Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Or The Great Train Robbery?
    Or a number of black-and-White Western films?
    Fights atop a Train never get old.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Or The Great Train Robbery?
    Or a number of black-and-White Western films?
    Fights atop a Train never get old.

The Wolverine had a good one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Oh, come on, a fight atop a train has been a mainstay of action movies since cinema began, including in Bond before SF. OP anyone ?
    Just having some fun, as there was a debate about inspiration vs. rip-off in the MI thread recently.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Getting Spider-Man 2 and SF pts vibes from that above clip.

DwevfZOWsAAbZFK?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

That is one cool poster!!!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited February 2019 Posts: 11,139
    New Avengers Endgame tv spot

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Looks interesting

I like the tone set in the EG trailer
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Bad lead casting will hurt this film, carissma vacuum
    New Avengers Endgame tv spot

The Russo's keep hyping us without giving anything away.

I simply love the marketing for this film!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Captain Marvel is a little over 4 weeks away, and various early Box Office trackings are seeing the film aim at a $160+ million domestic opening weekend, which would make it the 7th biggest opening for a MCU film (behind Avengers: Infinity War, The Avengers, Black Panther, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War and Iron Man 3).
    That's pretty impressive.

I must say I am looking forward to it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Looks interesting

Me too. I love those bleak and rundown shots of New York. It’s puts the consequences of Infinty War in perspective.

I’m not gonna watch any clips and just save it for the theater, but is Brie Larson still looking and sounding flat?
    Looks interesting

Me too. I love those bleak and rundown shots of New York. It’s puts the consequences of Infinty War in perspective.

I’m not gonna watch any clips and just save it for the theater, but is Brie Larson still looking and sounding flat?

Marvel certainly owe alot to the Russo Brothers, there films for me are a step or two above of the rest in the MCU.

Brie looks uninterested whether that ends up being a character trait?

I will watch the film though unlikely to see it at the cinema.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    She's playing a brainwashed Kree solider. How else do you expect her to play it? Just relax and all will be revealed in time.
    The Russos reaffirm that Endgame is likely to end up 3 hours long http://collider.com/avengers-endgame-runtime-update/
    antovolk wrote: »
    The Russos reaffirm that Endgame is likely to end up 3 hours long http://collider.com/avengers-endgame-runtime-update/

Wow!! That is gonna be a bum killer! Lol!
    People happily sat through the likes of Titanic and the LOTR films. They'll sit through this...repeatedly.
    People happily sat through the likes of Titanic and the LOTR films. They'll sit through this...repeatedly.

I will happily be one of them. lol!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I will happily be one of them. lol!

Count me in.

Are you sure Disney isn’t paying you
    Their health & dental plan and benefits package is second to none.

Yeah but I really enjoyed those films the last one I saw on bluray and that was enough for me. So I'll send my daughter who is a fan, I'll watch it on bluray.
    With all the weakness I found in IW, I can´t say the film drags in any way. Time flies by, and I expect Nothing else from EG.

I watched Titanic and the LOTR trilogy at the cinema irrespective of my opinion on the former they were all event films, the running time never bothers me for an event film.

I watched Dances with Wolves at the cinema the run time did not factor as it was a brilliant cinematic experience.
    I watched Titanic and the LOTR trilogy at the cinema irrespective of my opinion on the former they were all event films, the running time never bothers me for an event film.

I watched Dances with Wolves at the cinema the run time did not factor as it was a brilliant cinematic experience.

+1
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have recently re-watched the 4-hour cut of Dances With Wolves and it still wasn't dull or one of those "how much longer is it?" movies. Brilliance transcends the necessity of concise storytelling and editing. I have sat through 90-minute films that felt like a never-ending endurance test, and likewise have I experienced 3-hour long movies that still left me wanting more.
    Some films you watch some films you experience, and when experiencing greatness time blurs and you tend to not want the film to end.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I have recently re-watched the 4-hour cut of Dances With Wolves and it still wasn't dull or one of those "how much longer is it?" movies. Brilliance transcends the necessity of concise storytelling and editing. I have sat through 90-minute films that felt like a never-ending endurance test, and likewise have I experienced 3-hour long movies that still left me wanting more.

Yeah, the four hour cut is the way to go with that one. Absolute class film making right there
    orville-endgame-promo-art.jpg
    Now this is more like it!