The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

About to put on TB. My first-ever Bond film - carries a lot of great memories. I think Connery is nearly at his very best in it.
    Love the PTS - even the goofy jetpack. Now the amazing SPECTRE meeting scene is coming. Just maybe my favorite SPECTRE gathering scene.
    A shame that none of the other fourth Bond films came close to TB in quality.
    I’m not a big fan of Largo but he is still decent. Fiona is far better IMO.
    TB--a great movie. I watched it about two months ago.
    It sure is fun. It’s one of the breeziest, coolest, and most classic Bond adventures.
    The chase scene concluding with Fiona’s death is a great sequence.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    FoxRox wrote: »
    About to put on TB. My first-ever Bond film - carries a lot of great memories. I think Connery is nearly at his very best in it.

I think DN followed by FRWL is his best performance, but he's chilling and having a blast in TB
    I go: DN > TB > GF > FRWL > DAF > YOLT for Connery’s performances.

Just finished the movie. The fight aboard the Disco Volante is so unintentionally funny. But still exciting and frenetic. I love TB.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I go: DN > TB > GF > FRWL > DAF > YOLT for Connery’s performances.

Just finished the movie. The fight aboard the Disco Volante is so unintentionally funny. But still exciting and frenetic. I love TB.

My performance ranking would be the films in chronological order. But maybe TB >GF
    Continuing on with SP. M gives a good speech about why the Double 0 program will always be relevant, and not prehistoric as C says. And when Mr. Hinx smiles at the camera in Mr. White's, it's reminiscent of Oddjob smiling at the camera in GF.
    FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Late at night and I've popped this in. I may watch the whole film against my better judgment. I have work in the morning. Who cares? It's Roger!

Max the parrot.
    Down you go!
    Melina has groupies.
    You look beautiful!

and you look like Robin Leach.
    Gonzales later survived the arrow to the back, got into the computer business and became Richard Pryor's supervisor in SUPERMAN III.
    "Do you exercise?"
    "When I have to." :)
    I prefer Roger's original Scooby gang of M, Moneypenny, Q, Freddie Gray and Gogol to today's version.
    After Gonzales kills the Havelocks, it would have been funny for Conti to insert the Rocky Theme.
    Lois- my favorite Moneypenny.

I miss Bernard Lee here, but believe THIS Tanner could whip the current Tanner any day of the week.
    Roger brings in a trenchcoat and hat. I would have liked to have seen what he looked like in that outfit.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I prefer Roger's original Scooby gang of M, Moneypenny, Q, Freddie Gray and Gogol to today's version.

I don't think anyone would disagree on which is preferable, but that older group wasn't a "Scooby Gang" in my opinion in that they didn't ride around in a van inserting themselves into a story that didn't need them. Though, '80s Llewlyn showed up a lot of places that I would have rather he didn't.

True. They weren't really a Scooby Gang.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Q sports a stylish black-and-grey striped sweater in the bar scene, though it's probably too bookish for me. Bond's mountainwear is suitably rugged and subdued. And with the temperatures up there he's probably "sub dude".
    I half watched Spectre as it was on TV last night. Most of it makes me want to cry at what a missed opportunity it was. I think it will go down in the rankings at the next Bondathon. It feels like an alternate universe Bond film. Almost like if the series stopped, and was bought and revived 50 years later and the filmmakers were like...hmm what makes a Bond film a Bond film.
    I have a green jacket similar to Roger's.
    Drive in the County.
    Bond's plane through the storage barn--an homage to FYEO, when Erich Kriegler motorcycles through the barn?...and to another Bond--?
    Roger looks good in the blue ski coat.
    w2bond wrote: »
    I half watched Spectre as it was on TV last night. Most of it makes me want to cry at what a missed opportunity it was. I think it will go down in the rankings at the next Bondathon. It feels like an alternate universe Bond film. Almost like if the series stopped, and was bought and revived 50 years later and the filmmakers were like...hmm what makes a Bond film a Bond film.
    I understand...I know many feel it's a departure. I still like it a lot.

I think the fight scene with Hinx was very well done. I also think it was important to show Bond's vulnerability, that someone else is bigger and stronger than him, a la Jaws--something we discussed in another thread--and that circumstances, in this case Swann, help him overcome the odds. I also think the following scene is believable--it happens, despite the age difference--two people who like to have sex. Before all that, M's intelligence--wisdom might be a better word--is a good counterpoint, in telling Q and Moneypenny to cool it.
    x
    "Champagne?"
    "Maybe later."
    Evolution from when Bond accepted the offer of coffee at Dr. No's.