CLOSED

Comments

• Escalus5 wrote: »
    And if he is impeached, then Pence becomes president

If he's impeached and convicted (or he resigns), then Pence becomes president.

I mention this only because it seems like a significant portion of the American public -- at least, on social media -- don't understand the meaning of the word "impeach" and assume it's synonymous with "remove." These are usually the same clowns who think that Nixon was impeached.

Rant over.

It may well be that the Democrats' best course is for Trump to be standing in place for the next two years, with them sending their best punches his way, and everybody watching to see how well he can perform the Muhammad Ali "rope-a-dope." With the subpoena power of the House committees now in their hands, the Dems will striving to alert the American public to the truth of the Trump family's financial crimes. Mueller's investigation is about to release some more indictments, so we'll see what the future holds -- but one way or another, Trump can't be happy with the way things are going at this point in time.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Escalus5 wrote: »

I mention this only because it seems like a significant portion of the American public -- at least, on social media -- don't understand the meaning of the word "impeach" and assume it's synonymous with "remove." These are usually the same clowns who think that Nixon was impeached.

Rant over.

Correct sir! But convicted he will be. By enough to remove him from office, at least.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited November 2018 Posts: 4,422
    chrisisall wrote: »

Rant over.

Correct sir! But convicted he will be. By enough to remove him from office, at least.

I totally just read that in Yoda's voice.

Convicted he will be. President no more he is.

Personally I couldn't care less. Above my pay grade.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    chrisisall wrote: »

Rant over.

That, I'm afraid, seems unlikely, as the House may start an impeachment, it's the senate that decides with a 2/3rd majority. In other words, Trump's here to stay until at least 2020. And you'll have more conservative judges for the (long) future.

And as it stands now the Republicans still have a majority in Congress, allthough this may change with further voting results.

btw I love the fact there's actually an Underwood running. Perhaps the next democratic Ppresident? ;-)
    Sessions just resigned. Trump is acting up. Scared is he.
    Is a POTUS automatically ejected if treason can be proven? Or if he's convicted of tax evasion? Hmmmm....
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Wow, he's definately going to end the Mueller probe without burning his own hands. Probably too late though.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2018 Posts: 12,459
    We can bet Mueller has been well prepared for all avenues Trump could think of, including Sessions "resigning" at Trump's request. There is no date on Sessions' letter.

I am confident Mueller has more than one back-up plan, so to speak. It will be bumpy coming up, and perhaps look like things are going to stall, but I am not worried overall. The Mueller investigation will continue.

• I anticipate indictments by the end of the week. DJT Jr? Roger Stone? Jared? Perhaps the entire Troika...
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Once again, millions of Americans voted against their best interest (many minorities voting for Republicans, many working class white people voting for Democrats, etc). When will people finally educate themselves?

Umm, that's in their interest.
  • echo wrote: »
    Once again, millions of Americans voted against their best interest (many minorities voting for Republicans, many working class white people voting for Democrats, etc). When will people finally educate themselves?

Umm, that's in their interest.

Ssssssh. Some people will never understand...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    With Trump pushing out Sessions and Rosenstein being called to the WH, on top of the questionable timing of all of this, I won't be surprised if Mueller's gone soon. Wouldn't put anything past this administration, especially now with Dems controlling the House.
    They cannot get rid of Mueller that easily, no. Trump will try, sure. But I am confident he cannot do it easily or legally. I believe we have enough push back now for this to be handled; no matter what he tries. I think he will try everything; he does not care if Constitutionally correct at all.

• edited November 2018 Posts: 3,564
    Trump clearly does not care about the laws, he obviously believes that he is a law unto himself. It's up to the rest of America at this point to emphasize the results of the elections: We The People are not ruled by a dictator and it's time for the True Enemy of the People to realize this fact.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @4EverBonded, but they can, it's literally as simple as the acting AG shutting the investigation down if he so desires.
    Trump has a truly special talent when it comes to acting guilty. I think I'd call it the "art of the guilty plea"

Please educate me on why working class Americans should vote Republican? I would be fascinated to hear your reasoning...
    If this investigation is shut, a new one can be started and incoporate all of Mueller's material. Don't jump on that and say of course all will be shut down, any new efforts. I am simply saying I understand it will get ugly and yes, Trump will try to shut it down completely. Even if that happens, it will not remain "dead". All of it will not go away. Worst case is he is in office till 2020. But the evidence and case that is being built will not turn into dust, no matter what. That's what I believe anyway.
  • I'm pretty sure this genie can't be wished back into its bottle. Not even by such a dedicated fantasist as Trump. Do you think that Mueller has toiled in the federal fields for all these years without learning how to cover his own ass in case of an emergency? I suspect he already had a plan in place for this eventuality...
    If this investigation is shut, a new one can be started and incoporate all of Mueller's material. Don't jump on that and say of course all will be shut down, any new efforts. I am simply saying I understand it will get ugly and yes, Trump will try to shut it down completely. Even if that happens, it will not remain "dead". All of it will not go away. Worst case is he is in office till 2020. But the evidence and case that is being built will not turn into dust, no matter what. That's what I believe anyway.

Fire Mueller and House Dems will call for a new investigation, on which Mueller will be an adviser. It's almost done, and the hammer just needs to fall on them.

That's correct, and that is why yesterday's election of the opposition party to the House was critical. The Democrats will have subpoena power in January and then it's all over. In the meantime, it's not like Trump can order the destruction of Mueller's documents.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    jobo wrote: »

Please educate me on why working class Americans should vote Republican? I would be fascinated to hear your reasoning...

Same for minorities that should vote Democrat to fit the narrative.

• jobo wrote: »

Minorities should vote Democratic simply because the Republicans have been working strenuously to suppress the minority vote for decades now.

Minorities should vote Democratic simply because the Republicans have been working strenuously to suppress the minority vote for decades now.

That, and the Reps (ever since Reagan) have been representing the interests of big business over the well being of the average American. Not to mention the Military Industrial Complex (which so-called 'centrist' Dems have as well). Getting rich off politics is not what's supposed to happen; representing the best interests of the people was the plan. Sort of.

People have the right to vote however they want. Im half Hispanic, does that mean I needed to vote Democrat?
  • jobo wrote: »

People have the right to vote however they want. Im half Hispanic, does that mean I needed to vote Democrat?

Yes indeed, you have every right to vote however you like. I would also hope that you educate yourself, and vote in favor of policies that will benefit you rather than hurt you. That stipulated: would you really want to vote in favor of someone who has been actively trying to PREVENT YOU from voting for decades now?

No, you can vote for whomever you wish. But if you voted for Republican rather than Democratic candidates, you voted against your interests as a person of color.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2016/10/11/latinos-and-the-political-parties/

No. No more than you need to flush the toilet after taking a dump. It's all personal preference.
    Attorneys General ... important and will be helpful.

AND this is no small thing ...
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 7,500

No. Of course you are free to vote against your own interests and in favør of others if you so wish...
    Active shooter is happening now ...
    Thousand Oaks, Calif. - shooter is NOT yet apprehended. If near that area (near Borderline Bar & Grill), please be extremely careful - avoid this area.

UPDATE: Shooter is perhaps still in that bar/restaurant. There are fatalities.
This discussion has been closed.