The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I love Bond being back in the UK......M's final farewell.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Only Kinkade could call 007 'a jumped up little shit 'and live to tell the tale.
    I actually think SF may drop below its #9 spot...cant explain why...film finished.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm going to make the attempt to analyze SP again-- after reading the email leaks, again ...

... and @Birdleson and @bondjames steered me in this direction (although my original idea was to break up each "Act" to assess the film-- especially after reading through the leaked emails... Giving us all a better understanding of choices made...)

I like the opening music.

I kinda like the gun-barrel-- minus the fact that Bond is showing his weapon (defeats the point of stealth assassination); too cocky for my tastes, like Bond doesn't care you see his weapon.

I see what they were going for, but...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love the opening of the Day of the Dead. It's alive with beauty and fun and sexiness... slow it down and watch...

And the director's neat trick that our eye, naturally, falls on the approaching SCIARRA...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the introduction of the incumbent Bond, after three films, hidden behind the skeleton's mask, was genius.

It is better than RM's introduction in LALD, and PB's intro--hanging from a toilet stall-- and rivals TD's intro... but--

-- Points go to the incumbent Bond (we know who he is after THREE films... but he hides behind, and is re-introduced to us behind this mask...
    ... In the end , this is similar to, but better than, Goldfinger's PTS (pigeon vs skeleton)....
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i love DC's look behind the mask...

The "one" shot through crowds, in the elevator, the flirting with Bond's girl... Room 237 is 327-- thank you Kuberick...

"I won't be long"...

Over the roof tops... great music thrusts of the Bond theme...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I do like Bond spying and listening in on Sciarra and getting the suitcase...

"bottoms up"...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i honestly don't think I have ever liked his escape from the collapsing building that ends with the couch-- but I can say that DC looks F'in cool
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the chase : sciarra running from bond-- I think @Birdleson will find a few extras looking into the camera...(!)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 13,012
    I'm cool with the couch, action-based humor. Works well.

This classic Buster Keaton scene is what immediately came to mind.

• peterpeter Toronto
    some beautiful dancers on rollers -- flamenco... very sexy...

DC does look crazy- good in the PTS...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i love chaos of helicopter landing and Bond jumping on board
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This pre-title proves that DC is, IMO, the best physical Bond... yes-- better than GL's wind-up punches.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the song... musically it is quite nice... the strangled voice I could live with, if only the tone of the story in the song matched the film...-- to me the biggest sin of the theme. It kinda lied...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Not a hater of M vs Bond re: Mexico City... What bothers me is the pacing of the scene-- not what is being said or how the two "combatants" react to the other.

HATE C-- D-bag and on the nose...

DC looks classic...
    I agree peter about the PTS. I paused mine before the lake and Pale King scene. The helicopter fight was well-staged, and I'm enjoying SP.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    do love Bond's flat and the irony behind it
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Bond and Tanner on the Thames-- exposition that I think went over the heads of most audiences, and, beyond the old building being demo'd in a few days time, was largely irrelevant.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm cool with the couch, action-based humor. Works well.

This classic Buster Keaton scene is what immediately came to mind.

absolutely, @RichardTheBruce -- you're not wrong on the comparison. It's just my preference to see Dc grounded in "real" stunts (no dues ex machina comedy)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thrasos wrote: »
    I agree peter about the PTS. I paused mine before the lake and Pale King scene. The helicopter fight was well-staged, and I'm enjoying SP.

yes @Thrasos , so much to like in the PTS-- it's stylish, sexy and tense...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,498
    Not a big fan of Q's Lab... coz I don't think Q is necessary ( as desmond was necessary in the earlier films; CR and QoS proved that Q is not needed in this timeline-- although I do like Ben).

Smart blood... okay, not a lover or hater of it...

Hate the exploding watch... deus ex machina planted for later...

i love the AM DB5... but... it was destroyed and unnecessary...

I do like Bond manipulating Q to help him... (I know not a popular opinion)...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I do, however, like how Bond steal the new AM...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Rome... I do love the sardonic humor of Bond meeting the widow... Cold and bad-ass. To me-- Fleming....
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Cant you see I'm grieving?

No...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the way Bond assassinates the assassins at the Sciarra home-- love. it.

How he forces himself on the widow, uncomfortable, but f'ing amazing...

Post-coitus...: did DC ever look better?? Mention of Felix? Cherry. On. Top.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    peter wrote: »
    Cant you see I'm grieving?

No...
    Absolutely adore this moment.

peter wrote: »
    the way Bond assassinates the assassins at the Sciarra home-- love. it.

How he forces himself on the widow, uncomfortable, but f'ing amazing...

Post-coitus...: did DC ever look better?? Mention of Felix? Cherry. On. Top.
    All this is great, as well.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    the drive into the meeting and the music promises something...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think DC is great calling himself Mickey Mouse... (although, in context, not sure why he did that (I know they were all wearing masks in one of the earlier scripts...))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The SPECTRE meeting is properly eerie and well shot. But, once again, it's the pacing...