The MI6 Community Username Origins Thread

Comments

• Dragonpol wrote: »
    I like that line, it's one of the rare occasions when in a Bond film pop culture gets mentioned. Not sure if it's even done again.

Mickey Mouse.

Superman.

Dick Tracy (AVTAK).

The Empire Strikes Back
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock is the last name of my character Bruce Murdock from a movie I've been writing and wanting to make for a few years now.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I like that line, it's one of the rare occasions when in a Bond film pop culture gets mentioned. Not sure if it's even done again.

Mickey Mouse.

Superman.

Dick Tracy (AVTAK).

Barbra Streisand.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Barry Manilow
    That s who I meant. I got them confused.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That s who I meant. I got them confused.

It's easy to do.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Yes Barry looks a lot like Barbara...
    Yes Barry looks a lot like Barbara...

Well they are both women. Easy mistake to make.
    And the music is exactly the same.
    And the music is exactly the same.

So they tell me. Never bothered to listen to any of it.

The-Living-Daylights-James-Bond-Moneypenny-Timothy-Dalton-Caroline-Bliss.png

• LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    edited December 2016 Posts: 167
    Lord Brett Sinclair...now guess ha ha!

I post this then you know.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKhukE8XF1E"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I played Lord Brett Sinclair as kid a lot :)
  • Lord Brett Sinclair...now guess ha ha!

I post this then you know.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKhukE8XF1E"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I played Lord Brett Sinclair as kid a lot :)

Great show I used to have the Persuaders soundtrack on vinyl, another great Barry theme.

• LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    @fire_and_ice

I still have it, the French version of it, later got the German version too and other versions. Collected them.
  • @fire_and_ice

I still have it, the French version of it, later got the German version too and other versions. Collected them.
    I gave away all my vinyl years ago, though have many John Barry compilation CDs and Digital Downloads. Not watched The Persuaders for maybe fifteen years, may see if I can finding on any streaming service.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Very big fan of The Persuaders!. I basically love everything about it.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Very big fan of The Persuaders!. I basically love everything about it.

Found it on Amazon Instant Video for £12.99 for the full season only in standard definition though don't think it will ever get HD treatment. Also found something called Persuaders: The Switch, never heard of it appears to be a movie?

Edited: found the series on Blu Ray may buy it new year.

@fire_and_ice: I don't think it has a movie adaptation. It was planned back in '05 with Ben Stiller as Danny Wilde and Hugh Grant as Lord Brett Sinclair. But, nothing came out of it. Stiller, apparently, is still attached as a producer.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 3,000
    According to Wikipedia, ITC re-edited several episodes into TV movies for the American market;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Persuaders!#Reception
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    @fire_and_ice: I don't think it has a movie adaptation. It was planned back in '05 with Ben Stiller as Danny Wilde and Hugh Grant as Lord Brett Sinclair. But, nothing came out of it. Stiller, apparently, is still attached as a producer.

Looks like The Switch is a few episodes merged together based on a review I read, a bit cheeky lots of shows from that period did that.

Cheers @BMW_with_missiles

Stiller would be a good choice if we got Starsky and Hutch Stiller

I was such a Persuaders fan I had to visit a friend s house every week, as his family had the channel it aired on. Caught a couple of episodes in the cinema in the late 80s, and realized it wasn t all that great.
    Come on, Thundy. How can Persuaders not be great?
    The two episodes shown in the theater weren t. Maybe they picked the worst? I honestly don t remember much about the rest.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Recently watched an old Persuaders episode " Chain of events" with a few Bond connections.
    Sir Roger and George Baker, one scene had a case full of James Bond Books is shown. With the
    Film tie in of OHMSS very prominent, ....... The episode was directed by Peter Hunt.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm curious to hear the origins behind the usernames of our many new recruits.
    I accidentally switched up the letters and the rest is history
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Haha!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm a big fan of Sixties spy spoof sitcom Get Smart, without which I might never have got into Bond.

So I named myself after the lovely Agent 99, because I've wanted to be 99 since I was eleven. Er, let me rephrase that...

6f3e00d64a72d0e0dc67f6ee8e10377a.jpg
    Agent 99 (centre)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I prefer the 99s that come with a Flake !.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I was going to be agent 69, but thought it was too much of a mouthful. ;)
  • 007ClassicBondFan

I chose this username because my most watched Bond movies are between 1962-1981, all the classics imho