The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    That snowman is licensed to chill.
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    @BondJasonBond006 's Aston Martin Vanquish.
    full.jpg
    @BondJasonBond006 's Aston Martin Vanquish.
    full.jpg

Does he really have one?!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I bet it's just a company car.
    I bet it's just a company car.

I'd still be happy with it!
    The answer to that question is, yes, he really has one.
    There's a clue in that picture though, maybe @BMW_with_missiles can help ha ha...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited December 2017 Posts: 16,331
    Hello everyone. Saint Murdock here. I've got some tidbits for you all. As many of you know, I'm a bit of a collector when it comes to Bond artwork. Especially textless art. And I happen to be a huge fan of the 90's VHS/ Special Edition cover artwork for the Bond films. Over the years I've found 95% of that source artwork completely clean and textless. Though their were a couple I couldn't find sadly and that would be the UK versions of TMWTGG and Octopussy. However, thanks to the fine website http://www.007homevideo.com I was able to find some excellent scans of the VHS boxes themselves. And with a little bit of elbow grease and determination, I worked hard to make these textless cover artworks to add to my collection and I wish to share them with you. Happy holidays everyone. :)

U1GwiQGl.jpg
    vylpysWl.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those are great!
    Thanks @Thunderfinger. :D
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - I'll take the 30th of December if that's ok. Cheers
    Great stuff, @Murdock. I've always liked those covers too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Murodck, I love the vintage look of those! I could totally see them being used back in the day for the covers of the Bond VHS tapes.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - I'll take the 30th of December if that's ok. Cheers
    @Major_Boothroyd, got you marked down for it. :)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, They were used as covers. I didn't recreate them. I just removed the text and logos from them. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They were mostly used for UK editions but I have a copy of both films with those covers.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, They were used as covers. I didn't recreate them. I just removed the text and logos from them. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They were mostly used for UK editions but I have a copy of both films with those covers.

No need to apologize, @Murdock, the confusion was on my side. I must have skimmed the text where you explained where you got the images and jumped to the conclusion you'd made them yourself after reading your last sentence.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Saint Murdock here. I've got some tidbits for you all. As many of you know, I'm a bit of a collector when it comes to Bond artwork. Especially textless art. And I happen to be a huge fan of the 90's VHS/ Special Edition cover artwork for the Bond films. Over the years I've found 95% of that source artwork completely clean and textless. Though their were a couple I couldn't find sadly and that would be the UK versions of TMWTGG and Octopussy. However, thanks to the fine website http://www.007homevideo.com I was able to find some excellent scans of the VHS boxes themselves. And with a little bit of elbow grease and determination, I worked hard to make these textless cover artworks to add to my collection and I wish to share them with you. Happy holidays everyone. :)

U1GwiQGl.jpg
    vylpysWl.jpg

Fantastic work @Murdock ! On a side note, Moore looks very scared of those plants; "Come any closer and I'll shoot you, you leafy bastards."
    @BMW_with_missiles, he must be in the Garden of Death. ;)
    A couple of years back when I was in college I made a final project in one of my photography classes revolve around Christmas and Christmas lighting, and after thinking about those photos and finding them in my old folders tucked away on my laptop I thought I'd share them for the holiday.

They're pictures I look back on more critically now, as I was using a poorer camera at the time and while I purposefully shot the photos and manipulated the device to shoot the lights in a way that created a sort of surreal, blurry effect, they don't really stand up to some of what I've done since. Still, I like the sort of mood they carry and the warmth of the heavy orange hues that are in them.

lW7VPGG.jpg
    KArXhl6.jpg
    NrVAtK3.jpg
    DwyvV5r.jpg
    PU6no2n.jpg
    GHvfkQ5.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Very pretty.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Yes! I love Christmas lights and I like the 'drive-by' feel here.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Yes! I love Christmas lights and I like the 'drive-by' feel here.

@Agent_99, "drive-by" is a great way of putting it. On the second picture those red and yellow lines that flash by across the frame were actually the lights of a speeding vehicle passing by as I took the photo, creating an interesting travel of light effect.

I did another project in photography class where I used my camera to capture light as I waved a flashlight around my darkened room to create interesting light effects where you could actually see the path the flashlight took by how I'd manipulated the camera to take the photos. I'll have to share them in my art thread here as some of them are quite unnerving and "creepy" while others are more fantastical.
    Do you feature? Or is it just your light?

Yes, I'm in them. In some of them I'm moving my head with the light, and a lot of weird photos emerged from that, like I had two or three faces or was a ghostly figure. The photos truly are unnerving.

Yes, I'm in them. In some of them I'm moving my head with the light, and a lot of weird photos emerged from that, like I had two or three faces or was a ghostly figure. The photos truly are unnerving.

Ooh, I enjoy unnerving things. You should post them
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I hope someone watched the damned things!

Yes, and they were very interesting. Thank you, @Birdleson.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Thank you. Sorry for demanding an audience, but I thought it all went together nicely.

It certainly did. I meant to leave a comment yesterday anyhow.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great work, @Birdleson It's always great to see that The Man Who Would Be King clip.

From my friend @Jaime_Lazo in Archivo 007:

DRCUn1AXUAMKbLc.jpg

Merry Christmas!
    I've watched it too @Birdleson
    The clip from The Saint is amazing. It's like Live and Let Die foreseen!
    Fascinating how it's all connected.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 2,005
    That is great. It doesn't matter how Roger's movies are placed in my Bond ranking. He's my favorite to watch.
    All his films are about pure entertainment, fun, humor, witty one-liners. His interactions with Q are my favorites too. Same for M. Moneypenny was too perfect with Sean, but with Roger she's slightly different, like Roger's Bond is.
    He's the most unique of all Bonds too, at least it feels that way for me.

My contribution to the Christmas thread is this:

Jase made a series of pictures yesterday and we put a collage of them on facebook. It warms my heart and I'm deeply moved by the many reactions, some of them outrageously funny which will be right up Jase's alley.
    When the time is right, I'll show it to him.

As you can see he's posing in front of his wonderful, framed Bond movie poster prints. So I think, it fits to post it here.
    My personal Christmas gift is seeing him recover faster and better than we ever hoped for. The mental and physical challenges remain but he's surrounded by love.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MI6-Community, you are all wonderful.

full.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great, @Andi1996Ruegg !!! Best pictures you could post!!

All the best for @BondJasonBond006
    This has absolutely nothing to do with Bond, but I just love this creepy stalkerish version of the Mariah Carey classic "All I Want For Christmas"!