Addicted or not.. 007 disrupting your life ?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think you're thinking of Bondage. ;)
  • Still waiting for the spinoff 50 Shades of Sir Frederick Gray...

"Well get cracking, 007!"

*whup-pshh!*
    HRMMMM!!
  • =))
    Happy birthday @barryt007 ! Surely you get a free pass to indulge in James Bond to a junkie-level of addiction on this special day of all days! Do you have a 'birthday bond film'? Mine is, funnily enough, TLD. the film that got me into Bond as a kid. Or DN - one of my go-to-007 films. I watch those on or around my birthday every year.

Thanks Major..i would have to say QOS at the moment....or either OP or LALD.

Birdleson wrote: »
    I thought my girlfriend was accepting, but I'm beginning to suspect. She knows that I am in this MI6 Bondathon, and my self-imposed rule is that I can only watch the one film of the week (multiple times) and after we end I am taking a long needed hiatus until the month prior to BOND 25. When she was over on Sunday (that's our day) a Bond film ( not the one of that week) was on television. I stopped on the channel, juts to get a little fix, and she was so quick to start yelling, "You're not supposed to be watching that!". It leads me to believe that her tolerance has worn more thin that she had previously let on.

Ive had that in the past with my ex-wife : "If you f***ing love Bond that much then bloody well move in with him !!! "

Still waiting for the spinoff 50 Shades of Sir Frederick Gray...

*whup-pshh!*

Hahaha love it....!!

• edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Still waiting for the spinoff 50 Shades of Sir Frederick Gray...

*whup-pshh!*

Hahaha love it....!!

(Oh,and for the members who are anti this thread,its in the 'General Discussion' category so it doesnt even have to be Bond related if need be....)

I went for a job interview yesterday and the interviewer asked me if I was a Bond fan. I was surprised by this but then remembered my email address included 007 after my name.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hopefully the interviewer is a fan too (who wouldn't be, and at least you've demonstrated your excellent taste)! Good luck.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Women!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    The world would be a much worse place than it is without them after all we all have Mothers don't we? Edit. Apart from @Thunderfinger whose parentage is doubtful nay dubious :D ;)
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    The world would be a much worse place than it is without them after all we all have Mothers don't we? Edit. Apart from @Thunderfinger whose parentage is doubtful nay dubious :D ;)

Yes, we all came from women in the beginning. I was thinking that just as I typed the above comment! :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    In the office where I work they call me "Agent [my last name]" because they say I have Bond mannerisms. Funny thing, this started before they even found out about my fondness for Bond.
    We are all nutters methinks....
    barryt007 wrote: »
    We are all nutters methinks....

I certainly am!
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Lately I focus on things that are really important in my life to me. It's only a few things as I realize now.

Have spend more time with my army-brothers since June 2016 than in 5 years before combined. In those five years most of us had relationship(s), me and Jase being married, another two having girlfriends for longer periods of time.

But from end of 2015 to Spring 2016 we all got single again. Now it's us and us only.

In all of this my love, no addiction, no fanaticism ha ha, to Bond, especially the seven Roger Moore movies have become even more important than before.

It always had disruptive qualities as early as school years. Watching Moonraker again on VHS instead of doing homework drive my father crazy regularly.
    Later in army, when on leave for 1 1/2 days (every other weekend), I go home watching TV, of course The Spy Who Loved Me or some Simon Templar episodes on VHS.
    My father telling me, go out find girl to shag, you are 20 and should get laid instead of watching Octopussy for the 100th time!
    I go to discotheque to make my father happy, come home midnight and he ask me, did you get to know nice girl? I say, no they are all boring and dress ridiculously I go now and watch Live And Let Die. My father gave up at one point.

Getting married near end of 00s my parents making huge event of it, several hundred guests.

My wife know before I love Bond movies. She did not mind and say she likes Pierce Brosnan much. Ok...

First two years great, at least that what I thought. Then wife begin complaining about me watching Roger Moore in this or that over and over again.
    Some three years ago big fight over me watching Roger Moore marathon again on a weekend, weekend after on Friday evening telling me, I go and watch all Twilight movies in a row this weekend. Ok....
    I do not mind Twilight series, but she watching it at least one time a months, all that are available. I never complain.

For good five years I have bad conscious whenever watching Bond because I know she looks at me like I am retarded or something...and she watch Edward Cullen glow in sunlight for 100th time...

Now I am free, just finished watching all seven Roger Moore Bonds in 48 hours on super cool 65 inch 4K tv set. This is what I need. No complaining, no disrupting energy, just me, the tv and Sir Roger doing his thing!

-Jumping out of a plane and fly for a couple of minutes until reach that point where I get pulled back by opening parachute and then make perfect landing again.
    -Having a woman appreciate me in bed and respecting each other's wishes.
    -Watching Bond when I want, so often I want and no one complains

All three give me pleasure, adrenaline kicks and make me forget what happening around me and my sorrows.

Bond Forever!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    A very interesting story @LordBrettSinclair. Thanks for sharing. My compliments.

It looks like things are looking up, and I'm happy that you are enjoying your new found freedom. A Roger Moore Bond film can certainly cure most ills in life, or at least help with a downer mood.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Never been happier to be single. I like to keep my drama strictly to the fiction I read and watch.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @LordBrettSinclair , I suggest taking up smoking, as well. Very Bondian.

Sorry @Birdleson, please @LordBrettSinclair, don't start smoking.

It may look cool, but robbed Fleming (and my father, who introduced me to Bond via Connery), a good twenty to twenty five years of good living. It's a slow suicide.

If Fleming started Bond today, IMHO, I think the character would still drink, to kill his demons, but would obsessively take care of his armour (his flesh, bones, athleticism), since his enemies would also be in top shape to dispatch him...

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My life is disrupting my OO7!
  • I suspect Birdleson was being facetious, @peter, but I agree with you re: smoking. Never knew two of my grandparents because they both passed way too soon from lifetimes of heavy chronic smoking. It's no way to live and no way to die, and if you don't smoke now, there is no need to ever start.

Bond's smoking was one of the most purely unrealistic aspects of both Fleming's novels and the early films. There's no way a man with Bond's level of cigarette intake could have made the journey across the bottom of Shark Bay in LALD or swam to Blofeld's castle in YOLT. Film Bond will never go back to cigarettes anyway, unless they do decide to do a period thing. Cigarettes just aren't cool anymore. Cigars are another matter. I enjoy an occasional cigar on special occasions myself. Drinking in moderation retains a degree of sophistication and "cool" as well (as long as your drink of choice isn't PBR) so Bond still has plenty of 21st Century vices for us to responsibly share in our own lives.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Vices & responsibly in the same sentence? The point is that Bond is a character that's burning out. Yeah, 70 cigarettes a day is CRAZY, but Tim's three or four a movie works for me. My Bond is not a health nut or an Olympic athlete.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Clearly with the line of work he was in, Bond often felt he needed something to take the edge off. Smoking was also much more of a sociable thing back in those days, where cigarettes were marketed more like medicine than the poison they are.
    I quit smoking 2 1/2 years ago I started due to a high stress job that definitely fits with Bond, the irony smoking then caused even more stress for myself.

Seeing Pierce with a bottle of Vodka in TND is a great moment as it illustrates a clear motive as to why Bond drinks.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 16,330
    If I got roughed up by 4 old guys I'd be drinking too. :))
    :)) The more I think about that scene, Carvers men don't move fast and they are not young. :))
    No wonder Bond was so annoyed. He got jumped by 4 old henchmen.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Quit smoking almost eight years ago. Never picked it up again. That's still one of the best decisions of my life.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Quit smoking almost eight years ago. Never picked it up again. That's still one of the best decisions of my life.

I concur best thing I have done in recent years, I don't miss having a tight chest whilst cycling.