The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Oh that's a good one, @CraterGuns!
    Probably the last good film by Argento... After '87, his films rapidly declined in quality. (Unfortunately.)

It. Probably my favorite film of 2017 - absolutely loved it. I'll probably request Blade Runner 2049 as a birthday present. I won't be buying a lot of movies this year due to financial constraints, but I'm pretty happy with the collection I've built up.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    And this last one, I know that @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 will approve of...

51FNYPMASVL._SY445_.jpg
    A wise purchase, @MajorDSmythe. I look forward with great interest to your thoughts and how you feel Bogart stacks up to Mitch. A fun film to watch because even those who made it had little idea what the hell was going on in it. It's most famous and more revered for Bogart and Bacall's chemistry, a real powerhouse of a force.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    First Bluray of 2018:

Bloodties (2013) € 5,00.
    9200000027379596.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    81TEA24ZOCL._SL1500_.jpg
    AND
    91VuHY0CPmL._SX342_.jpg

Upgrades were necessary... ;)
    BD-
    The lady vanishes (Hitchcock)
    St Elmo's fire
    The professionals series 1
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SaintMark wrote: »
    BD-
    Excellent film bought it along with The 39 Steps on Bluray a few years ago, Hitchcock knew how to create incredible atmosphere.

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    BD-

Is that the Network release? I have the Young and Innocent release and it is fantastic. Great film.
    BD-
    St Elmo's fire
    The professionals series 1
    BD-

Is that the Network release? I have the Young and Innocent release and it is fantastic. Great film.

It is indeed the network release, a bit bare-bones when it comes to extra's. As a movie both this one and the 39 steps are brilliant early Hitchcock work.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    JL-UHD-1.jpeg?ssl=1

Pre ordered.
    BD-
    Excellent film bought it along with The 39 Steps on Bluray a few years ago, Hitchcock knew how to create incredible atmosphere.

Agree, it is brilliant.
    BD-

Agree, it is brilliant.

I keep meaning to get The Young and Innocent on Bluray also, I have alot of Hitch on BD though still many films to get, Hitch's output was incredible.
    JL-UHD-1.jpeg?ssl=1

Pre ordered.

Only you and I will be getting this, apparently. Everyone else seems to hate it... ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Count me in, as well, gents!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    JL-UHD-1.jpeg?ssl=1

Pre ordered.

Only you and I will be getting this, apparently. Everyone else seems to hate it... ;)

I am mixed about JL though I am sure in time I'll like it more, it has one of the best scenes of the genre, I buy every Comic book film adaption, I own all the Fantastic 4 films on Bluray so I am dedicated ;)
    Count me in, as well, gents!
    We are the few here... ;)
    BD-

Agree, it is brilliant.

I keep meaning to get The Young and Innocent on Bluray also, I have alot of Hitch on BD though still many films to get, Hitch's output was incredible.

I have the Network boxset The British Years which also o has Y&I, but the DVD is lousy with DNR. The blu-ray is fantastic, a lovely film-grain image that looks just great.
    I know a lot think of Young and Innocent as a minor entry for Hitch, but absolutely love it, so getting the BD was a no-brainer. Recommended.
    BD-

Agree, it is brilliant.

I have the Network boxset The British Years which also o has Y&I, but the DVD is lousy with DNR. The blu-ray is fantastic, a lovely film-grain image that looks just great.
    I know a lot think of Young and Innocent as a minor entry for Hitch, but absolutely love it, so getting the BD was a no-brainer. Recommended.

I have The Young and Innocent on dvd also it's not great as you say, it's mainly Hitch's pre Hollywood films I have to upgrade to Bluray, I look now and then though some prices can be steep. My all time favourite film is Foreign Correspondent though I have only found foreign Blurays and I suspect it will just be the dvd version on Bluray, I hope they do a restoration of that film.
    11371_front.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Big buying spree for me
    D Ali g show- dvd
    (Rest blu ray)
    The Wolf of Wall Street steelbook
    Lawrence of Arabia steelbook
    Ten Commandments
    There will be blood
    Atomic blonde
    The hateful 8
    Forrest Gump
    Dunkirk
    Kingsman 2
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    JL-UHD-1.jpeg?ssl=1

Pre ordered.

I hated it but will still get it. My DC collection will be incomplete with out it.
    JL-UHD-1.jpeg?ssl=1

Pre ordered.

I hated it but will still get it. My DC collection will be incomplete with out it.

These basterds have gotten you by the balls then?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Affairs Of Susan (1945)
    Suspicion (1941)
    Berlin Express (1948)
    The Divorce Of Lady X (1938)
    Reach For The Sky (1956)
    The Colditz Story (1955)
    Mother (2017)
    Leatherface (2017)
    @MajorDSmythe have you watched mother!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe have you watched mother!

Not yet, but i've heard that it's a mind bender.
    @MajorDSmythe It’s incredible, you are in for a really great experience
    192988_large.jpg
    192988_large.jpg

mmm, looks interesting. Let us know what it's like once you watched it.
    Wonder Woman (2017)
    The Night Train Murders (1975) - both on blu-ray