Addicted or not.. 007 disrupting your life ?

edited January 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
Yes this is an impromptu thread but ,it is my birthday,and i am getting it in my ear from my other half ,simply because she logged on here and saw i was still chatting away,when i planned a secret all-night Bondathon for the first time ,with TND and QOS already done and only a Sir Roger and one more to extra (Connery or LTK to go_)...gutted..

She is still nagging me right now....any experiences ???????????????????
«13

Comments

  • Posts: 19,339
    I think my girlfriend might have just dumped me at 4am on my birthday bcause im having a private night Bondathon all nighter ...well thats a first..
  • Posts: 19,339
    Her: You never sleep,and its 4am......
    Me..Im having a birthday Bondathon !!!! (TND/QOS/TMWTGG) !!
    Her:you will be in bed all weekend
    Me: no i wont....

    You know how it goes...
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Posts: 2,721
    If she joined the forum she would know the best way to get you to stop would be watching TLD but only the scenes with Kara in them on a loop.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    edited January 2017 Posts: 167
    .
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,325
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Posts: 2,721
    Well - on the positive experience side. Just played the Thunderball board game with my fiancé. And both enjoyed it. I got it last year for cheap and it's in near mint condition considering it's over fifty years old! Even played the Thunderball soundtrack (on vinyl of course!) while we rolled the dice. She finds my Bond obsession amusing and enjoys the Connery films. She doesn't think much of Brosnan or Craig eras but digs the Connery era a lot. She says he's the only Bond. Likes the 60s style and her favourite film so far is Dr No which I think is pretty damn cool.
  • Posts: 4,325
    Well - on the positive experience side. Just played the Thunderball board game with my fiancé. And both enjoyed it. I got it last year for cheap and it's in near mint condition considering it's over fifty years old! Even played the Thunderball soundtrack (on vinyl of course!) while we rolled the dice. She finds my Bond obsession amusing and enjoys the Connery films. She doesn't think much of Brosnan or Craig eras but digs the Connery era a lot. She says he's the only Bond. Likes the 60s style and her favourite film so far is Dr No which I think is pretty damn cool.

    That is cool.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 17,640
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Well - on the positive experience side. Just played the Thunderball board game with my fiancé. And both enjoyed it. I got it last year for cheap and it's in near mint condition considering it's over fifty years old! Even played the Thunderball soundtrack (on vinyl of course!) while we rolled the dice. She finds my Bond obsession amusing and enjoys the Connery films. She doesn't think much of Brosnan or Craig eras but digs the Connery era a lot. She says he's the only Bond. Likes the 60s style and her favourite film so far is Dr No which I think is pretty damn cool.

    That is cool.

    Agreed, sounds like a keeper to me.
  • Posts: 19,339
    If she joined the forum she would know the best way to get you to stop would be watching TLD but only the scenes with Kara in them on a loop.

    My God thats sadistic ,Major...but it certainly would work.....i would end up being a vegetable saying "take me on the wheel" over and over,with a Jim Carey Ace Ventura smile..

  • Posts: 19,339
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

  • Posts: 4,325
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,566
    @LordBrettSinclair..too..much...information...

    @barryt007 Women eh? Luckily, my wife simply accepts that it's a way of life. If she goes into the front room and sees a Bond film playing she sort of snorts and asks which one (by that she means which actor, not which film. They all look the same to her). If it's OHMSS she may watch it. She likes CR so may watch a bit of that, and she likes to tell me how handsome Brosnan is so she may ogle him for a few minutes.

    Otherwise she mutters something about me seeing them a hundred times already and will retire to the kitchen. She's a good girl like that.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007

    Im well aware of that....you better PM them ....be on the safe side....and get this nasty beast shut down.
    (Funny how a mod has just commented on here and no mention of a shut down eh ? )

  • Posts: 19,339
    NicNac wrote: »
    @LordBrettSinclair..too..much...information...

    @barryt007 Women eh? Luckily, my wife simply accepts that it's a way of life. If she goes into the front room and sees a Bond film playing she sort of snorts and asks which one (by that she means which actor, not which film. They all look the same to her). If it's OHMSS she may watch it. She likes CR so may watch a bit of that, and she likes to tell me how handsome Brosnan is so she may ogle him for a few minutes.

    Otherwise she mutters something about me seeing them a hundred times already and will retire to the kitchen. She's a good girl like that.

    Hahaha how true is that Nackers...i had SP on last week and my girlfriend walked in and said "you watched that last week "....so i turned it off.

    She then laughed and walked off,so i turned it back on ...as you say,my old friend,women eh ?

  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,325
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007

    Im well aware of that....you better PM them ....be on the safe side....and get this nasty beast shut down.
    (Funny how a mod has just commented on here and no mention of a shut down eh ? )

    Not that bothered to be honest - it's up to them - I don't mind multiple threads @barryt007 so chill out, you're getting a bit angsty here.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,566
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007

    Im well aware of that....you better PM them ....be on the safe side....and get this nasty beast shut down.
    (Funny how a mod has just commented on here and no mention of a shut down eh ? )

    Not that bothered to be honest - it's up to them - I don't mind multiple threads @barryt007 so chill out, you're getting a bit angsty here.

    I don't think he is. And as far as the mod stance goes, if you can link the original thread and it has been active recently, then I will shut this down. If it's old and untouched for some time then I see no reason why we can't carry on here.

    Of course one of the other mods may think differently, but that's up to them. ;)
  • Posts: 4,325
    NicNac wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007

    Im well aware of that....you better PM them ....be on the safe side....and get this nasty beast shut down.
    (Funny how a mod has just commented on here and no mention of a shut down eh ? )

    Not that bothered to be honest - it's up to them - I don't mind multiple threads @barryt007 so chill out, you're getting a bit angsty here.

    I don't think he is. And as far as the mod stance goes, if you can link the original thread and it has been active recently, then I will shut this down. If it's old and untouched for some time then I see no reason why we can't carry on here.

    Of course one of the other mods may think differently, but that's up to them. ;)

    I agree, the voice of reason @NicNac
  • Posts: 19,339
    She is here with me now and we are on the champagne for my Birthday,all is good...phew !!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,221
    NicNac wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    There's already a thread for this kind of thing. I must say though, as someone who doesn't want some woman hanging on his gun arm, I find this all rather depressing.

    Impromptu remember ? at nearly 4am...if it needs to be closed im sure a mod will oblige.

    Mods don't like multiple threads on the same thing - impromptu or not @barryt007

    Im well aware of that....you better PM them ....be on the safe side....and get this nasty beast shut down.
    (Funny how a mod has just commented on here and no mention of a shut down eh ? )

    Not that bothered to be honest - it's up to them - I don't mind multiple threads @barryt007 so chill out, you're getting a bit angsty here.

    I don't think he is. And as far as the mod stance goes, if you can link the original thread and it has been active recently, then I will shut this down. If it's old and untouched for some time then I see no reason why we can't carry on here.

    Of course one of the other mods may think differently, but that's up to them. ;)

    Whereas I'm typically "one of the other mods," i.e. the asshole who loves to close up duplicate threads!

    In all seriousness, I really don't mind them IF there's a discussion to be had. The problem we've had lately is people make threads just to make them, but when I locate and link an original thread and close the duplicate, the conversation is never continued, almost as if the thread was created just for the fun of it.
  • Posts: 19,339
    I think this is a fun thread and i never create crap if i can avoid it....(as long as the other half doesnt see our posts !!)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,566
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I think this is a fun thread and i never create crap if i can avoid it....(as long as the other half doesnt see our posts !!)

    She may see this!!!!!

    697540019_bae84d146b.jpg
  • Posts: 19,339
    NicNac wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I think this is a fun thread and i never create crap if i can avoid it....(as long as the other half doesnt see our posts !!)
    #



    She may see this!!!!!

    697540019_bae84d146b.jpg

    And on my Birthday too...Nackers how could you hahaha...btw she DID just see this photo and laughed !!

  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    The other "Other half" thread is about your other half s relation to Bond and your own Bond interest in general.

    Can t this just change the name to "007 disrupting your life" ? Doesn t have to be about your other half necessarily?

    Will garner more discussion and both threads can stay as they are.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Posts: 167
    The discussion if this thread is duplicate is disrupting the thread and our 007 life.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,221
    It'd be more fitting to retitle this to focus on '007 Disrupting Your Life?' as @Thunderfinger mentioned; there have been several of us who have had general Bond fatigue lately, so it'd be more fitting instead of having two incredibly similar threads.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Ok chaps...i will go with the flow and change accordingly,good points ....i will change the title.

    How about the new title ? ok ?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Posts: 2,721
    Happy birthday @barryt007 ! Surely you get a free pass to indulge in James Bond to a junkie-level of addiction on this special day of all days! Do you have a 'birthday bond film'? Mine is, funnily enough, TLD. the film that got me into Bond as a kid. Or DN - one of my go-to-007 films. I watch those on or around my birthday every year.
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    edited January 2017 Posts: 167
    .
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 5,131
    Is this serious??
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    Seems like Bond is a huge problem, equal to drugs, porn or excessive gambling.

    Is it time to ban Bond?
Sign In or Register to comment.