CLOSED

Comments

chrisisall wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Well that is terrorism at its worst, you never know when a nutbag will attack you with an household item. That is unstoppable and real terror.

I am a pacifist. I do not believe in violence. I grew up watching the TV series Kung Fu. Then I learned Kung Fu in schools. I can deal with household items. That's not terror for me- it's a major interruption in my day and a few stitches in my arms and/or hands and a few days off work. But that just may be me...

But they can touch your friends, their children, with this current wave of attacks with cars, and other everyday stuff anybody can murder. And you Kung Fu is no match really only perhaps for yourself.

It seems you are missing the point in the recent terror attacks they create uncertainty as it is no longer guns or bombs. It makes them terrorist harder to find so easily.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Well that is terrorism at its worst, you never know when a nutbag will attack you with an household item. That is unstoppable and real terror.

I am a pacifist. I do not believe in violence. I grew up watching the TV series Kung Fu. Then I learned Kung Fu in schools. I can deal with household items. That's not terror for me- it's a major interruption in my day and a few stitches in my arms and/or hands and a few days off work. But that just may be me...

But they can touch your friends, their children, with this current wave of attacks with cars, and other everyday stuff anybody can murder. And you Kung Fu is no match really only perhaps for yourself.

It seems you are missing the point in the recent terror attacks they create uncertainty as it is no longer guns or bombs. It makes them terrorist harder to find so easily.

My point is that guns and bombs are big time. There is little in the way of defending yourself from a blast. I'd MUCH rather face a car or a knife.
    Looks like the opening of the US Bethlehem Embassy is causing problems already.

9 Palestinians shot dead by Israeli troops there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    barryt007 wrote: »

They should start thinking twice about throwing Molotov cocktails at the Israelis. What the hell do they expect?
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 19,339
    DELETED.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    jake24 wrote: »

They should start thinking twice about throwing Molotov cocktails at the Israelis. What the hell do they expect?

Oh I don't know, martyrdom? It's not like Israel is really giving them an opportunity to live their lives (nor are ther Arabian 'friends', but that's another matter). Interesting to see that one would consider these people 'stupid' whilst heralding unarmed victims of gunmen who take a chance and beat those.
    These riots were to be expected with this new Embassy so ordained by the US government and the Israel's will always shoot even at unarmed people. The Israeli Justice system recently cleared one after shooting an unarmed person. Which was really obnoxious. But then again the US system is also know for letting cops who kill unarmed citizens of the hook.

This whole embassy thing is the design of the US hawks who clearly want another war in order for the US military to spend billions more on war instead of on infrastructure.

I wonder what you would do if another people would accopy a part of your land, and then slowly expand their territory, steadilu claiming more land to be theirs, force you and your faimly away from your home. And that with the economic, military backing and support of a western superpower and the rest of the world wilfully standing by and letting them do as they please. Violence is never the solution, but I would sure be tempted to opt for desperate messures in such a situation...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jobo wrote: »

I wonder what you would do if another people would accopy a part of your land, and then slowly expand their territory, steadilu claiming more land to be theirs, force you and your faimly away from your home. And that with the economic, military backing and support of a western superpower and the rest of the world wilfully standing by and letting them do as they please. Violence is never the solution, but I would sure be tempted to opt for desperate messures in such a situation...

Come with me to Brussels and set fire on a few things, then.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Depends who you ask, surely.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 7,500

Depends who you ask, surely.

Not really:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/mapstellstory.html

The Jewish population of the area in 1947 was at around 30%. A decade before it was as little as around 20%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_history_of_Palestine_(region)

That is interestingly not much more than the percentage of Latinos in the US. Now imagine if some foreign state just declared that the Hispanic Americans should have their own country, giving them a large chunk of land insode US territory? I imagine they would wilfully go along with it, right?

Now imagine this new state systematically increased their territory pushing the US into a thin line towards the Canadian border. Sounds fair, doesn't it?

There is no real debate to be had who the opressor is in this case, unless you pray to the gospel that the area is given to the jews by god?
    Let me know how that works out.
    These riots were to be expected with this new Embassy so ordained by the US government and the Israel's will always shoot even at unarmed people. The Israeli Justice system recently cleared one after shooting an unarmed person. Which was really obnoxious. But then again the US system is also know for letting cops who kill unarmed citizens of the hook.

This whole embassy thing is the design of the US hawks who clearly want another war in order for the US military to spend billions more on war instead of on infrastructure.

^THIS^
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This administration isn't even waiting for another war for them to spend as much on military spending as they can. Still waiting on that infrastructure week!
    The US spends more on its military than the rest of the planet put together. This tells you it has an important role as someone s goons.
    Up to 50 killed now according to health officials,reports the Washington Post.
    Up to 50 killed now according to health officials,reports the Washington Post.

As long as thee are people that think it is right that unarmed people get shot there is no hope, ribber bullets would be an option before shooting. But then again my society is not riddled by guns and ammo.
    Talk about uncomfortable viewing, On one side of the split screen was what was happening on the border between Gaza and Israel, and on the other side was the US Embassy opening ceremony. The contrast was just incredible!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Talk about uncomfortable viewing, On one side of the split screen was what was happening on the border between Gaza and Israel, and on the other side was the US Embassy opening ceremony. The contrast was just incredible!
    And a mere 40 miles apart...
    Multiple fatalities reported at a shooting at a high school in Texas; suspect now in custody:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/active-shooter-incident-santa-fe-high-school-texas-141104621--abc-news-topstories.html
    From this :

https://nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-high-school-lockdown-amid-reports-active-shooter-n875341
    While the drama was unfolding, a flag-toting man wearing a Make America Great cap and a pistol by his side suddenly appeared outside the school. He was immediately stopped by police.

"This idiot is walking down the street with a pistol by his side," one outraged man told the local affiliate. "I believe in the second amendment. But this is a crime scene... this is a slap in the face."

Really ?
    Third school shooting this week here in the States. Total insanity, but it's never going to stop. As usual, we'll offer some BS thoughts/prayers/love/support, mourn and discuss it for a day or two, discuss what made the shooter snap and do what they did for a couple of days, have a few memorials and perhaps a highly-publicized school walkout, and then it's back to business as usual (i.e. more school shootings).
    Make America great again, with a school shooting?
    This administration really doesn't care for these shootings unless it's a brown person doing said shooting, so they can more easily blame terrorists and Trump has more of an excuse to tout why we need that border wall so bad.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This administration really doesn't care for these shootings unless it's a brown person doing said shooting, so they can more easily blame terrorists and Trump has more of an excuse to tout why we need that border wall so bad.

Yep.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Any thoughts and prayers yet?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've noticed how some are watching the "thoughts and prayers" crap and are now only saying, "my/our heart(s) goes out to the victims and their families." It's still more B.S.
    No prayers for the perpetrator? He needs it the most.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Don't forget about the NRA. They'll need prayers so they can continue to sell fully automatic weapons to citizens.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 45,489
    Ddf3K_MVQAAxuBJ.jpg:large

Dimitrios Pagourtzis is apparently both a communist and a nazi judging by the insignia on his clothes.
This discussion has been closed.