The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Wint and Kidd are the best part of DAF and it’s not close. They’re great.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    It would have been for sure. It was just too soon to go for the silly tone, coming off of OHMSS and using Connery rather than Moore. The PTS coming off of OHMSS is just... not good.

True they jettisoned arc for perceived box office receipts post OHMSS
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The newspaper factory scene in TND is good not great
    I like that part. Honestly, besides the climax, I love all of TND’s action scenes.
    I like that part. Honestly, besides the climax, I love all of TND’s action scenes.

The action is great though the other scenes are substandard filler unfortunately.
    Depends for me. It can be spotty, but I do mostly like the first two-thirds of it. I think Brosnan himself was a really good Bond, but his films just got progressively weaker.
    Must admit Bond walking down the street in Germany with over the shoulder shots and Arnold playing the Bond Theme I was buzzing in the cinema, I hummed TND themes constantly.
    I really like the lift fight in DAF. It’s a highlight.
    I really like the lift fight in DAF. It’s a highlight.

That is intense very well choreographed, one of the best fight scenes in the series.
    Dr Kauffman is lame
    Credit to Brosnan he brings intensity to scenes that are badly orchestrated
    He carries his Bond films post-GE most of the way (he’s good in GE too, but so are several other things), to be honest.
    Brosnan really does carry three of his films
    TND has some great scenes it's just poor when not good.
    After Germany my interest in TND usually evaporates
    Halo jump is good
    Unfortunately I zone out for the rest of TND It's not great
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't think we're talking about the same TND. :))
    Er underwater stuff looks crap
    The handcuff gimmick not great
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,573
    General Chang the most underdeveloped character in Bond history.
    Better than DAF for my taste. Though this viewing of DAF is going a little bit better than usual. It will still be near the bottom unfortunately.
    Bond got lucky and jumped out of a window with a large ledge
    Michelle Yeoh is hot
    The bike chase is good, again action scenes save the filn
    I don't think we're talking about the same TND. :))

Ha ha I am trying to like TND
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,573
    Forgot about the helicopter blade scene this stands up well
    Brosbonds favourite word Never
    Zero chemistry between Bond and Wai Lin
    This film should have been called Action Never Dies