The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,832
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Dench M is painted badly in this film
    I quite agree. In QoS she was still very much Bonds boss, and had a steely authority about her despite being taken aback by Quantums existence and having "people everywhere!". In SF she comes across as weak and rather pathetic. And I cringe watching her making those home made bombs in the finale! Just didn't seem right. Lost all respect for Denchs M in SF and was one of the few who didn't mourn her death in the finale!

I loved Craig's first two films and liked Dench in them, though SF seems to completely have it in for Dench, the film does her no favours. I will continue watching the film when back at work, the ludicrous finale to go where M was odds on to die.
    She threw him out of her apartment, and he still invited her to his family estate.

Bond got M's porcelain Bulldog I guess that's something.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    SF its fortunate Silva's goons though maybe I should say Spectre goons stand right in front of the Aston Martins cannons.
    Silvas helicopter why didnt they arrange for few armed Jets to blow it to kingdom come.

Does Silva want M alive? Because he tells his goons not to touch M, that's after his helicopter fired a barrage of bullets at Skyfall, and Silva himself had thrown grenades into the house which could have easily of killed M.
    I actually think the Skyfall set and location is great, very Dickensian.
    Silvas helicopter why didnt they arrange for few armed Jets to blow it to kingdom come.

Does Silva want M alive? Because he tells his goons not to touch M, that's after his helicopter fired a barrage of bullets at Skyfall, and Silva himself had thrown grenades into the house which could have easily of killed M.

Silva said “she’s mine,” as in he wanted to be the one to kill her. If he wasn’t the one to fire the gun from the helicopter though then that’s a flaw.
    Skyfall ablaze in the dark looks impressive
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love SF-- that may hafta go under the controversial thread now, LOL!
    peter wrote: »
    I love SF-- that may hafta go under the controversial thread now, LOL!

I know right? I have loved it ever since it released and never stopped. Always a top tier Bond film in my eyes.
    Silva is so motivated by revenge that him working for Blofeld is unnecessary, I suppose we have to assume Ernst learnt of Silvas hatred of M and thought he could use Silva to indirectly inflict pain on Bond.
    Silva is so motivated by revenge that him working for Blofeld is unnecessary, I suppose we have to assume Ernst learnt of Silvas hatred of M and thought he could use Silva to indirectly inflict pain on Bond.

I don’t like the connection either, but at least it explains how Silva was funded.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I don’t like the connection either, but at least it explains how Silva was funded.

True one scene with a shadowy benefactor in SF may have added something to the film.
    I kind of wish they left Silva out of SP, but he did fulfill the revenge tentacle. I do like explaining Spectre was behind Quantum.
    Silva has completely lost it.
    Shocked! Eve is Moneypenny
    Love the old style M office at the end... It may herald a new era in Bond films.
    ...and then SP happened
    SF > SP. And not close sadly.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,832
    Gun barrel is average though at least its there even if at the end of SF.

50 years some achievement.

I hoped at the time as I watched the end of SF that it would lead Bond into a none melodrama standalone mission next, here's hoping for Bond 25.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,533
    While I thought it was just "good" when it came out, the ending of SF had me really pumped for Bond 24. What the hell happened?
    Remington wrote: »
    While I thought it was just "good" when it came out, the ending of SF had me really pumped for Bond 24. What the hell happened?

Lol see last post I thought the same.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I kind of wish they left Silva out of SP, but he did fulfill the revenge tentacle. I do like explaining Spectre was behind Quantum.

Spectre masquerading as Quantum makes sense and works, they also look like Spectre Agents.
    I am convinced by Javier Bardem's performance that Silva has completely lost his mind, that aspect of the film works.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Silva, in my mind, is the greatest Bond villain since the '60s (with the possible exception of Le Chiffre). I like Trevelyan and Elektra pretty well, but they don't have that classic Bondian flair.
    I'd say greatest since the '70s at least.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Silva, in my mind, is the greatest Bond villain since the '60s (with the possible exception of Le Chiffre). I like Trevelyan and Elektra pretty well, but they don't have that classic Bondian flair.

He is definitely right near the top, and the best of the Craig era at least.
    Well its supposed to be QoS next on my reverse Bondathon though dont have the film on my tablet, will watch CR next which makes sense as its literally part 1 of 2.
    I love the Black and White Columbia logo, good choice to set up Bonds first kills like this in Black and White its ominous.
    CR is the best.
    Great movie indeed, Craig won me over immediately in the PTS.
    Bathroom fight scene is brutal, incredibly well done.
    Inspired gun barrel and the titles and main theme one of my favourite in the series. Awesome song