Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'll be seeing this on opening day @doubleoego - March 6th. Can't wait!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Likewise, my friend.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Filming of Black Widow delayed by a few months, from March to June of this year. Marvel are still aiming to release it in 2020.

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-filming-start-delay/

----

Social Media embargo for Captain Marvel will be lifted on February 19th. Review embargo ends March 5th.
    Not to get toooff topic but this is why the whole Bond pushed back a month thing doesn’t feel real to me beyond knowing it’s not look at black widow that gets delayed and everyone is reporting it
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Not to get toooff topic but this is why the whole Bond pushed back a month thing doesn’t feel real to me beyond knowing it’s not look at black widow that gets delayed and everyone is reporting it
    Exactly. Thanks. Ups, gotta get out of this thread. Fast.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,686
    The Eternals, the 2nd MCU film of 2020 (after Black Widow), will begin filming on August 1st.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/02/13/marvel-the-eternals-chloe-zhao-production-august/
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Black Widow gets new working title and new writer to re-write script

The highly-anticipated Black Widow film may be headed to production soon but things are still being ironed out behind the scenes. Collider is now reporting that Ned Benson, a writer best known for his work on the acclaimed triptych saga The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby which starred Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy, has been hired to rewrite the standalone film of Natasha Romanoff, replacing original screenwriter Jac Schaeffer in the process.

According to Collider, there are two reasons for this new hire; one being that Marvel Studios and Disney were blown away by Benson’s work on Eleanor Rigby and the other being that Benson was hired by Sony’s Amy Pascal to helm a film called My Aryan Princess, a project Black Widow herself Scarlett Johansson has been rumored to be attached to. Collider thinks that Johansson may have brought Benson on to the Marvel standalone, just as she brought director Cate Shortland to helm the film several months back.

On top of that, Production Weekly has listed a new working title for the film: Blue Bayou. While the actual connection of the working title and film’s plot is unclear, we now know that the film will shoot at UK’s Pinewood Studios, home to several Marvel Studios’ productions like Doctor Strange and the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

Social media embargo for Captain Marvel has been lifted:

CAPTAIN MARVEL isn’t what I expected based on marketing. It’s pretty much an “all-in” cosmic space movie. Also, it’s a lot weirder than I expected. Ben Mendelsohn is awesome as Talos.

Just out of CaptainMarvel. So many fun surprises I didn't expect + new (and old?) characters to love.

CaptainMarvel was a lot of fun! Just enough ‘90s nostalgia without overdoing it. Brie Larson is great. Ditto Sam Jackson & Ben Mendelsohn. Goose the cat is purr-fect. Some nice surprises and clever decisions throughout. Cool sci-fi elements. And funny! Thumbs up!+

CaptainMarvel has a great ‘90s sci-fi vibe w/ a tone unlike any other Marvel movie, really. It’s retro & trippy, mysterious & dorky. It’s funny in surprising places & badass in all the right places. It remains entertaining because it’s always changing. It’s got the right stuff

The future of the MCU gets even brighter adding #CaptainMarvel to the mix. Really fell for @brielarson’s sass, strength & energy in the role. Same with @LashanaLynch too! Ben Mendelsohn is A+ casting as Talos. And yes, Goose is a scene stealer. 2nd viewing can’t come soon enough.

CaptainMarvel is pure joy. I cannot wait for the generation of little girls who will grow up with Carol Danvers as a hero.

CaptainMarvel is (takes deep 90s breath) TOTALLY AWESOME. Never related to a Marvel character quite like Carol. She’s the stubborn witty 90s kid I like to think I am.

Captain Marvel is a blast! Has some cool surprises that I definitely didn't see coming, and the mystery/origin it weaves is engaging and fun. Brie Larson is awesome, and makes a fantastic first step into the MCU

captainmarvel has a lot of heart is is super relevant to the times now. I loved all of the characters in this but Goose the cat might be my favorite MCU character. I’m excited to see @brielarson the the future of the MCU.

CaptainMarvel is a great origin story. Brie’s buddy cop chemistry with @SamuelLJackson is so much fun and her relationship with Lashana Lynch is the real heart of it. Ben Mendelsohn and the cat both steal the show.

CaptainMarvel is a welcome addition to the MCU. The movie is really well done with some great moments. benmendelsohn steals almost every scene he's in. @brielarson literally shines in the role. So ready for AvengersEndGame

Really loved #CaptainMarvel. It’s a little wobbly at times but only because it’s so ambitious. It’s beautifully constructed, hilarious and offers tons of surprises. @brielarson obviously rules but Ben Mendelsohn is the surprise MVP.

Here is my reaction: CAPTAIN MARVEL ABSOLUTELY SOARS! #HigherFurtherFaster
  • I'm actually quite excited for Captain Marvel. Great to hear Ben Mendelsohn is excellent in this film, as he usually is. It's also great to hear praise for Brie Larson despite some criticisms she's faced. Only a couple of weeks to go now!
    @2Wint2Kidd I think Ben Mendelsohn is the new addition to the group of actors that can really ham it up as villains to highly entertaining results. Charles Dance, John Malkovich, Willem Dafoe and Jack Nicholson come to mind.
  • @DaltonCraig007 indeed. I've enjoyed him in everything I've seen him in, and in some cases he's been the best thing about the film. I am slightly worried he may be becoming typecast, but he does do a villain really well.
    And, in Captain Marvel news :
    Annette Benning is playing the Supreme Intelligence !

https://www.newsarama.com/44029-annette-bening-reveals-her-captain-marvel-character-and-its-huge-literally.html
    Main theme for Captain Marvel, by Pinar Toprak:

Cool track!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 615
    Right-wing trolls and "anti-SJW" snowflakes have launched a coordinated campaign to slag this movie -- sight unseen. They say it should not have a female lead.

I am sick & tired of these "incel" pukes. Pathetic!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Right-wing trolls and "anti-SJW" snowflakes have launched a coordinated campaign to slag this movie -- sight unseen. They say it should not have a female lead.

I am sick & tired of these "incel" pukes. Pathetic!

I've noticed that - several Youtube videos have been slating Larson. They just popped up out of nowhere.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,257
    The MCU just won its first Academy Award:

Ruth E. Carter wins Best Costume Design for her work in Black Panther.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The MCU just won its first Academy Award:

Ruth E. Carter wins Best Costume Design for her work in Black Panther.

Make that two for BP now production design
    Make that TWO:

Jay R. Hart and Hannah Beachler win for Best Production Design in Black Panther.
    Big win for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Oscar for best animated picture

Well deserved. One of the best films of the year, IMO.

Not seen the film yet though it does look great, I'll definately buy it
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Ludwig Göransson wins for Best Original Music Score in Black Panther.
    Captain Marvel scores have been removed from Rotten Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 5,767

There is so much inside that film, it´s completely impossible for any Trailer to Show even half the spectrum the film offers.

Does that make any sense? I thought there first Reviews were raving?
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,105
    boldfinger wrote: »

There is so much inside that film, it´s completely impossible for any Trailer to Show even half the spectrum the film offers.

Apparently the want to see score plummeted to 27 per cent.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    These first reactions are always somewhat disingenuous. Remember the first reactions for SP from critics?
    These first reactions are always somewhat disingenuous. Remember the first reactions for SP from critics?

But SP turned out to be awful, sometimes the ratings are correct. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,854
    boldfinger wrote: »

There people review-bombing the movie complaining that the protagonist was female, dropping the movie's score almost two weeks ahead of release.