CLOSED

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    "May has wrecked Brexit".

Oh good lord.... I agree with something Trump has said. Help me! Last time I checked, I had Welsh/English/Belgian ancestry, and not an ounce of Russian in there.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, he may have an entirely different concept on her and Brexit.
    But he will keep pushing things his way, for sure.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Couldn't be any worse than how May has fumbled the Brexit "negotiations".
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Quite. Maybe we should check into the nearest asylum after agreeing with something that Trump has said?
  • Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And BTW, where's all the Brexit chatter on this forum? You guys have been mighty quiet recently....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    There's not going to be a Brexit ! The re-mainers and corrupt government have seen to that. I feel betrayed by our political elite. Democracy is dead in Britain. The people voted to leave. The politicians didn't want to, so we stay, under a different name obviously but still keeping all the regulations, laws, etc.
    I for one will never vote again, there is simply
    No Point !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It was the same here. People voted no to the EU twice, but they snuck us into the EEA without debate.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Putin is no doubt rubbing his hands with glee as Mango Mussolini demeans & undermines NATO.

Trump is an ignoramus and a true embarrassment to my country.
    National Public Radio (NPR) -- a respected, highly reputable U.S. news organization -- recently did a story from a factory in Wales, where wings for Airbus aircraft are assembled. (The fuselage & other components are made on the continent.)

The factory manager stated that if Brexit is actually implemented, the factory will shut down... The wings will be made in France.

Reminds me of those American soybean farmers who voted for Trump... and who are now gobsmacked that China has cancelled its orders for U.S. soybeans in retaliation for Trump's tariffs.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    In the US, low-information voters from more rural areas are mad that coal jobs have gone away (hello, 1980) and that the world is becoming less white (hello, reality). And a certain segment of our society could never get their brains around a half-African-American President being duly elected.

I gather that Brexit is motivated by much the same xenophobic, racist sentiment.

The world is a shambles.
  • Personally, I wonder: if a re-vote could be mounted on both Brexit and the American Presidency, knowing what we know now (re: Cambridge Analytica, Russian involvement in both elections, etc.) how would the results in both elections change (if it all)? No way of knowing, of course -- but I somehow doubt Trump could survive a vote of No Confidence being held today (if only such were possible in the USA.)
  • CraterGuns wrote: »
    National Public Radio (NPR) -- a respected, highly reputable U.S. news organization --

Republicans have been trying to de-fund NPR for many years.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Our British brothers and sisters have not let us down!
    royale65 wrote: »

Quite. Maybe we should check into the nearest asylum after agreeing with something that Trump has said?

I can feel my inner racist, mysogynistic, bigot clawing his way out.
  • Protest march in London is definitely not tiny ...

MUCH larger than any anti-Obama protest rally ever held in London! Trump beats Obama once again!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Apparently a solid 250,000 turned out to protest, and that's not even here in the States. Insane numbers, makes me proud!
    So approximately 250,000 in the London protest.

AND the bigger, much bigger BOOM is ... more indictments now.

But on top of this, conservatives are now planning on indicted Rosenstein, possibly as early as Monday.
    Yes, it looks they will push to get Rosenstein out. I am not overly worried. The investigation will continue - and if they do try to oust him, it only makes them look scared.

Ryan's probably too busy bumbling around, wasting time before he gets to wipe his hands of this nightmare in January.
  • These traitors have no idea how riled up We The People are at this point. Any attempt to roust Rosenstein will put thousands of protestors in the streets of every major city in America.
    These traitors have no idea how riled up We The People are at this point. Any attempt to roust Rosenstein will put thousands of protestors in the streets of every major city in America.

I'm already there.
    Here's a summary. But it is more accurate to say this this merely what we know, from public information, that Mueller has found so far. I feel confident he and his team know far, far more than this.
    Oh, this rabbit hole is VERY long and twisty, I'm certain. We are seeing threads as they finish, probably 1/10 of what's to come...
    Quite.
    MHwfiG5.jpg
    Oh that's great, @BAIN123. :) Yours? I haven't seen this one before ...
  • 45 is the best Bond villain ever. He's got all the best henchpeople. Gold-plated everything. Only one thing to remember, Donnie: "Give the people what they want...." *
This discussion has been closed.