CLOSED

Comments

• This is the first time people are outraged the US president is talking to other state leaders.

No, it's the first time we've had the US president kissing the @$$ of another state leader in public. Quite the difference!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    This is the first time people are outraged the US president is talking to other state leaders.

Wait- what? Maybe you have a memory problem, son. Obama took poo for almost every one he talked to! Of course, that was mainly from the right...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    chrisisall wrote: »
    This is the first time people are outraged the US president is talking to other state leaders.

Wait- what? Maybe you have a memory problem, son. Obama took poo for almost every one he talked to! Of course, that was mainly from the right...

You are right. He got a lot of flak from the other side for talking to Iran. But this is still different. It s everyone now.

No, it's the first time we've had the US president kissing the @$$ of another state leader in public. Quite the difference!

I have seen several of them bowing down to the Saudi King just to mention one example. That is truly despicable.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Trump is a nutcase unto himself, thinks of himself only, and at least doesn't hide it. Unfortunately, he was installed as our president. It is a tragedy, and as easy as it is to joke about him, it is deadly serious. But we can get through this and our country, our democracy will be stronger for it. But it is a genuine crisis point for the U.S. and Congress must act (in spite of the GOP being dizzy with delight at the opportunity to tear down most of what Obama did). The GOP must get a grip and act. Trump had given them the candy store to do whatever they wanted, so to speak. So sure, not ALL GOP but the majority have been acting in ways not putting our country and our citizens first. Right now, our main hope (but it is hope well placed) is in the Mueller investigation, our democratic system (though the wheels turn slowly from our point of view) and American citizens.
    That investigation has been going on for a year. It costs a lot of money, doesn t it?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't find an immediate concrete number, but I'm sure they've spent well under $20 million that Trump reported a few months back.

Meanwhile, Trump has spent nearly $70 million in taxpayer funds on golfing. Let that sink in.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Can't find an immediate concrete number, but I'm sure they've spent well under $20 million that Trump reported a few months back.

Meanwhile, Trump has spent nearly $70 million in taxpayer funds on golfing. Let that sink in.

What the hell, that is insane, but nothing out of the ordinary. Our money is spent on a lot of idiotic stuff.
    The Mueller investigation is exactly what our country needs and is saving our democracy, to put it bluntly. If you want to put out costs and nothingburgers and whataboutism, you are simply putting forth the distractions and downplaying that favors the Kremlin. It does. That is what the Russian govt puts out so well, all that misdirection and disinformation. The Benghazi investigation, which yielded nothing against Hillary, went on forever, cost tons of money and that turned out to be a genuine waste of time. This is totally different. This Mueller investigation is fighting for the life of our democracy. It is.

Anyway, it is worth noting Trump has flipped fully to saying Russia did not interfere (he is predictable) and also out of the blue is attacking Montenegro. Which we can bet Putin explained carefully to him, as one of his talking points when they met privately. Putin wants to destroy NATO. Trump has always seemed to go along with this and now more than ever.

NATO has become a monster.
    NATO is a necessary defense.
    NATO is a necessary defense.

No, it has been all about attack the last couple of decades.
    So you and I will disagree, @Thunderfinger. Nothing new regarding politics; but you are still my friend. :)

I just read a brief mention of Bond, so here you go:
    (This is in relation to the Russian spy who had infiltrated the NRA, and more details are out now. She offered sex to try to get a position within the NRA, to get a foothold into American politics. You can click into it and read the whole thread if you want). ~

This is about Maria Buttina, who was just indicted and being held. New charges were added, carrying a maximum 10 yr prison stay if convicted. I think lots of sordid details will be forthcoming, but I won't be posting them. Only if other major news on her.
    Of course we are friends, but I stand by my claim. NATO has been purely an attack organization since the 90s.
    And I keep my stance that it is a necessary and helpful relationship that we have as part of NATO. I won't go back and forth here, though. We disagree and I'll leave it at that for this thread.

What the hell, that is insane, but nothing out of the ordinary. Our money is spent on a lot of idiotic stuff.

No doubt. The golf thing is only an issue because Trump attacked Obama numerous times on his golfing habits, saying he wouldn't have time to play a single day of golf...only to have spent $70 million on that exact activity in under two years.
    So on top of everything else making the news, Montenegro will continue to be on Trump's mind and we will hear about this further.

No doubt. The golf thing is only an issue because Trump attacked Obama numerous times on his golfing habits, saying he wouldn't have time to play a single day of golf...only to have spent $70 million on that exact activity in under two years.

The hypocricy goes back and forth, it is more like tennis than golf.

The hypocricy goes back and forth, it is more like tennis than golf.

No doubt. Tennis is an incredibly apt comparison.
    Always in govts: hypocrisy at times, overspending, covering their asses when they should be taking action. That's the short list. ;)

Ok there is a lot happening, but I'll try to make this my last post for many hours.
    This is important to note, though. Putin does want to have the right to question American officials and citizens directly and discussed this with Trump.

Anyway, let's keep this in mind as things unravel over the next few days.

Not only does Putin want that, but SHS said not an hour ago that Trump is actively exploring such a possibility with his team. Insanity.
    The FBI arrested someone in my hometown. How is that different? It isn t right regardless.
    I mean, considering the fact that there's currently an ongoing investigation into whether or not Russia meddled in U.S. elections, combined with the prospect of Russia questioning U.S. officials, is incredibly bizarre and only makes the entire thing look more suspicious. Trump does himself absolutely no favors to stamp out meddling claims, that's for damn sure. You can only say 'no collusion' so many times before you look like a crazy person.
  • I like the idea of getting Russia's help with the Mueller investigation. Top-flight lunacy! http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-u-s-russia-relations-will-improve-after-summit.html
    Wow. Google 'idiot' and look what image turns up first...
  • Now Google "treason" and see what you get....
    https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/aid-and-comfort-to-enemies-trump-russia-and-treason/ (Actually, this was the third selection on my search. True news, not fake news!)
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,691
    WARNING: CORE VALUE BREACH! IMPLOSION IMMINENT!
    I think Russia is enjoying pushing buttons and making headlines like this so we can all faint or something.

FBI Director Wray:
This discussion has been closed.