The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Can’t remember a time I didn’t have a great viewing of CR. Even when I was food poisoned the last time it was great! If the next actor can do something half as good I’ll probably be satisfied enough.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    The actor, along with a director who is actively involved in putting the characters on screen. By that, I mean showing aspects of their personality and little character touches, very much like what Young and Campbell did.
    Young, Hunt, and Campbell handled Bond the best overall.
    Yes, Hunt too, despite all the talk about him and Lazenby not getting along on set
    Hunt and Lazenby gave amazing Bond contributions as far as I’m concerned. Sometimes not getting along can happen but still result in great stuff.
    Precisely. What matters is the end result.
    w2bond wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes the Afganistan sequence? Firstly, it's different to the generic shootouts in GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR and TND. The Gilbert finales are the worst contenders because they even have the same/similar "stuntman being blown away from explosion" angle. And the cargo net fight is unique and one of the few great fights seen since its release

I love the Afghanistan section of TLD. Great Barry score throughout, I always thought Kamran was a great ally. Solid action and the following airplane net fight stunt is classic.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes the Afganistan sequence? Firstly, it's different to the generic shootouts in GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, TSWLM, MR and TND. The Gilbert finales are the worst contenders because they even have the same/similar "stuntman being blown away from explosion" angle. And the cargo net fight is unique and one of the few great fights seen since its release

I love the Afghanistan section of TLD. Great Barry score throughout, I always thought Kamran was a great ally. Solid action and the following airplane net fight stunt is classic.
    Agreed. Love the jail and plane scenes.

I fully concur! One of my favourite bits is Bonds plane just missing the incoming one and it's collision with Koskovs truck.
    Similar stunt in TND pts doesn't do it half as well!
    Also love the shootout with Whitaker. Certainly better than a knife in the back of a film I won't mention!
    Dirty love.........dirty, dirty loooooooove
    I like both Pam and Kara. Between the two, I can't decide who is my favorite Timmy D Bond girl. Linda would have a good shot in her original voice.
    LTK is awesome. I love Q in it.
    He was excellent overall. Even AVTAK has grown on me a ton.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Got to the point in TMWTGG , that never makes any sense. Hip and his nieces come to rescue Bond from the karate school, only to leave him behind. Plot wise it does never make any sense and I'm alway left thinking ; what, why? Why would they do that.

I know , in terms of movie making, he's left behind so we could have anorher chase with the bad guys.

But, otherwise, I have enjoyed Roger's 2nd moore than his first.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Man, I cannot stand Pam Bouvier. @barryt007 , I'll match your distain for the previous Bond Girl with mine for this one anytime.

Don't get barry007 started! His meds seem to be calming him.
    Obviously I love both of Daltons leading ladies.
    Both are very different! And Dalton is great with both of them.
    GE beach scene. Oy.

Yes it’s the worst bit. But the rest of GE is so good.
    It was obviously Brosnan’s best in any case. I don’t believe it’s ever left my Top 10.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684
    SharkBait wrote: »
    Got to the point in TMWTGG , that never makes any sense. Hip and his nieces come to rescue Bond from the karate school, only to leave him behind. Plot wise it does never make any sense and I'm alway left thinking ; what, why? Why would they do that.

I know , in terms of movie making, he's left behind so we could have anorher chase with the bad guys.

But, otherwise, I have enjoyed Roger's 2nd moore than his first.
    Bugs me too.

Escape the karate school. Footchase to the river. Cue boat chase.

You could still potentially cut it together like that as a fan edit.
    TMWTGG has a lot of issues. That’s just one small one :P Lee sure does carry that one.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Started watching SP two nights ago, and really enjoying it (I hardly ever watch a whole movie in one sitting). Loved the scenes in Rome, of the city itself (which I must visit), and the car chase--laughed at Bond irritated at 009's choice in music. Nice scenes with Moneypenny. Bond slowly uncovering the plot, and next I'll pick it up where he's boating his way to the Pale King. True, his demeanor is very relaxed and measured, but he fights very well when necessary, so so far I think his acting is adequate, given the story. Q gets a fun throwaway line about the Aston Martin--I like how Tanner smiles at that. I also love the cinematography and color schemes. So far no complaints, despite the glaring adoptive brother element--clearly I'm willing to overlook some things, because it is what it is.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Started watching SP two nights ago, and really enjoying it (I hardly ever watch a whole movie in one sitting). Loved the scenes in Rome, of the city itself (which I must visit), and the car chase--laughed at Bond irritated at 009's choice in music. .

That is a very funny scene, and I noticed that in Trigger Mortis Bond listens to Sinatra.
    TND has done a good job of growing on me a lot over time. The third act is pretty weak, but the rest of it is pretty darn enjoyable. Brosnan is at his best in it I think.
    I'd say TND is his best performance. His youth helps too. There's not too much substance to TND but it's an enjoyable watch
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited April 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Great villain
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arnold does a nice job of tapping into some Barryesqueness in the early (non-action) section of the ski sequence in TWINE. I certainly hope he returns with BOND 25.

Me too plus I am sure during the long hiatus Arnold will have some fresh Bond ideas.

Watching YOLT on my tablet, this film has always been a mixed bag, there are some genuinely good scenes that are cinematic and well staged, then there are scenes that look cheap.
    I also turned around on TWINE a bit the last couple times. A weaker Bond film, to be sure, but still with plenty of good stuff.
    Personally I love the Caviar factory scene,great moments in it and it doesn't take itself to seriously in an otherwise serious film.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    "Welcome to my Nuclear Family." may be the lamest pun in the franchise; not as forced as "Just gonna go bombing around in it." and "I'm sure he'll get a big blast out of this!.", but twice as stupid. Family? It makes no Goddamned sense.

Twine and Dad suffer from pun overload
    I love the caviar factory scene, but can't defend the nuclear family pun. Probably among the worst lines along with "I never learned to read." Anyway, it's nice to see some appreciation for TWINE's good elements.
    The Brosnan films do have the cringiest puns. I still mostly shrug it off because they’re mostly silly and lighthearted Bond outings.