered on his wedding day, he has been mangled by a shark, losing a leg in the process, and by films end he is proposing a fishing trip to Bond, laughing and smiling in his hospital be??!!
    Also, the annoying American detective investigating the attack on Felix smugly speculates that it was probably a chainsaw! The smile on his face as he says this still winds me up to this day. In a parallel version, Sharkey or Bond punch him in the face!
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Recently watched LTK. Vastly underrated film I but one thing that still niggles is Felix’s cheerful disposition at end of film. His wife has been raped and murdered on his wedding day, he has been mangled by a shark, losing a leg in the process, and by films end he is proposing a fishing trip to Bond, laughing and smiling in his hospital be??!!
    Yes, I've never really got past that one either. All these years later it still hits the wrong note, really badly. Misfire, dude.
    Recently watched LTK. Vastly underrated film I but one thing that still niggles is Felix’s cheerful disposition at end of film. His wife has been raped and murdered on his wedding day, he has been mangled by a shark, losing a leg in the process, and by films end he is proposing a fishing trip to Bond, laughing and smiling in his hospital be??!!
    Also, the annoying American detective investigating the attack on Felix smugly speculates that it was probably a chainsaw! The smile on his face as he says this still winds me up to this day. In a parallel version, Sharkey or Bond punch him in the face!

That’s how TV movies / TV shows used to end. Always a cheery epilogue.
    Another oddity - in OHMSS Bond makes whoopee with at least some of the ladies who are the intended non-knowing deliverers of doom...but, but, wasn't he already supposedly in love with Tracy ? OK for sure, does what he must for the mission but nnnnnaaahhhh cuz Tracy and he had a romantic montage, ok ? a MONTAGE !
    Since62 wrote: »
    Another oddity - in OHMSS Bond makes whoopee with at least some of the ladies who are the intended non-knowing deliverers of doom...but, but, wasn't he already supposedly in love with Tracy ? OK for sure, does what he must for the mission but nnnnnaaahhhh cuz Tracy and he had a romantic montage, ok ? a MONTAGE !

What can one say, apart from it's James Bond and Bond will be Bond?! 🤷

Ha, that was the '60s for ya. Also I truly think he falls in love with Tracy during the car chase after the ice rink.
    Various stories I read on Not Always Right makes me wonder : Do people in the US still learn what a dozen is ? Case in point (the most recent, but there are a lot of stories like that) :

https://notalwaysright.com/a-few-stamps-short-of-a-dozen/328819/

Note that being French, I have an unfair advantage over those cashiers, clerks, managers (Dozen comes from the fench Douzaine, which comes from the french Douze, which means Twelve), but still...

“What I did this evening was for King and country. You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?“

Ha, that was the '60s for ya. Also I truly think he falls in love with Tracy during the car chase after the ice rink.

An unmarried man sleeping around while in a relationship was not peculiar to the sixties.
    Here in the U.S., we have a history of married presidents doing the same thing.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited April 19 Posts: 3,391

It's on par with Bond playing and making fun of Blofeld before he had thrown him off the chimney, when he should be angry in that scene, right?
    Like that's the man that killed your wife and there he was patting him on the head and that "keep you head on".

What made it worse was the fact that it came short minutes after visiting his wife's grave, mourning her death and wearing that sad, contemplative face, then minutes after, there he was, smiling and patting the killer of his wife on his head.

For me, that's not the (normal) way to treat your wife's killer.

He's still not engaged with Tracy yet, when that scene happened, he's on the process of falling in love with her, and the skating rink and stock car race scene and that barn scene really sealed the deal for Bond and Tracy, that's when the engagement happened, he asked her to marry him.

I don't see any problem with it, yes, he's doing it because he's in the line of duty, Bond knows what he's doing for sure.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »

It's on par with Bond playing and making fun of Blofeld before he had thrown him off the chimney, when he should be angry in that scene, right?
    Like that's the man that killed your wife and there he was patting him on the head and that "keep you head on".

What made it worse was the fact that it came short minutes after visiting his wife's grave, mourning her death and wearing that sad, contemplative face, then minutes after, there he was, smiling and patting the killer of his wife on his head.

For me, that's not the (normal) way to treat your wife's killer.

I agree. What is interesting is David Hedison reprising his role after his debut in LALD. That was the film in which Felix should have suffered his injuries. A better Felix ending would be Bond learning that Felix is progressing well and hopes to make a comeback.
  • SIS_HQ wrote: »

He's still not engaged with Tracy yet, when that scene happened, he's on the process of falling in love with her, and the skating rink and stock car race scene and that barn scene really sealed the deal for Bond and Tracy, that's when the engagement happened, he asked her to marry him.

I don't see any problem with it, yes, he's doing it because he's in the line of duty, Bond knows what he's doing for sure.

Bond only gains one thing from Ruby: that is the hypnotism. Beyond that, there is no need for a revolving set of appointments with the other girls. That certainly degrades the love story aspect of the film
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This happened to me yesterday, whilst travelling for work...

i6xx07hp0k3x.jpg
    ewygm1ylwwvp.jpg

As I was driving down the Forrest Highway this morning I sadly hit a bird at 110kmh. (68mph)
    It wasn’t till I’d finished with my next customer that I realised the bird was stuck in the grill.
    I gently tried to pull the poor bird out with thoughts of where to dispose of its corpse.
    As I eventually got the thing out trying not to seperate the body from the head. I was even more surprised when the bird flew away!
    Bloody thing was still alive!
    It had been stuck there for about 45 minutes. Didn’t move when I was freeing it.
    Scared the living daylights out of me when it flew away.
    Happy to say my heart rate has gone back to normal, and I bought a lottery ticket on behalf of the bird.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Benny Glad the bird survived mate. Oh, and you too, of course.

For those who don't know, that is the laughing kookaburra, the largest kingfisher in the world!

That reminds me, I saved a bee today, from dying a slow death in an old cobweb. I used a tooth pick and tweezers to pick away the web while the bee squirmed in desperation in a jar lid. Was very careful not to squash the bees legs with the tweezers - it was damn close, like laser surgery! I was right up close to it. Picked off about 95% of the web before the little one started crawling around again confidently. Released it onto a blade of grass and it begun grooming itself. What I'm saying is, the birds and the bees live to die another day!
    edited April 20 Posts: 17,809
    I really wasn't expecting a happy ending to that story, @Benny! Glad the bird survived and lived to die another day. It must be counting its lucky stars!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The kookaburra got the last laugh scaring the shit out of Benny like that.