The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Bond and Kissy walk hundred of miles and finally reach the top of the volcano.

"Some honeymoon".

I love the sense of adventure in this one. I really would like to see future films return to this tone of epic fun.

Connery had it all.

His films had a wide variety in style and tone. From low key adventure with DR NO, dark espionage cold war thriller in FRWL to the more outlandish epics YOLT and DAF. Also well balanced in between with GF and TB. I'd place NSNA in between as well.

Birdleson wrote: »
    @JamesBondRadio has inspired me to throw in TND.

I need to watch that one again soon.
    Bond fights Hans. It's okay.

I'd rank this fight scene right up there with Eric Kriegler's fight.

I think Craig needs a somewhat lame fight at the end of B25 just to keep the 5th outing tradition alive.

So ends YOLT and Connery's initial run as Bond. In an orange dingy. Great stuff and a lot of fun.

I love this Bond.

Great viewing that hit the spot.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,295
    LALD.

Bond at hotel in San Monique. Just spent the night with Rosie Carver, thanks to the hat with the feathers.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Bond fights Hans. It's okay.
    The start of that fight really annoys me, when Bond sees Hans coming at him while swinging the keychain, and literally lets him land a haymaker. What makes Bond think Hans couldn't KO him in one hit and throw him to the fish? Lousy fight opener, and the fight itself is so-so.
    I'd rank this fight scene right up there with Eric Kriegler's fight.
    Yeah, especially when Eric turns his head to see Kristatos making off with the ATAC - a bit of an unimaginative way to let Bond defeat him.
    I think Craig needs a somewhat lame fight at the end of B25 just to keep the 5th outing tradition alive.
    It would be interesting to see Craig go up against a female villain, a Gina Carano type badass babe.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    So ends YOLT and Connery's initial run as Bond. In an orange dingy. Great stuff and a lot of fun.

I love this Bond.

Great viewing that hit the spot.

Glad you enjoyed it @ToTheRight

Nice to read through your comments. YOLT is such an enjoyable watch. It's one I often put on.

I think along with DN it is one of the best in the series to capture the country it is set in. Freddie Young's cinematography and Ken Adam's set design are top draw.

And that soundtrack...wonderful and lush, my favourite at the moment.

YOLT and TB capture Bond at the height of Bondmania and I'm always transported to that time when I watch them. (Or my imagination of what that time would have been like!)

• peterpeter Toronto
    @JamesBondRadio has inspired me to throw in TND.

This one was a big surprise for me in my last Bondathon, @Birdleson — I still had issues with the final act, but the over all enjoyment shocked me to the core and it placed relatively high for a Brosnan film (I went into this expecting GE to be his best; controversially not the case).
    Now Bond uses card tricks to bed Solitaire!
    Bond purchased so many decks for that trick, that the shop closed early.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond purchased so many decks for that trick, that the shop closed early.

Haha, would think so!
    A considerate Kananga makes up for it later by providing champagne in a gold-rimmed glass.
    A considerate Kananga makes up for it later by providing champagne in a gold-rimmed glass.

The finale with Kananga coming up! Bond with a revolver too!
    A budget villains lair, but I still like it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's great to read the recent ongoing commentary on YOLT and LALD here. These are two I've been meaning to revisit for some time, and I'm now doubly motivated to do so. Thanks guys.

The finale with Kananga coming up! Bond with a revolver too!
    True, a rare instance. The shark gun's cooler though! Check out Whisper's reaction when he realizes Kananga's grinning at him with gun in hand.
    "He always did have an inflated opinion of himself." Roger always got the best lines!

Love the train sequence at the end there. A train fight is just so right for Bond. Jane Seymour ain't bad either!
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's great to read the recent ongoing commentary on YOLT and LALD here. These are two I've been meaning to revisit for some time, and I'm now doubly motivated to do so. Thanks guys.

LALD (or any Bond film for that matter) was due a rewatch for me. Started off with TB earlier tonight. That makes it two shark themed Bond films in a row, come to think of it!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 13,945
    Sharks being one of the staples missing from the Broz/Craig eras.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,295
    Sharks being one of the staples missing from the Broz/Craig eras.

They're scary, aren't they? Sharks I mean!
    Yep, a good reason to get Craig in the scuba suit for B25.
    Yep, a good reason to get Craig in the scuba suit for B25.

He's already been underwater for the Omega ad, so why not?
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Would love to see Craig in scuba gear in B25! DCs underwater scenes so far have been very brief
    Would love to see Craig in scuba gear in B25!
    Here you go.

pUAB9VMEQSCLF.jpg
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Would love to see Craig in scuba gear in B25! DCs underwater scenes so far have been very brief

Yes - particularly seeing as he doesn't want to do any skiing!

I really miss the sun drenched tropical touches of DN, TB, LALD, TSWLM, FYEO, LTK and even that little bit in DAD. I guess the closest is CR in Craig's era. But not much of that was below the waterline.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Would love to see Craig in scuba gear in B25!
    Here you go.

pUAB9VMEQSCLF.jpg

Brilliant :))
    Bond’s fight at the printing press in TND is superior to any fistfight from LALD through LTK, yet it never gets mentioned.
    Bond's fight in Beirut and Green Four vs Necros trump it easily.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bond’s fight at the printing press in TND is superior to any fistfight from LALD through LTK, yet it never gets mentioned.
    Bond's fight in Beirut and Green Four vs Necros trump it easily.
    I'd personally also rate Kananga HQ, Pyramids, Chang and India at OP's residence higher too.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 13,945
    Good call. I forget about most of those - I could only remember the train fights. I like the Kananga HQ fight too, but it is disappointingly short.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

I may not get to comment on the whole film, but I will certainly be playing this all the way thru.

Been feeling angry and Hulk-like so this particular Bond gets it out of my system.

Great PTS. I love the simplicity. Craig looks amazing in kick a$$ mode.

The editing here never bothered me. So what if it's BOURNE inspired or whatever. We have David Arnold providing us an excellent score.

Time to get out.

Titles by some graphic company.

Orange is a prominent color here.
    Lots of sand and gunbarrel dots reminding us we should have had the gunbarrel in the opening.

I really like these titles
    and the song has grown on me.

M and Bond hanging out before interrogation time.
    Craig looks good in this one.

She says "You look like hell"

Bond replies "Wait until you see me in four years with a buzz cut and beard".