CLOSED

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I wonder what platitudes Justin Trudeau will say about this.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and go with 'Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,490
    @peter, glad to hear you're alright. Terrible to read, what a senseless act of violence.

Just saw they caught the Waffle House shooter, too. Good.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thanks @Creasy47 — had to call my Mum right away, it’s right in her neighbourhood... when it hits close to home, it brings out the old cliches about enjoying each day ‘cause you don’t know when your ticket’s going to be punched- out.

And it certainly brings up waves of anger at the senselessness of it all.
  • peterpeter Toronto
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Usually I say to people, Toronto is a beautiful city made up of beautiful people who have come to live here from everywhere on this planet; we have top-end restaurants that are starting to be recognized globally; we're culturally diverse with great arts and theatre. We're economically sound and we're charitable...

This is a sad day-- whether this idiot belongs to a death cult, or if he was inspired by one, or he was just crazy, and off his meds. He put a stain on us through mass murder, and has given other like-minded individuals the gumption to give their kamikaze missions a go.

That's a piss-off.

On such a beautiful and sunny day, this is indeed a cloudy, melancholic and angry one, where adults and children were robbed of everything life has to offer. Because of one.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected in Toronto by yet another mindless act.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I wonder what platitudes Justin Trudeau will say about this.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and go with 'Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.'

He didn't say prayers. But he said thoughts.
  • According to this report, the Toronto van killer considered himself an "Incel" (involuntary celibate) who was set on "overthrowing" all the "Chads and Stacys" (men who were successful with women and women who rejected his advances.) I'm not sure how this falls on the "world events" continuum but there you have it. The revenge of the socially inept I guess...
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/04/24/toronto-van-attack-suspect-posted-about-calif-killing-spree/23419278/
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Christ. A chap who was unsuccessful with the women. I'm surprised there is not more of this type of thing.
  • There probably will be now. At least he's not trying to take over the world because his father asked him to be nice to an adoptive "brother."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If the Chad & Stacys join forces with the IS we are truly doomed.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Confirmation from the Presidents of South Korea and North Korea that a peace treaty will be signed, thus officially ending the Korean war which started in 1950.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/27/asia/korean-summit-intl/index.html
    Confirmation from the President of South Korea and North Korea that a peace treaty will be signed, thus officially ending the Korean war which started in 1950.

Hilarious - surely a Nobel peace prize for Trump then!!! Oh dear that doesn't quite fit in with the liberal left's narrative now does it? Only a year in the job and he's sorted North Korea!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Confirmation from the President of South Korea and North Korea that a peace treaty will be signed, thus officially ending the Korean war which started in 1950.

Hilarious - surely a Nobel peace prize for Trump then!!! Oh dear that doesn't quite fit in with the liberal left's narrative now does it? Only a year in the job and he's sorted North Korea!

And yet there will still be tens of thousands out on the streets waving placards at Trump when he visits Britain, because he patted a woman's arse in 1989.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,691
    The problem with Trump is not that he's Republican, because he's not- he's a POS. No, Trump is neither Left nor Right, he's a tool of Corporate fascism. If you don't see what changes he has been making to our freedom of the press and social safety nets, and his war on women and innocent children of illegal immigrants over here then you need to find out more. If you DO see it and approve then maybe y'all should just go ahead and change your avatars to swastikas. SMDH
    Edit: And oh yeah, Don's a crook too. No, not like Hillary- she's small-time. She's a pickpocket to his grand theft auto. Watch the fun when Mueller is done.
    And okay, I'll give you Korea as Trump win on his watch... the stakes were high but the roll came up in everyone's favour.
  • I'd credit the Olympics with L'il Kim's emergence from his shell. For a brief moment, he was no longer treated as a pariah by the majority of the civilized world -- and he decided he kinda liked it. We'll see if this new direction holds. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. That's for the future to tell. Peace is a good thing, regardless of who gets the "credit."
  • RC7RC7
    I'd credit the Olympics with L'il Kim's emergence from his shell. For a brief moment, he was no longer treated as a pariah by the majority of the civilized world -- and he decided he kinda liked it. We'll see if this new direction holds. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. That's for the future to tell. Peace is a good thing, regardless of who gets the "credit."

Kim has played a blinder.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    I'd credit the Olympics with L'il Kim's emergence from his shell. For a brief moment, he was no longer treated as a pariah by the majority of the civilized world -- and he decided he kinda liked it. We'll see if this new direction holds. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. That's for the future to tell. Peace is a good thing, regardless of who gets the "credit."

There's some slang I've never heard before. Elucidate, please.
    RC7 wrote: »

Herbert.
  • RC7RC7

He exacerbated a strained relationship and took it to breaking point, knowing he held all the chips. When the time was right he stepped forward as the White Knight. In other words he played it very well.

He exacerbated a strained relationship and took it to breaking point, knowing he held all the chips. When the time was right he stepped forward as the White Knight. In other words he played it very well.
    Or when faced with someone more unhinged than he is, and with bigger bombs, he lost his arsehole and came grovelling for peace.

I think it's a bit much painting him as Kasparov.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,691

Or when faced with someone more unhinged than he is, and with bigger bombs, he lost his arsehole and came grovelling for peace.

As with most things, there's no one answer but more probably an additive effect of many pressures and considerations. Yes, Trump being a bigger anus than he one of them. ;)
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 3,564
    chrisisall wrote: »

As with most things, there's no one answer but more probably an additive effect of many pressures and considerations. Yes, Trump being a bigger anus than he one of them. ;)

I'm not quite sure that Trump really won the "I'm the craziest mofo on the block" competition here. The revelation that North Korea's nuclear test site has been rendered unusable for further tests certainly puts a different spin on the question of Kim's motivations in this matter. As @chrisisall notes, there are probably several motivating factors at work.
    I'm not quite sure that Trump really won the "I'm the craziest mofo on the block" competition here.
    I have met the enemy, and he is... ME. Okay. Let Don have it. I gots bigger fish to fry! Peace! HERO time! They'll love me... they'll REALLY LOVE ME!*

*apologies to Sally Field here

Amber Rudd gone.

Can someone explain to me why it's only politicians who get to resign when they f**k up? Well them and Arsene Wenger. The rest of us get sacked.

Also it always pisses me off that ministers only actually just resign from being a minister. They never resign in the conventional sense of the word in that they no longer have a job. She'll be sat on the back benches still on the gravy train tomorrow.
    AAwwFvz.img?h=410&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

This just in via Sky News :

A double suicide bombing has killed at least 25 people in central Kabul, Afghan officials have said.

At least 45 other people were injured after the coordinated attacks in the Shash Darek area, which is home to the NATO headquarters and a number of embassies.

The first bomb was detonated by an assailant on a motorcycle and left at least four dead and five injured, according to the interior ministry.

AAwwIed.img?h=410&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=599&y=269

The second explosion was meant to hit those rushing to the scene of the attack, including reporters, officials said.

A police spokesman told AFP the second bomber had disguised himself as a journalist. He detonated his explosives while still among the reporters, the spokesman said, intentionally targeting journalists.

AFP reported that their chief photographer in Kabul, Shah Marai, was among those killed.

Sediqullah Tawhidi, an official from the Afghan Journalist Safety Committee, said a cameraman from the local Tolo TV channel also died.

No one has said so far it was behind the attack. But both the Taliban and Islamic State are active in the city and have previously carried out attacks there.

Kabul chief of police Dawood Amin said the area that was targeted, which includes many foreign offices, was quickly sealed off.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The shitbag who ran over people in Stockholm last year is now on trial and will get his sentence June 7th.
    The shitbag who ran over people in Stockholm last year is now on trial and will get his sentence June 7th.

If he is sentenced what do you think he will get ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »

If he is sentenced what do you think he will get ?

No idea. According to another shitbag, Macron, it is our fault that he ran over those people including a 12 year old girl. Because we discriminate.
This discussion has been closed.