Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Winter Soldier
    Guardians Vol 1
    Iron Man
    Avengers
    Guardians Vol 2

No particular order.
    Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 2
    Iron Man
    Iron Man 3
    Ant Man
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Iron Man
    Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the galaxy
    Civil War
    Iron Man 2
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Iron Man
    Winter Soldier
    Iron Man 3
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 2
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Winter Soldier
    Iron Man
    Civil War
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Ant Man
    The Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    The First Avenger
    Doctor Strange
    Age of Ultron (I know I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed it more than the first one)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    The First Avenger
    Doctor Strange
    Age of Ultron (I know I'm in the minority but I actually enjoyed it more than the first one)

I enjoyed it as much as the first one, but the first one lands in my top 5 purely because it did that job first.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Winter Soldier
    Civil War
    Avengers Assemble
    First Avenger
    Age of Ultron

I watch these films far more than the other MCU

Doctor Strange I think will eventually crash that top four, I do like that film quite alot.

It would appear Cap is my favouraite MCU character.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Deleted double post
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    i think the best character in the mcu is tony stark by far
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited June 2017 Posts: 1,187

IMG_5494.jpg

+1. So good in fact that he is relegated these days to adding sparkling stardust to other franchises.
    Must be a pain to shave his facial hair into that weird pattern every morning.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    That's true. I feel like if anyone else had that facial hair they would look like an idiot
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Milovy wrote: »
    Must be a pain to shave his facial hair into that weird pattern every morning.
    That's true. I feel like if anyone else had that facial hair they would look like an idiot

Agreed on both comments. I think that style is so iconic to Tony Stark that if anyone one did it they would look like an idiot. Is that even RDJ real facial hair? I feel like they glue parts of it on, kinda like they did with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    chairs.jpg

The King is front and centre for Infinity War!

Just thinking about what Marvel has done since 2008 and it's something no other studio will be able to replicate. I'm so pumped!
    edited June 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Black Panther trailer drops tonight!!!!

DB4WlZCUQAAfPrS.jpg

The poster could be much better but the throne room looks cool AF and the costume is influenced by Stelfreeze's work.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Who the hell greenlit that poster?!
    *shakes head* I don't know why Marvel do this. They keep making thecsame crappy mistakes withbtheir posters. It looks more like concept art! Anyway the trailer better be killer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    *shakes head* I don't know why Marvel do this. They keep making thecsame crappy mistakes withbtheir posters. It looks more like concept art! Anyway the trailer better be killer.

I am sure it is.
    Higher res

KwOnlrx.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    That looks better. Seeing some detail in the suit helps a bit.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 6,844
    Trouble is: that poster is evocative of nothing. You may as well have Thor or Captain America or Doctor Strange sitting in that chair and the poster would tell the same story and have the same effect on the beholder, just selling a different character's film. There's nothing here that says: this is what you're going to get with a Black Panther film...time to get excited. This says, oh hey, here's another Marvel film...you know the drill.

Remember that fan poster with the massive stone panther in the jungle and all that mist? Hot damn, now that's how you make a poster that resonates.
    To be fair, what really sets the poster apart is the text and symbols which are actually Adinkra symbols, based on written West African language, specifically Ghana. The costume is dope AF. I really hope the movie has T'Challa using the digital mask.

anyway...this looks better

NG0ZoZx.jpg

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, a trailer dropping tonight? Why so early?

I'll wait to hear what others say, because if it's as spoiler-filled as Spider-Man's have been, I'll pass.
    FUCKING AWESOME!!!!
    Wow! That is one seriously impressive trailer. My appetite has definitely been whetted.
    YES !!!!

This year seems to be good for super-hero movies.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Very interesting, not much reaction to really share. Wakanda will be interesting, and I look forward to seeing all the stunt work from both the male and female fighters on Panther's side. It'll be compelling to see T'Challa try to balance being a new king and a protector of a different sort, and I hope that duality is explored. I was also bopping my head to the hip-hop styled music at the end, which should've have fit the tone, yet did.

I'll be reading a lot of the old comics soon as the character interests me, and I want to know where Panther came from to know how the live action version of him may go.