Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,630
    How I wished the gunbarrel looked (GB designed by me)

skyfallgunbarrel.png
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    It's pretty pathetic when the average fan can knock up an infinitely superior GB than so called professional graphic designers.

Sterling work AgentJamesBond007. And the annoying thing is it's such simple thing to get right.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Looked fine for me, better than in QOS, and I did not mind having it at the end...
  • video of the gb yet?
  • I was thinking over about the gun barrel sequence. For me, it fits if they put it in the beginning.

Gunbarrel > open screen > Bond appearing

It could have been this way.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    video of the gb yet?
    :D
    <object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cq0RIneH1qc?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cq0RIneH1qc?version=3&hl=en_US"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I was worried for the gunbarrel being at the end of the film. But I watched it last night and it fits perfectly with the introduction of Miss Moneypenny, M and the new/old office, and the Bond theme climax. Amazing stuff, the whole cinema started applauding and cheering!
  • Bond wrote:
    OwenDavian wrote:
    video of the gb yet?
    :D
    <object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cq0RIneH1qc?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cq0RIneH1qc?version=3&hl=en_US"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That is going to get removed REAL fast.
  • I like the pose he does in the first take better than the one they went with...

• tqbtqb
    I like it
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    The CGI bullet needs to return! After all, it's another anniversary!

Just kidding. :)

Shame. I think that the CGI Bullet was cool. Guess that's just me. But, Die Another Day was a freaking awful movie.

• You know SKYFALL is a great Bond film, and now I don't care if the Gun-barrel is at the beginning or the end, whatever suits the story.The reason it jarred in QOS was that the film that proceeded it SUCKED. But, if you dont have a care about a story in Bond , you can put in all the gadgets , invisible cars , and pander to the Gun-barrel mafia. SKYFALL proves the filmmakers know what they are doing, and have brought Bond Back. Its like those Craigs Not Bond pedants...still whinning "Oh please get any ham with an equity card to play bond...as long as he's got dark hair"....
  • Sam Mendes wanted the gun-barrel at the beginning ...but with that opening shot...it just didn't work.
  • Wonder why they have the music timing off. :/
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Better quality :)

• A new rendition of the Bond theme would have been nice instead of the CR one. :)
  • tqbtqb
    I haven't seen it yet in theaters, but I don't think it looks all that bad. I think the biggest issue is the blood comes down very quickly.
  • It is bad. Trust me. Too fast, disassociated with the Bond theme and horrible design. Truly poor. At least the film itself was good.

Easy to fix for Bond 24. Slower pace, decent score and put the thing at the bloody start. Simples.
  • gt007 wrote:
    I was worried for the gunbarrel being at the end of the film. But I watched it last night and it fits perfectly with the introduction of Miss Moneypenny, M and the new/old office, and the Bond theme climax. Amazing stuff, the whole cinema started applauding and cheering!

Really? The two times I've been, most the cinema was on its way out the door before Craig even started his walk. I know plenty of others who had the same experience. Just proves that it is completely redundant at the end and lacks all the punch it's very creation was intended to deliver.

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Fitzochris wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

Really? The two times I've been, most the cinema was on its way out the door before Craig even started his walk. I know plenty of others who had the same experience. Just proves that it is completely redundant at the end and lacks all the punch it's very creation was intended to deliver.
    That's not even possible. There isn't enough time for someone to be on their way out before the gunbarrel starts. And if your cinema turns on the lights before the gunbarrel, tell them not to, the movie isn't over yet.
    gt007 wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

That's not even possible. There isn't enough time for someone to be on their way out before the gunbarrel starts. And if your cinema turns on the lights before the gunbarrel, tell them not to, the movie isn't over yet.

When I seen it they weren't literally out the door but more than half were on their feet and weren't even looking at the screen
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    ^^Same here.
    I wasn't able to see James Bond will return.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    gt007 wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

I agree, nobody was preparing to get out when the gunbarrel showed up in my session. In fact there were cheers when Bond 50th anniversary and Bond will return appeared! Most people stayed seated for some time afterwards and started leaving around the time the cast list was ending.
    The gunbarrel was awful. I loved the film. Skyfall is genious. But that gunbarrel is just awful. No muzzle flash. No timing. Rotten design. Stupid pose. Awful all around. No impact whatsoever. My opinion, of course. Again, Skyfall was wonderful.
    I thought the gunbarrel was just perfect and it's place at the end!
  • gt007 wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    i

It is possible because it happened. People were out of their seats as soon as the screen went black.
  • OwenDavian wrote:
    Wonder why they have the music timing off. :/
    I think it's because the theme starts at the end of the film and continues into the gunbarrel so it's not really synced.
  • I don't think it's going to back back at the beginning as long as Daniel Craig is still Bond. There's no way it makes sense at the end of the film. It's inclusion at the beginning of a Bond film never had anything to do with the story. Trying to justify its place at the end doesn't work.
    @SuitedBond

From interviews with Barbara and others it seems likely it will return to the beginning, and given the way Skyfall ends it seems quite likely that it will be back in the next film, to signify a return to traditional formula.
  • Bond wrote:
    @SuitedBond

...and given the way Skyfall ends it seems quite likely that it will be back in the next film, to signify a return to traditional formula.

Wasn't that what everyone was saying about this film?