The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    To quote JBR...who wants to stockpile the water in Bolivia?!
    I like the frenetic editing in the opening car chase but not in the boat chase.

Kinnear with hair!

Gregory Beam in the house.
    I like the high tech look of Mi6 in QOS. They went futuristic and it works for me.

I like how Harbour plays Beam, it's a good interpretation of a slightly uncool CIA lackey and the way he looks at Leiter when he says he doesn't know Bond.

"Yeah, you're right, we should just deal with nice people." This is the kind of simple nod to real world secret agency interactions that I like. Perfectly delivered by Harbour.
    Tosca may not be for everyone but the Tosca scene is...love Arnold's music at the beginning of it.
    Mathis is a good presence. Pity he's only in it for such a short space of time.
    Fields' Carmen San Diego outfit is among my least favourite of the series. it looks ridiculous and looks like she has nothing on underneath.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,721
    The villains worked VERY quickly to beat up, kidnap Mathis and stuff him in the back of Bond's car. What is that one minute after bond leaves him?
    On my last watch I realised how much I like the plane dogfight - still enjoying it this time around. It's not chopped up as aggressively as the boat chase and I like the beginning where Bond tries to land but has to pull the landing gear back up.

Also enjoy the moment when the plane comes over the hill straight into the face of a helicopter shooting.
    Is there any reason to make Camille Bolivian secret service? She has a Melina-esque revenge story to propel her towards the end of the film so there's no need other than her mirroring Bond's vengeance motivation dressed as duty.
    Love the music and shot of Camille and Bond walking through the desert. There is an unusual care taken with presenting other people's lives in this film - the villagers looking for water, the collateral damage in the Siena horse racing when Mitchell and Bond are running.
    Not a fan of the oily Goldinger.
    M's Black and White motif through out this is a nice example of costume design blending with production design,
    At first it bothered me that Felix and Bond had so little screen time together but I kind of like it now - the way they circle each other throughout the film until that brief thirty second meeting.
    Another character touch with Greene eating an apple.

Reminds me of Geogre Costanza in Seinfeld talking about eating fruit while on the phone to a woman makes you sound non-chalant.
    Quantum is built up in an intriguing way in this film - a shame they dropped the ball with it in SP. they do a good job of being enigmatic in both CR and QOS
    The old axe to the toe...ouch
    "That's a beautiful necklace..."
    I like Craig's gun barrel on QOS (even though it should be at the front!) you can't see his gun during the walk the way you can in SP.
    Another enjoyable viewing of QOS. It has a high rewatchability factor because it rips along with plenty of action.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

A green apple too. Like how Campbell gives his villains mini character touches
    w2bond wrote: »

But it's Forster who directed this one. Or do you mean Martin Campbell's villains in GE and CR?

I find it amusing how adoring Elvis is of the opera when he's at Tosca.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed

But it's Forster who directed this one. Or do you mean Martin Campbell's villains in GE and CR?

Yes, the hip flask and asthma puffer. Nothing remarkable but nice bit of detail. There's other character and storytelling details in Campbell's films that are not in your face but help create a living breathing world

Yes, the hip flask and asthma puffer. Nothing remarkable but nice bit of detail. There's other character and storytelling details in Campbell's films that are not in your face but help create a living breathing world

LeChiffre uses an inhaler in the novel, so I don't thin k that was down to Campbell!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DAD one of the best terrible movies of all time
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This film does wander into its so bad its good territory. Though the final act is beyond redemption
    Pre titles is decent, great Arnold theme
    The practical hover craft scenes work
    Within the pre title sequence the film is already descending into parody
    Madonna theme was once the worst, not anymore

This film is garbage though its entertaining