The NHL Thread

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I want one Boston team to lose a championship for once
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Eagles over Patriots in the 2017-18 Super Bowl. It came and left all too quickly though.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Please no. People say Boston wins this and that, but I don't care about football or baseball. Just hockey. This is the only one that matters to me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Artemis81 wrote: »
    Please no. People say Boston wins this and that, but I don't care about football or baseball. Just hockey. This is the only one that matters to me.

They played a great game @Artemis81 ; there's no quit in this team. Kudos to St. Louis and Boston: this is big boy hockey.

And Boston humiliated the home team last night.

I expect tomorrow night's game to be a tightrope back n forth between them. A slug-fest (figuratively and many many many hits); The Blues will come out hard.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Wow what a non call last night.
    Tell me about it, I was at the game. :-S However, I think Acciari shouldn't have quit on the play and that goal might not have happened. Aside from that, the Bruins looked flat and uncoordinated last night. The whole game was a tough watch for sure.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Tell me about it, I was at the game. :-S However, I think Acciari shouldn't have quit on the play and that goal might not have happened. Aside from that, the Bruins looked flat and uncoordinated last night. The whole game was a tough watch for sure.

Regardless I'm dreaming of the day I can go to a cup final game
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bad/non-calls have been the name of the game these playoffs. Really kills it all for me.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,126

@Artemis81 sorry if I offended you I'm just kind of an outsider to Boston. Really I'm only tired of their Football and Baseball teams.
    @Artemis81 sorry if I offended you I'm just kind of an outsider to Boston. Really I'm only tired of their Football and Baseball teams.
    Don't worry about it. It tough to hear sometimes, but if you had said that about the Patriots or Red Sox, I wouldn't have cared.
    It's really a fun experience. Just prepare to pay a lot of money.

Don't worry about it. It tough to hear sometimes, but if you had said that about the Patriots or Red Sox, I wouldn't have cared.
    It's really a fun experience. Just prepare to pay a lot of money.

@Artemis81 that is really cool you went where you sit and how much were the tickets? It be so awesome to go to a Cup final game.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 543
    @007Blofeld They were around $730/ea and that was balcony. @-) The view was good though:

20190606-202454.jpg

The best part is I got to see Kathryn Tappen, Patrick Sharp and Anson Carter outside the garden. Kathryn Tappen used to do all the NHL stuff here before she left for the NHL Network.

20190606-194911.jpg
    @007Blofeld They were around $730/ea and that was balcony. @-) The view was good though:

20190606-202454.jpg

The best part is I got to see Kathryn Tappen, Patrick Sharp and Anson Carter outside the garden. Kathryn Tappen used to do all the NHL stuff here before she left for the NHL Network.

20190606-194911.jpg

@Artemis81 Man that is so cool you headed back for Game 7 or are tickets sold out?
    It's a do or die game 7 Blues Bruins in Boston this should be fun and exciting. 😎
    Still think the Bruins will take it.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Still think the Bruins will take it.

I think so, too, but anything can happen in a game seven. It's sure to be exciting.
    @Artemis81 Man that is so cool you headed back for Game 7 or are tickets sold out?
    Probably not. When I checked prices during the 3rd period, they were already at $2000/ea. My plan was to go to a game when the cup would be in the building (was hoping for game 5), but I don't think I could take a game 7 - it would be too stressful. The NHL Alumni here are raffling 2 tickets for a Game 7 suite. Not hoping to win anything, but it's worth a shot.
    Probably not. When I checked prices during the 3rd period, they were already at $2000/ea. My plan was to go to a game when the cup would be in the building (was hoping for game 5), but I don't think I could take a game 7 - it would be too stressful. The NHL Alumni here are raffling 2 tickets for a Game 7 suite. Not hoping to win anything, but it's worth a shot.

Pffh here in Florida, a game 7 ticket would be free with a purchase of a Slurpee at 7-11.

I joke, but they have done some crazy crap like 5 years ago to get people to go.

@Artemis81 wow 2,000 yeah Game 7 could be either a dream or a nightmare literally.

Pffh here in Florida, a game 7 ticket would be free with a purchase of a Slurpee at 7-11.

I joke, but they have done some crazy crap like 5 years ago to get people to go.

@Last_Rat_Standing I hear at the Ray's ballpark they have bad attendance even though they have had some good teams. I suppose people don't want to sit inside when your in Florida because well the weather is nice and warm.

@Last_Rat_Standing I hear at the Ray's ballpark they have bad attendance even though they have had some good teams. I suppose people don't want to sit inside when your in Florida because well the weather is nice and warm.

I don't understand the Rays. They're a first place team with the second lowest attendance. However, similar to the Panthers, its the location of its stadium. Panthers arena is next to the everglades with no public transport access and its a solid hour from Lauderdale/Miami with traffic. People struggle to go and coupled with the team being mediocre to bad for most of the existence its a struggle to get people in seats. Back in like 2013, they were giving free tickets to those who bought a $10 lottery ticket and didn't win, as long as you provided the losing ticket at the box office the day of. Hopefully with Queneville, the ship will be righted.

I try to go to at least 4-5 games per year and was going for free for the past 3 seasons since my brother in law was a ticket rep for the Panthers and he would give me his lower bowl allotment for any game i wanted.

I don't understand the Rays. They're a first place team with the second lowest attendance. However, similar to the Panthers, its the location of its stadium. Panthers arena is next to the everglades with no public transport access and its a solid hour from Lauderdale/Miami with traffic. People struggle to go and coupled with the team being mediocre to bad for most of the existence its a struggle to get people in seats. Back in like 2013, they were giving free tickets to those who bought a $10 lottery ticket and didn't win, as long as you provided the losing ticket at the box office the day of. Hopefully with Queneville, the ship will be righted.

I try to go to at least 4-5 games per year and was going for free for the past 3 seasons since my brother in law was a ticket rep for the Panthers and he would give me his lower bowl allotment for any game i wanted.

@Last_Rat_Standing ok wow that is nice that you could basically just walk in going to the X up here. you have to be a a billionaire for just to get standing room or up high and the jerseys are like 200 bucks and they aren't even authentic. I think even the worst seat was like almost 100 or more.

@Last_Rat_Standing ok wow that is nice that you could basically just walk in going to the X up here. you have to be a a billionaire for just to get standing room or up high and the jerseys are like 200 bucks and they aren't even authentic. I think even the worst seat was like almost 100 or more.

Hell in the 2012 playoffs I bought 4 upper levels seats for 100 total

Hell in the 2012 playoffs I bought 4 upper levels seats for 100 total

@Last_Rat_Standing wow that's a bargain 😊 up here that be one ticket
    Who does everyone got Bruins winning the cup or the Blues
    Who does everyone got Bruins winning the cup or the Blues

So tough to say - game seven, it's anyone's to win. I'll be in the minority that's rooting for the Bruins, though. Just noticed Backes got healthy scratched for tonight; really going to suck for him, in a sense, if he has to watch the boys lift the Cup from the press box.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the only team to have won a Cup in the modern era, with NO players on the team to have ever won a Cup prior, was the '89 Calgary Flames.

There's a reason for this, so if St. Louis pulls it off, it'll be a miracle.

But, I'll stick to my guns, no matter what logic is telling me, and say: Blues take it.
    I’m sticking with the Bruins for my pick. Nothing would really surprise me though.
    Congratulations Blues. You proved me wrong and made Boston lose. +1
    Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues for being Stanley Cup Champions for the first time.