Challenge the Count

Comments

*chomping on a hot dog,loving this*..shit,spilt some ketchup down my shirt....ah well.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In this instance find it largely irrelevant. If something's shit it's shit.

The fact it's shit for 30 seconds or 3 minutes doesn't make a lot of difference. I suppose if it went on for two hours it might be pertinent.

But I think duration can at best only be used as a tie breaker in scenes of equal shitness. And you have yet to demonstrate a scene which sinks to a similar low as the one in question.

Easy.
    TSWLM.
    When Bond and XXX are jettisoned out of the underwater station in that speed boat.
    Looks like a scene of bloody Team America. Puppets in a toy boat.
    That's far more serious a crime than a CGI tsunami.
    But yes, it's three seconds only compared to 30 of the tsunami.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117

The fact it's shit for 30 seconds or 3 minutes doesn't make a lot of difference. I suppose if it went on for two hours it might be pertinent.

But I think duration can at best only be used as a tie breaker in scenes of equal shitness. And you have yet to demonstrate a scene which sinks to a similar low as the one in question.

Easy.
    TSWLM.
    When Bond and XXX are jettisoned out of the underwater station in that speed boat.

Yeah good luck going down that route mate.

Sticking the boot into Derek Meddings rather than a smug Kiwi bint who thinks she's at the cutting edge of CGI with her icebergs that float in the water with 'convincing' density.

It appears as though, just like Indy in TLC, @Comte has 'chosen wisely' in his selection of judge.

I'm not from Switzerland but in the rest of the civilised world a judge is supposed to be impartial not start sticking his oar in on one side or the other.

Therefore I restate my earlier position that I do not recognise @BondJasonBond006's authority.
    *reaching for the popcorn...*

Easy.
    TSWLM.

That never bothered me. Granted, that shot is dodgy. Had those three seconds been trimmed, and cut straight to Bond, Anya and Naomi speeding along in the water the scene would work fine. I think it works anyway. It's just their journey to see Stromberg.
    The CGI Tsunami Bullshit scene fails and is so utterly offensive because the parachute surfing is the pay off. That's the climax to the build up of Bond being trapped on the cliff. It's like a joke with an awful punchline. The CGI Tsunami Bullshit is supposed to be cool, induce audience cheering and make Pierce look like the bad ass he is. Instead it unforgivably fails on ALL levels. I'd say this is a excellent challenge to find an action scene in a Bond film that has even less redeeming values.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Easy.
    TSWLM.

That never bothered me. Granted, that shot is dodgy. Had those three seconds been trimmed, and cut straight to Bond, Anya and Naomi speeding along in the water the scene would work fine. I think it works anyway. It's just their journey to see Stromberg.
    The CGI Tsunami Bullshit scene fails and is so utterly offensive because the parachute surfing is the pay off. That's the climax to the build up of Bond being trapped on the cliff. It's like a joke with an awful punchline. The CGI Tsunami Bullshit is supposed to be cool, induce audience cheering and make Pierce look like the bad ass he is. Instead it unforgivably fails on ALL levels. I'd say this is a excellent challenge to find an action scene in a Bond film that has even less redeeming values.

Nice one. Under the Count's spurious rules that's trolling so he's automatically won now.
    *grabbing a coke *

Easy.
    TSWLM.

Nice one. Under the Count's spurious rules that's trolling so he's automatically won now.

I wouldn't think so just yet. As it was a response to TSWLM example, which wasn't the Count's. I'd say the challenge would be to see if there actually IS an action scene in a Bond film that is even less redeeming than DAD's infamous CGI moment.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2016 Posts: 17,787

Easy.
    TSWLM.

I wouldn't think so just yet. As it was a response to TSWLM example, which wasn't the Count's. I'd say the challenge would be to see if there actually IS an action scene in a Bond film that is even less redeeming than DAD's infamous CGI moment.

How about Tiffany Case trying to shoot the men on the oil rig in DAF? Just pathetic that.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Easy.
    TSWLM.

How about Tiffany Case trying to shoot the men in DAF. Just pathetic that.

That was crap i must say...
    By the powers INvested IN ME by this parish, I hereby do commandeer this thread and all those persons within!

And that means YOU, smartasses!
    Then she falls off the rig. Supposed to be funny. I wonder if anyone laughed in the cinemas in 1971?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Then she falls off the rig. Supposed to be funny. I wonder if anyone laughed in the cinemas in 1971?

It's just too silly, even for a silly Bond film. Tiffany was built up as so much more too, that's the sad thing.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    After reading through this thread, and having a bloody good laugh whilst doing so, I have decided that it's currently far too amusing to close. However, despite what the OP has said, he cannot change the rules whenever he wants, nor can he appoint a member of his choice to be judge.
    Sorry @BondJasonBond006 I know you would do a fine job, but you cannot have one side of an argument decide who will pick who is right. It must be impartial.
    With all the responses regarding the opening question concerning the parasurfing scene in DAD, and a failure from @Comte_de_Bleuchamp to find a suitable or even credible film to match that proposed by @TheWizardOfIce I hereby decree this round won by
    @TheWizardOfIce

Next....
    I remember up until DAD with everyone's favorite scene pretty much thinking the MR gondola comic bit was the lowest point in the series as far as action/chase scenes and over emphasis on slapstick humor was concerned. I doubt Fleming would have found it funny. But still, the scene never really bothered me the way the Tsunami sequence does. I don't get the urge to skip it when watching the Blu-ray. I often feel like just popping DAD out altogether once we get to that moment.
    I accept it is the worst example of action, but it can't be the worst scene when it's only 30 seconds and you can step out the room and miss it.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs what part of stop spamming did you not understand.

I will contact the anonymous mod and report back with their answer.

I have to say this is quite possibly the worst argument I can recall seeing not only on this forum, but anywhere.
    Bond fan in cinema watching DAD in 2002 - "I can't take this is...urgghhhh."
    Non Bond fan friend - "It's okay, bit naff granted."
    Bond fan - "Right I'm off, this is an all time series low."
    Non Bond fan friend -"Tell you what, you wait outside, and I'll tell you when it's okay to come back in."
    Bond fan - "Brilliant. See you soon."
    Later...
    From the cinema lobby.
    Bond fan - "What happened, I've been waiting out here for 30 minutes."
    Friend - "It never recovered, there was an invisible car...a plane that caught fire...more bad effects and...well the credits."

If a Bond film has to rely on people excusing themselves because the film is clearly that bad, then it's that bad.
    The CGI parasurfing scene in DAD is unquestionably the absolute worse and most despised scene in the Bond series. Bar non.
    Something that was I believe the challenge.
    Anyway moving on...

Next challenger. Next challenge.

• Benny I don't care who you are, you don't get to commandeer this thread.

Judges are not self appointed and it sounds like you don't even understand what's going on.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Easy.
    TSWLM.

How about Tiffany Case trying to shoot the men on the oil rig in DAF? Just pathetic that.

In fairness to the Count it was established at the start that, for the purposes of the argument, action scenes could only be classed as such if they were over 20 seconds, hence brief moments such as the TSWLM speedboat and Tiffany shooting the machine gun are inadmissible no matter how shit they are.
    Benny wrote: »
    I accept it is the worst example of action, but it can't be the worst scene when it's only 30 seconds and you can step out the room and miss it.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs what part of stop spamming did you not understand.

I will contact the anonymous mod and report back with their answer.

I have to say this is quite possibly the worst argument I can recall seeing not only on this forum, but anywhere.
    Bond fan in cinema watching DAD in 2002 - "I can't take this is...urgghhhh."
    Non Bond fan friend - "It's okay, bit naff granted."
    Bond fan - "Right I'm off, this is an all time series low."
    Non Bond fan friend -"Tell you what, you wait outside, and I'll tell you when it's okay to come back in."
    Bond fan - "Brilliant. See you soon."
    Later...
    From the cinema lobby.
    Bond fan - "What happened, I've been waiting out here for 30 minutes."
    Friend - "It never recovered, there was an invisible car...a plane that caught fire...more bad effects and...well the credits."

If a Bond film has to rely on people excusing themselves because the film is clearly that bad, then it's that bad.
    The CGI parasurfing scene in DAD is unquestionably the absolute worse and most despised scene in the Bond series. Bar non.
    Something that was I believe the challenge.
    Anyway moving on...

Next challenger. Next challenge.

I suggest a mod changes the title of this thread to something like 'The hypothesis argument thread' and we continue along the lines that one person comes up with a hypothesis (either ridiculous or not) and everyone else has to weigh in and argue the opposite.
    Benny I don't care who you are, you don't get to commandeer this thread.

Judges are not self appointed and it sounds like you don't even understand what's going on.

Afraid you're just not up to the job mate. I've seen two pissed chav slappers have more reasoned and cogent arguments outside the Croydon branch of Chicken Cottage at 3am so I think we, as a group. have decided to have a bit of a coup and seize this thread from you.

And I, for one, would not be dismayed to see you strung up with piano wire by the frenzied mob.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I found the AVTAK firetruck chase to be awful as well, with unfortunate prevalent green screen effects. For me, it's a tossup between the DAD scene and this one.

I can't stand either of them, although AVTAK ends nicely with the drawbridge sequence and so probably is a little better.

Both Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan look suitably humiliated and embarrassed in both respective scenes.
    Well that's just fine. Tell you what, let's all just challenge the Count, and see what happens.
    And if he wins...

8dcefaa63072d41c3bc20b6db90322d0ecb03cb4611e2e5fbf57d722411fb330_1.jpg
    Well that's just fine. Tell you what, let's all just challenge the Count, and see what happens.
    And if he wins...

8dcefaa63072d41c3bc20b6db90322d0ecb03cb4611e2e5fbf57d722411fb330_1.jpg

Fair enough. Although I think we could be looking at a No Man's Sky scenario where if you give the Count a new hypothesis every second it will take till the to the end of the universe until he wins one.
    Any new challengers...

How about, the double taking pigeon from MR is a low point in the series concerning apparent humour and or visual humour.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I agree, but that other count won t.
    I must say I lost the plot. This thread has gotten more ridiculous than Bardem's wig in SF.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I must say I lost the plot. This thread has gotten more ridiculous than Bardem's wig in SF.
    Worse than this one?
    36190303nocountryforoldmentrailerign-1447690380585_1280w.jpg
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Any new challengers...

How about, the double taking pigeon from MR is a low point in the series concerning apparent humour and or visual humour.

As much as I'm a Pierce fan, the final scene in DAD is pretty terrible too. The dialogue about being "good when you're bad" is so bloody unforgivable.
  • So... away from the rampant trolling, we have the count: 1 , the ROTF: 0 after a disastrous display of trolling and even an attempt to hijack the thread by corrupt mod Benny.

Any want to try and beat me rather than spamming let me know. Otherwise you're welcomed by Benny (the corrupt mod) to pollute this thread with whatever nonsense you wish. I am quite glad to have created a thread with so much interest.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Any new challengers...

As much as I'm a Pierce fan, the final scene in DAD is pretty terrible too. The dialogue about being "good when you're bad" is so bloody unforgivable.

Stick it in, pull it out, in, out. That was subtle too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A reference to the end of OP, surely?
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,023
    I knew they nicked it from somewhere.