CLOSED

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    MHwfiG5.jpg

Oh I *LOVE* this!
    45 is the best Bond villain ever. He's got all the best henchpeople. Gold-plated everything. Only one thing to remember, Donnie: "Give the people what they want...." *

He has all the characteristics. Down to the vulgarity, bizarre looks, shady business history full of secrets, name and heritage from Germany, a passion but limited talent for golf, no disregard for cheating etc. (I could go on...) It is like Fleming created him.
    jobo wrote: »
    45 is the best Bond villain ever. He's got all the best henchpeople. Gold-plated everything. Only one thing to remember, Donnie: "Give the people what they want...." *

He has all the characteristics. Down to the vulgarity, bizarre looks, shady business history full of secrets, name and heritage from Germany, a passion but limited talent for golf, no disregard for cheating etc. (I could go on...) It is like Fleming created him.

Yep. He's basically a stupider version of Carver.
    Oh that's great, @BAIN123. :) Yours? I haven't seen this one before ...

No it’s not mine. I wish it was but it’s someone from another group.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A Federal judge just did this:

This administration has been making the immigrant parent pay for airfare(s) to be reunited with their child. Their child that was forcibly taken from them by our govt, and often "temporarily" sheltered far away.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Trump has confirmed he is running again in 2020.
    Yes, he started collecting donations for that specifically awhile ago.
    Not an issue for me.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 3,564
    Trump has confirmed he is running again in 2020.

And just coincidentally, the villain for the Bond film slated for release in early 2020 (according to fake news that I just made up) will be played by Alec Baldwin doing his Trump impression. EON has been wanting to re-do "Goldfinger" ever since (at least) DAF... so with a few alterations, it looks like they'll finally be able to do just that. I wonder if they can get Shirley Bassey to sing the new theme song -- "Gold#$@&;er"?
    Alec Baldwin simply playing himself would have the makings of a fun Bond villain.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 12,459
    The meeting between Trump and Putin is soon.
    I believe we all value a free press. If we lose that, we are truly lost.
    Trump's statement here is not a change, or anything new from him really. But it is beyond sad and more than troubling.

He calls the press the "enemy of the people." Not new. It seems that in the near future, it could be that ALL of us are somehow "enemies of the people" (except his core base perhaps). In no way, in a democracy, should a government leader being making statements like this - nor should this be normalized or downplayed simply because it has now become "typical Trump talk".

We have to push back harder. The press itself, especially, has to push back harder.

Yet Nixon's actions and words pale in comparison to Trump.
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    Alec Baldwin simply playing himself would have the makings of a fun Bond villain.

Alec Baldwin could play an evil version of his Jack Donaghy character from 30 Rock, who's also an Republican, by the way.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 616

Alec Baldwin could play an evil version of his Jack Donaghy character from 30 Rock, who's also an Republican, by the way.

You mean Donaghy wasn't already evil? Huh.

No, I can see Baldwin playing a thinly-veiled version of himself. When he's not beating up paparazzi, getting booted from commercial flights for refusing to turn off his phone, and throwing himself into Twitter wars about MeToo, he can be secretly planning to destroy the world!

You mean Donaghy wasn't already evil? Huh.

No, I can see Baldwin playing a thinly-veiled version of himself. When he's not beating up paparazzi, getting booted from commercial flights for refusing to turn off his phone, and getting in Twitter wars about MeToo, he can be secretly planning to destroy the world!

He had his nice moments too!
    Nixon's actions and words pale in comparison to Trump.
    Yes, but he's enabling rich folk- Nixon didn't do that. So Trump is okay....
    My favorite

37109748_10156482859243252_2758511890534498304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=59d16733cedc1dd41f557596c4d126e4&oe=5BD2F363
    Some children are being reunited with a family member. Thousands more are still separated.

The pressure American citizens and the press must not stop regarding this issue.
    Trump is in the process of setting up many more shelters, tents, etc. for immigrants; and children are still being separated from their families. Private contractors are making huge amounts of money from this. It is not resolved. Federal judges are stepping up the process, but this is still a horrible, shameful thing that is happening to immigrants arriving in the U.S.

So here is a recent reunification. The child has been traumatized by his ordeal. Not just this video - click into it to see many photos and a lot of information.

This full story here:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-family-reunion-20180715-story.html
    My favorite

37109748_10156482859243252_2758511890534498304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=59d16733cedc1dd41f557596c4d126e4&oe=5BD2F363

Nice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So Putin and Trump spent over 90 minutes together in their one-on-one, and followed it up with a laughable plane crash of a little news conference. Didn't expect anything but exactly what occurred.

Someone asked Trump if he believes his own intelligence agencies over Putin's comments that Russia didn't interfere in the election, and he goes into a bumbling, incoherent ramble questioning what happened to Clinton's missing e-mails. Deflection and projection is the name of his game.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    somebody-tampered-with-the-election-and-hacked-my-rigged-voting-7544138.png
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,691
    And the GOP just sits back and lets it all happen. It's like cocktail hour- treason all around!
    My favorite

That is brilliant!!!!
    Just waking up and the news is HUGE on this Trump Putin meeting.
    Beyond horrible. Did we think it would be quite like this? It is truly blatant, dire, stupid and a slap in our face.
    So yeah, this is a tipping point. Mueller also just charged Maria Butina as a Russian agent and she is tied directly to NRA and several GOP. Indictments unsealed right after the Trump-Putin private chat.

The next few days will be on fire. I am more than ready for our Congress to actually be pushed into taking action, instead of waffling and focusing on their personal agendas to save their careers.
    With tweets here, you can click into middle of each to open more, scroll up and down for info.

I'm all like
    lqFT4uo.png
    here.
    @4EverBonded, not a thing regarding the summit today surprised me. Anyone expecting something other than today's end result was setting themselves up for disappointment.
    The fecal matter is in fierce contact with the cooling device blades presently.
    More than I expected.
    This is not a bad thing.
    No surprises, true. I thought he may have tried to NOT be so blatant for once - but Trump has proven to be consistently "off the cuff" to put it politely. Don't get me wrong; I am glad he doesn't hide his attitude or who he sides with. It certainly helps the American people to see more clearly who he is (yet I know most of us have the right perception by now, and his core base won't change no matter what) ... and it helps the Mueller investigation.

If Trump had been subdued, said more "normal" things as would be the usual case for a U.S. presidency, that actually would have aided things continue the same way more. So it's good the Trump Putin meeting has blown up the way it did.

• Is he impeached yet? If not now, when???
    Is he impeached yet? If not now, when???

I'm hoping to wake one morning and be surprised to find Mueller's investigation is complete and Trump is screwed.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is he impeached yet? If not now, when???

I'm hoping to wake one morning and be surprised to find Mueller's investigation is complete and Trump is screwed.

[Brosnan voice] Me too.
This discussion has been closed.