The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    192988_large.jpg

mmm, looks interesting. Let us know what it's like once you watched it.

Will do I have pre ordered it the UK release is Feb 5th, I have not read the source material so happy I am going in blind, love most things set in that time period.
    Logan (2017) - Blu-Ray/DVD combo for less than 20 bucks. Not bad. Getting all those good films from 2017 will not be fun for the wallet.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    192988_large.jpg
    Saw a digital version.

I didn't see that "shocker" coming.

While I liked the movie...
    I won't forgive them for making Commission Gordon the alter ego of Jack The Ripper. Why the departure from the source material? Seriously!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    192988_large.jpg
    Saw a digital version.

I won't forgive them for making Commission Gordon the alter ego of Jack The Ripper. Why the departure from the source material? Seriously!

Not watched it yet it's not released until early Feb just pre ordered it.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    192988_large.jpg
    Saw a digital version.

It's available on Digital Download. But, it'll come out in February on BluRay.
    192988_large.jpg
    Saw a digital version.

I have bought a few digital copies of DC films then end up getting the Bluray as well, trying to be more economical ;) I still like Blurays as I see them as ornaments.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    192988_large.jpg
    Saw a digital version.

I have bought a few digital copies of DC films then end up getting the Bluray as well, trying to be more economical ;) I still like Blurays as I see them as ornaments.
    I couldn't resist getting it, because I love the comic (even though there are vastly dramatic changes from the source material). I'll be buying it on BluRay, as well. :D
    Picked up Drive (2011) - a film I really liked.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Should I get the steelbook for BR2049 if it’s 8$ more than the reguler blu ray. Is it worth it? I mean I like the film and the steelbook looks awesome but is it a good value for money?
    I personally never buy steelbooks. They’re nice, but I always save money and just go with standard DVD or Blu-Ray/DVD combo sets.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 17,295
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I personally never buy steelbooks. They’re nice, but I always save money and just go with standard DVD or Blu-Ray/DVD combo sets.

What is the thing about steelbooks, really? A few extra features?
    Not really sure. I just assumed the look and special case.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,395
    Should I get the steelbook for BR2049 if it’s 8$ more than the reguler blu ray. Is it worth it? I mean I like the film and the steelbook looks awesome but is it a good value for money?

I would say yes though I have about 20 steelbooks, though I have multiple versions of many films my advice may not be the best lol

I display mine like ornaments because the ones I own have good art work.

I would say yes though I have about 20 steelbooks, though I have multiple versions of many films my advice may not be the best lol

So, more as a decorative piece more than for the content?

Pretty much, I bought the steelbook's of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions recently the content is exactly the same as my Matrix Trilogy Boxset though the art is good. My movie room is a bit of a Aladins Cave when it comes to the movies and memorabilia I have. Cinema has been a hobby since youth, my collection is vast I am running out of space ;))
  • I believe in most—all?—cases the content is the same. It’s just the packaging. And it’s just a form of plastic, not really metal. So it’s cosmetic. For display purposes. Some of the artwork can look quite nice. I only own two steelbooks and I got them when the prices were the same as the standard versions so it made no difference to me. I’m not sure I’m crazy enough about steelbooks vs. standard to want to pay extra for the packaging.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Couldn't care less about steelbooks. I buy for the actual content, so if the content is the same there's no reason to pay extra for a cover I'll never see.

Pretty much, I bought the steelbook's of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions recently the content is exactly the same as my Matrix Trilogy Boxset though the art is good. My movie room is a bit of a Aladins Cave when it comes to the movies and memorabilia I have. Cinema has been a hobby since youth, my collection is vast I am running out of space ;))

I see. Do like nice packaging, but spending more on an edition with a stylish cover isn't something I'll do. However, displaying a steelbook cover might look better than displaying the usual ones. Tend to hide my movie collection in a sideboard with doors. Guess steelbooks are more displayable!

Space is an issue with my movie collection, too. Might need to get rid of some movies soon. :-/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I see. Do like nice packaging, but spending more on an edition with a stylish cover isn't something I'll do. However, displaying a steelbook cover might look better than displaying the usual ones. Tend to hide my movie collection in a sideboard with doors. Guess steelbooks are more displayable!

Space is an issue with my movie collection, too. Might need to get rid of some movies soon. :-/

What movies do you wish to sell?

What movies do you wish to sell?

Oh, I haven't given it any thought. Most likely some bad comedies I haven't bother to watch again after first viewing.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,395
    91gS6+2qTiL._RI_SX200_.jpg

HD Download

My Bond HD Download collection so far...
    DN
    FRWL
    GF
    TB
    YOLT
    OHMSS
    DAF
    LALD
    TMWTGG
    CR
    SF
    SP
    NSNA

And also bought...

81Opu0ZzybL._SX342_.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I just ordered the Dirty Harry/Magnum Force Blu-ray combo pack. Like other series, such as Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, the first two are classics and what followed a bit hit and miss.
    Yep!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2018 Posts: 4,447
    30 January 2018 on BD for € 3,00.

1002004011342744.jpg
    I am number four (2011)
    This,on DVD and digital download,through SKY :

kingsmangallery.jpg
    That's right. It's "James Bod on laughing gas."
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

What does that even mean? Does it mean it's a lot of crap?! Think I'll give it a miss, saw a clip the other day and it had Dame Elton John in it FFS!

What does that even mean? Does it mean it's a lot of crap?! Think I'll give it a miss, saw a clip the other day and it had Dame Elton John in it FFS!

I thought that but when I watched it I thoroughly enjoyed it...seen it twice so far,and Elton is actually very good in it !

Got Blade Runner 2049 as a birthday gift. Awesome; one of my new favorites, and certainly among the best film sequels out there.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited February 2018 Posts: 1,874
    The Dogs of War (1980) dir. John Irvin. DVD 99p from a YMCA charity shop!
    Not seen this in a long while. Remember me and my mates going to the Torquay Odeon to see it. The box office girls had some freebies, and gave us a soft peaked camo cap with the Dogs of War logo printed on it each. Still got mine somewhere. There were some T-shirts the BO girls kept them!