The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Q's lab here reminds me of Algy's in NSNA.
    Monica Bellucci - my fave Craig era Bond girl in a secondary role.
    Hate to say it, but that "Bond, James Bond" line reading, IMO is the worst in the series' history. I suppose if I were in that scene with Monica, I might be distracted and f*** up that line, too. So Craig gets a pass.
    Sean's in NSNA is sometimes given the honor of worst "Bond, James Bond". However, he's apologizing to Domino for perving on her earlier, so I give him a pass, too.

SPECTRE board meeting.
    The guy sitting in front of Bond to the left looks a little like one of Bond's poker opponents in CR.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 15,818
    Hinx. Pity not much was made of this thumb nail weapon after this sequence. If I were to ask a random coworker who Hinx was and how he killed his victims, they probably wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I never really thought of it before, but that was pretty much my hair style in 1981 too.

Mine is blond and in 1981 looked a bit like the late, great Tom Petty's.
    Altogether now, here comes the greatest line in not only Bond history,
    cinema history.........................................

OF COURSE! MR WHITE!!!!!

YES!!!!
    I love the little nod he does afterwards. I had to rewind and watch again.
    This car chase could be improved if Newman had inserted Conti's Drive In The Country.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

OF COURSE! MR WHITE!!!!!

YES!!!!

I have no problem with that moment,i cant see what people hate about it.
    barryt007 wrote: »

OF COURSE! MR WHITE!!!!!

YES!!!!

I have no problem with that moment,i cant see what people hate about it.

It really gets thrashed on, but I like it. I also like Bond's reaction to the Sinatra tune coming on. That gadget wasn't what he expected. I like the whole chase sequence overall, really.
    Mr White in exile.
    This sequence is quite haunting really.
    At this point I'd say the color palette looks good. Very natural.
    Craig looks damn good here. I think his performance in this one is spot on as well.
    I never really understood why many feel his Bond performance here wasn't as solid as before. I think he's just fine in the humorous bits and completely believable in the more serious moments, such as with Mr. White.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Craig looks damn good here. I think his performance in this one is spot on as well.
    I never really understood why many feel his Bond performance here wasn't as solid as before. I think he's just fine in the humorous bits and completely believable in the more serious moments, such as with Mr. White.
    I'm afraid I can't agree whatsoever, but I appreciate your perspective. Happy belated birthday for yesterday by the way. All the best.
    M and whatshis name.

C.

Good colors here as well.

I'm really enjoying this viewing. Been awhile since I popped SP in and it's hitting the spot.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can't agree whatsoever, but I appreciate your perspective. Happy belated birthday for yesterday by the way. All the best.

Thanks, @bondjames!

Craig and Lea. Good intro to her character. Roger might have said "A woman?" here.

Q on his laptop. Somehow I think Desmond would have annihilated the man stalking him in the cable car. Then the audience would have cheered.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 15,818
    You don't have to live like a refuge.

Back then my Dad made me a miniature toy Rickenbacker guitar like Petty had on that album cover. Somewhere, there's a picture of me at 3 or 4 years old with it.
    Tangier. Damn more piss filter. Tangier looked so beautiful and epic in The Living Daylights.
    Bond and Swann in the hotel room.

I think Bond should offer to cook Madeleine some quiche here. That would have been great!!!

This scene needs music ...something akin to "Wine With Stacey"..only using TWOTW melody.
    Bond and the rat. One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    This section does drag a bit.
    Who edited this one anyway?

The Vesper tape.............

Craig's hair is squared at the nape in this scene, tapered throughout the rest of the film.

Not that that really matters.
    You don't have to live like a refuge.

Back then my Dad made me a miniature toy Rickenbacker guitar like Petty had on that album cover. Somewhere, there's a picture of me at 3 or 4 years old with it.

What guitars do you own? I'v head many in my life, but now I'm down to two acoustics; and Alvarez and a Martin. I'm shopping for a Telecaster.

I have an old CARVIN hollow-body electric a friend bought me for my 17th birthday. I also have a HARMONY strat style electric. And an acoustic. My Dad is a guitar fanatic, so we always had instruments in the house.
    @Birdleson

Telecasters are great. I had one for years that had a Fender style decal on the head, only it head "f**ker". It was funny when I was 16. Great guitar, though.
    White dinner jacket. Craig rocks it beautifully.

Hinx fight.
    Bond is getting creamed.
    I think the Bond/ Swann seduction bit might have worked better similar to Bond and Natalya after the train explodes in GE. Then cut to the desert.
    Let's see if I appreciate the 3rd act more this viewing....................................
    I do like Blofeld's lair here.
    This section reminds me a little of DR NO.