The great MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hello, World!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Hello, World!

...you crazy little circle!

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Happy New Year! I'm so glad I found you all.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Happy New Year! I'm so glad I found you all.

We're equally glad to have you here! :)
    Have a Happy, healthy and safe 2017 all my fellow Bond fans!!! <:-P
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Thanks for creating the thread Jason - and thanks to all the contributors. I've just clocked back into the site after a week on holiday and it has been great catching up on everyone's posts. Wish all my fellow 00s a very happy new year. Here's to more bond discussion and discoveries in 2017!
    Any interest in reviving this thread again for Christmas 2017?
    I loved tuning into this everyday last year and would be delighted if this was an annual tradition.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Any interest in reviving this thread again for Christmas 2017?
    I loved tuning into this everyday last year and would be delighted if this was an annual tradition.

Agreed. Good fun. I'm keen to take a day or two!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @TR007, announcements regarding this thread will be coming in the weeks ahead, so do stay tuned. There is every intention of keeping things going.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Good idea just read through some of last year's posts, very positive thread
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Absolutely. Great idea, and a great fun thread
    Shall I get the ball rolling on this and start planning the calendar or are there already plans afoot for this?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Actually - Brady will be doing this great thread this year. :) @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Thanks for mentioning, @TR007.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 12,459
    Brady and I had just discussed this recently as it is Jason's thread. I'd really like Brady to be in charge of it this year year, in Jason's honor of course. I hope that is okay with everyone. First post would I assume be December 1st. I'll chime in from time to time, but Brady can be here every day. :) Sure, we all choose a day to do ... so we all contribute. I am late for work, so I'll let Brady jump in here soon ...
    @4EverBonded , @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 That's no problem at all. Really looking forward to this! :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Alright folks, just wanted to make an initial and official post on the Advent Calendar about what's going to be happening.

As @4EverBonded said, it was suggested I pick things up in Jason's absence and run it for this year while we await for his return. I know he'd appreciate everyone coming together and sharing some memories, stories and laughs, so I'm happy to do it and I'm always around to update it if need be as people pick the dates. There's no need to fix what isn't broken, so the thread will run the same as last year according to Jason's own rules, which are these:
    Soon the advent season begins and therefore Christmas isn't that far away either and before you can say James Bond we'll have 2017.

I would like this to be a place where we can make Christmas greetings (to each other) talk about the Christmas season, what it means to you, if you connect it with something Bond or whatever comes to mind.

From December 1st to December 31st this will also be an Advent Calendar
    On each of those days clips about something Bond will be posted. Furthermore photos, articles or whatever comes to mind.

I would like this to be a shared experience, so maybe we can get volunteers that would be willing to post something on a given day. Of course I would start it off on December 1st. I'd say the first 25 that come forward can have one of the Advent calendar days. If there should be more than 25 we can expand it beyond the 25th. Nobody should be left out.

I feel after this year we can all use a bit of friendship, a place to support to each other and have some fun. Thank you for your time and best regards.

From Switzerland With Love,
    Jason Stephen Bond.
    The system will run the same, with each member picking one or two dates (we'll see as participation is gauged) from each of the available days in December, on which they will share something related to the season that may or may not have a Bond connection attached to it. I know that a lot of posts last year had a certain variety to them, so anyone can share whatever they deem relevant and important to their experiences of Christmas.

Without further ado, we've got four days until December kicks off, so members can pick what dates they want right now. I think it'd be best if we first had people pick the dates from the 1st to the 10th, just so we have the first part of December cleared up and know who's going to take the lead into the later weeks of the month. I would also suggest that people only pick one date for now, with a chance to have another date later if needed simply so that everyone who wants to contribute has a chance to do so.

Here's the full list of dates, which will be updated as each day is chosen:

December 1st:
    December 2nd:
    December 3rd: @PropertyOfALady
    December 4th:
    December 5th: @TR007
    December 6th:
    December 7th: @Major_Boothroyd
    December 8th:
    December 9th: @Agent_99
    December 10th:
    December 11th:
    December 12th:
    December 13th:
    December 14th:
    December 15th: @Shark_0f_Largo
    December 16th:
    December 17th:
    December 18th:
    December 19th:
    December 20th:
    December 21st:
    December 22nd:
    December 23rd:
    December 24th: @4EverBonded
    December 25th:
    December 26th:
    December 27th:
    December 28th:
    December 29th:
    December 30th:
    New Year's Eve:

The list will be harder to update as the thread picks up steam because I can't edit the initial post, considering I wasn't the creator of it. So to make up for it I'll simply repost the calendar to every new page just so we always have an idea of who is next up.

That's all for now, so by all means have at it, for Jason!

Brady
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'll do the third.
    I'll take the 7th
    I'll take the 5th please.
    I'd like Dec. 24th please. Thanks, Brady!
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I'll go for the 15th if I may?
    Shall I take the 9th? Seems appropriate.
    That leaves the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th for the first round of dates. I'd be in the debt of anyone who wanted to clear those up, especially the earlier ones, as the start of the new month is coming.

I may have to end up taking an early one, though I don't really know what I'd do on that date at this point.
    I have no idea what I'm doing either. I'm sure something will occur to me, probably at the eleventh hour...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I'll take Friday 1st I have a few ideas already, ill rustle something up at work over the next few nights.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Thanks, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

Here's the list for the new page:

December 1st: @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    December 2nd:
    December 3rd: @PropertyOfALady
    December 4th:
    December 5th: @TR007
    December 6th:
    December 7th: @Major_Boothroyd
    December 8th:
    December 9th: @Agent_99
    December 10th:
    December 11th:
    December 12th:
    December 13th:
    December 14th: @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    December 15th: @Shark_0f_Largo
    December 16th:
    December 17th: @Birdleson
    December 18th:
    December 19th:
    December 20th:
    December 21st:
    December 22nd:
    December 23rd:
    December 24th: @4EverBonded
    December 25th: @Dragonpol
    December 26th:
    December 27th:
    December 28th:
    December 29th:
    December 30th:
    New Year's Eve:
    No problem all finished mine is ready to go @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,562
    December 1st

Christmas greeting from Sir Roger what a great man...

This is a UNICEF short from 2004 in which Sir Roger voiced Father Christmas in the cartoon The Fly Who Loved Me
    jim_beam_sean_connery_007_xmas.jpg

One of my favourite Beatles Songs taken from the Album George Martin ‎– In My Life, sung by Sir Sean... The irony... no earmuffs needed this is epic!

Funny sketch with Daniel Craig from Saturday Night Live one of my favourite shows.

I have never seen this Christmas trailer before.

I got one of these slow loaders for Christmas back in the Dark Ages, all the games were terrible on that computer, assuming you could get the games to work.

Another madcap escapade with the hapless Basildon Bond A James Bond parody from my youth.

A winter themed track from John Barry Get Lost Jack Frost amusing title, I collected every John Barry Cassette and LP I could when younger, my parents often bought me John Barry compilation Albums at Christmas.

This is pretty cool.

Sir Roger on a Dame Edna Christmas Special, that is some jumper.

How did they get way with this :))

Funnily enough as I was typing this an advert for a Roger Moore Bond season on ITV4 appeared on the TV, it starts 9pm Monday 4th December for UK viewers ;)
    ...finally Sir Roger sings us into the month of Christmas a rare recording from 1959 to get us all in the mood for the festive period... Sir Sean and Sir Roger take the same approach when it comes to singing ;)

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!
    I will do December 25th this time.