CLOSED

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Death toll is up to ten now (nine students, one teacher) and a possible accomplice has been arrested. Terrible.
    Well, the US Army has decided to do something about the situation, it seems. Too bad it was at the wrong school :

cbs4local.com/news/local/helicopter-dropped-box-of-ammunition-over-parkland-elementary-causing-outage

Isn't that a bit like sending coal to Newcastle ?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,696
    I don't know who he is, but what's the communist part?

EDIT: OK, I stumbled across the name now, and I hereby think that Trump should immediately expel everybody with Greek roots (bad hombres, or something) from the U.S., but still.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Can someone please update the thread title?
    Updated.

There's been a plane crash during takeoff at an airport in Havana, Cuba, with over 100 people onboard, too. What a day.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Updated.

There's been a plane crash during takeoff at an airport in Havana, Cuba, with over 100 people onboard, too. What a day.

Thanks. There is also a thread on aircraft accidents and incidents that may be better suited to the Cuban crash...until we find it's part of some conspiracy or the pilot was an islamist or NRA member.
    We know Trumps solution arm everybody the last person standing can be called the hero.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SaintMark wrote: »
    We know Trumps solution arm everybody the last person standing can be called the hero.

You lefties always blame the tool more than the nutjob wielding it! A guy uses a perfectly legal gun to kill a bunch of kids and that's bad, but a guy using a perfectly legal ax or screwdriver gets a total pass for some reason. Except that... y'know... okay... yeah.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,503
    good Dog... and there were ppl on this site that wanted us to collectively "give Trump a chance"...

Please wipe my stained bottom with thoughts and prayers-- thoughts and prayers (code-word: inaction/afraid of confronting the NRA) are getting kids killed.

I gotta believe that those that wanted Trump to "have a chance" don't have a wife or kids. They sit in front of their big TVs, watch movies and clap their hands together when they see something they never saw before, and play video games-- and wax poetic about it...

Gimme a f***ing break.

Give me more Childish Gambino since he makes more sense than the 45th and those that asked to give the Orange Idiot a chance...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2018 Posts: 4,554
    chrisisall wrote: »

You lefties always blame the tool more than the nutjob wielding it! A guy uses a perfectly legal gun to kill a bunch of kids and that's bad, but a guy using a perfectly legal ax or screwdriver gets a total pass for some reason. Except that... y'know... okay... yeah.

The “tool” in this case is designed to do what it did. The technology and money and effort is all put into making a gun easier to use, more accurate, more deadly. It is the only product in the history of the human race designed and manufactured to do what it did today.
    TripAces wrote: »

The “tool” in this case is designed to do what it did. The technology and money and effort is all put into making a gun easier to use, more accurate, more deadly. It is the only product in the history of the human race designed and manufactured to do what it did today.

Yes, I was playing American Rightie dumass there. Your response was spot on.
    peter wrote: »
    good Dog... and there were ppl on this site that wanted us to collectively "give Trump a chance"...
    Do not judge a-holes severely lest you have never been an a-hole your own self. Trump seemed like a fine choice to those without the psychological means to understand fascism.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Do not judge a-holes severely lest you have never been an a-hole your own self. Trump seemed like a fine choice to those without the psychological means to understand fascism.

Ha!!

Oh, I've been an a-hole, @chrisisall, just not to the degree that the Orange Monster depicts as assholism... He calls everything fake... Yet his marriage is fake. His beliefs are fake (he was a huge supporter of the Clintons). Everything he says is fake....

Like I think you said before, and I have to give a nod too-- you wanna give Trump a chance? Then you may be slightly unhinged (I'm paraphrasing)...
    Hatred here, hatred there. No wonder why kids are shooting schools up.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Kids will always be confused, and perhaps angry, @JamesStock. When they have readily available guns, they can act on their confusion.

How many deaths by guns in America, with no strict gun-control?

How many deaths by guns in Canada, with gun control?

In England?

Australia?

Tragic occurrences will always happen. But, gun control (which is far from banning gun ownership-- as the NRA would like us all to believe), is successful.

Period.
    @peter Are you making assumptions as to what my beliefs are? I believe I said nothing about my thoughts on weaponry or how to manage it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No assumptions. Just frustration that this has happened again.
    All of these random shooters come into the headlines and then quickly fade away as the next horrific incident happens, but do we ever get to hear what drives them to do this?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Please wipe my stained bottom with thoughts and prayers-- thoughts and prayers (code-word: inaction/afraid of confronting the NRA) are getting kids killed.

I gotta believe that those that wanted Trump to "have a chance" don't have a wife or kids. They sit in front of their big TVs, watch movies and clap their hands together when they see something they never saw before, and play video games-- and wax poetic about it...

Gimme a f***ing break.

Give me more Childish Gambino since he makes more sense than the 45th and those that asked to give the Orange Idiot a chance...
    Not sure how it’s all Trump’s fault? Did Americans have no access to guns before he took office? Did he psss some new law giving out free guns outside school gates?

These shootings are happening with just the same regularity as under Obama who was just as supine at sorting it out.

The bottom line is Americans put gun ownership over their kids safety. That’s not any particular president’s fault but the society he is elected to serve.

The only difference between them is one president has brought North Korea to the negotiating table and is heading for a Nobel peace prize and one hasn’t.

Just saying.
    Bullsh#t Wizard, He has not brought the Korea to the table at all but claims to do so and has created the ground for another war in the middle-east. What Nobel-prize is that, for the biggest dunbass?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Nobel Peace Prize is supposed to go to someone who reduces their military forces, arranges peace congresses or contribute to peace between nations. This is hardly ever followed by the ridiculous Nobel Committee.

Nominations have to be in within February 1st, so when Obama won in 2017, he had been president for ten days at the most when nominated.
    Nominations have to be in within February 1st, so when Obama won in 2017, he had been president for ten days at the most when nominated.
    Obama won in 2009, but you're right. At the time, it was enough to be the person that came after the war-mongering Cheney/Wolfowitz (and W) ilk.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Obama won in 2009, but you're right. At the time, it was enough to be the person that came after the war-mongering Cheney/Wolfowitz (and W) ilk.

Yes, I meant 2009 of course.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

What is it with Republicans and constructions? This one wants "fewer doors" in schools... and that demented fart in the White House wants to build his wall. Such smart thinking in 2018. Unbelievable.
    The funny thing to me is that Trump thinks building the wall equates to illegal immigration and the flow of drugs immediately ceasing, which simply isn't the case whatsoever.

• These shootings are happening with just the same regularity as under Obama who was just as supine at sorting it out.

Um....no. Check this fairly exhaustive list of school shootings in the USA:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

Not that I'm disputing the basic point that school shootings occurred during Obama's administration, too -- far from it -- but the figures indicate that the regularity and impact of the incidents has increased substantially under Trump. By my eyeball count, under 8 years of the Obama administration, 136 incidents occurred with 192 deaths, or 17 incidents per year with 24 fatalities in each year. In the 1 year and 4.5 months (roughly) of the Trump administration so far, we have seen 30 incidents and 85 fatalities. At this rate, a full eight years of Trump would yield something along the lines of 200 incidents and more than 600 deaths. Please note that this is JUST school related incidents, not all-encompassing, everything that takes place everywhere in the USA events.
    Progressives are so good at using facts to manipulate opinion. The Alters manipulate facts to manipulate opinion. It's far easier to just make s**t up than have to research... ;)
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 616
    Progressives are so good at using facts to manipulate opinion.

It's just unfortunate that they're so aggressive and obnoxious, they'll inadvertently hand Trump a second term.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2018 Posts: 4,554
    vzok wrote: »
    All of these random shooters come into the headlines and then quickly fade away as the next horrific incident happens, but do we ever get to hear what drives them to do this?

Most of these shooters are white male, right-wing extremists, including the Las Vegas gunman. Go back to 1995: the Oklahoma bombing, the worst act of domestic terrorism in this country, was launched by a right-wing nutjob with hatred of the U.S. government.

Here is right-wing lunacy at its fullest:

Only in America.

Now, could you imagine Chris Rock, on stage, with a gun, screaming, "Hey Trump, suck on one of these?" he might, but he'd be detained the next day. ask Kathy Griffin how that freedom of speech stuff works for those on the Left?

This may be the only country in the history of human kind in which the "haves" think of themselves as victims and want to revolt...against the poor, the disenfranchised, the neglected. It truly is a sight to behold.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Gimme a f***ing break.

Not sure how it’s all Trump’s fault? Did Americans have no access to guns before he took office? Did he psss some new law giving out free guns outside school gates?

These shootings are happening with just the same regularity as under Obama who was just as supine at sorting it out.

The bottom line is Americans put gun ownership over their kids safety. That’s not any particular president’s fault but the society he is elected to serve.

The only difference between them is one president has brought North Korea to the negotiating table and is heading for a Nobel peace prize and one hasn’t.

Just saying.

hahahahahahaha.... oh, wait, this wasn't a joke? Like how Obama tried to put in gun control but was blocked by the Republican majority in congress? Like, that Obama? And let's see what gun control Trump started out with, with his Republican majority's congress:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

right, revoking anything Obama, including mental illness checks on gun-buyers. In other words, he wants idiots to walk around with guns!

So even if this school shooter turns out to be mentally ill. Remember kids, that's just policy......

good things the kids can't remember anything, as they've just been shot.

Oh, and you think that he's getting the peace prize for getting NK at the table while saying Iran should persue a nuclear weapon immediately?

Anyway, let's see what happens at that summit. If they like eachother, that's good. If those ego's clash.........
This discussion has been closed.