The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    @mattjoes -- I too adore these scenes... Very well shot and acted.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    controversial opinion: as I don't see we don't need a "Q" in this time line, I also believe we don't need a superhuman henchman like Hinx.

I'd rather see a Slade, or men of his ilk-- those fights were much more tense than super-human henchmen (that easily slip into parody)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i like Bond's escape from the spectre meeting...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    no matter what one thinks about the car chase, DC looks appropriately cool.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    quite frankly when i first saw the machine gun in the AM, i thought: why are we doing Brozz?... it gave me some happiness to see the weapon didn't work, but not enough to think, this stuff should not be in a DC Bond film...

The car chase, with the MP convo, never bothered me. At all. It was an interesting way to get exposition to the viewers (better than the Thame Tanner/Bond chat)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    tokyo: C: shit... cut. these scenes. out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i call a break (early to bed and early to rise, and all that...). Will continue on from searching for the Pale King...

G'night all 007 fans
    Watching AVTAK on TV, a movie I hardly ever see (I don't own a copy). Noticed that when Stacey checks the earthquake info on her computer, they use the same sound effect as in TSWLM when they're watching the missiles fire using the new coordinates on Stromberg's missile targeting device.
    Sorry not really...but I think she's about to scream it in the elevator shaft! Yeah, she just did.
    Hey, that dude has a wine bottle! Oh no, he just broke it. Probably wasn't a Bollinger '75.
    Since no one else voted for my film, I guess LALD it is!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Since no one else voted for my film, I guess LALD it is!
    Sorry I didn't see your post. Enjoy! You had a good list there!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Only Kinkade could call 007 'a jumped up little shit 'and live to tell the tale.
    :)
    Zorin sure gets a thrill out of shooting his men. Shades of what we'll see with Xenia Onatopp.
    LALD has an underrated PTS. A deservedly beloved title song though!
    Love the scene in Bond’s flat.
    LALD has one of my favorite first halves in Bond history. Second half is good but not quite as amazing.
    Sorry to see May Day go...a unique character with a good character arc.
    Bond takes the airship mooring rope and lashes it to the bridge. He must've remembered how he wrapped that rope around the underwater rock in FYEO.
    LALD is a pure fun Bond film. Never been one like it before or since. For my money, Hamilton had two strong ones and two weak ones (strong being GF and LALD, weak being DAF and TMWTGG).
    I think every actor has brought something great to Bond in the EON saga. Craig in SP could be off though. Imitating Moore was wrong for Craig seeing as they’re opposite Bonds.
    LALD is certainly the best Bond film for comedy value. Looking like it won't rise or fall in my ranking this time. It's been very stuck at #12 lately, which is still a great place to be at for a Bond film in my ranking.
    No he isn’t.

LALD finished. Always a very good time. Moore is excellent in it, and most of it is top notch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is probably the most horrifying scene in the series.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ... continuing into SPECTRE's second half... I like how Mr. White's place is shot... but, once again, it comes to pacing... It takes forever for Bond to Walk through the place, find Mr. White, interrogate him, and suicide.

I like everything that happened here, but it feels like it drags-- the bits n pieces are good, but it doesn't run like a pouring tap...

It's clunky...

I love Daniel; I didn't like the direction he was given when speaking to White. It was snarls, growls and anger that didnt feel real...

Both actors in this scene are better than what they did.

In theory this scene should have been better than it was.

I don't blame the actors, I blame the direction..
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    LALD is certainly the best Bond film for comedy value.

No question. The only one that makes me laugh out loud.
    The recurring gag with the table at the Fillet of Soul is priceless.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    9eyes and M... sleepy scene and not important enough for anyone to care about... although they plant the fact that Bond will have a choice to kill or not to kill...

And as soon as M sees that Max is spying on his agents, something legally should have been done right there...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    not a good establishing shot that Bond sees an airstrip as he lands in austria...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bond and Madeleine's first scene... this is where i probably like her best... and their exchange... goes down from here...

• peterpeter Toronto
    not a fan of the navy blue turtle neck against the black jacket