The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    CR has a great cast
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I miss Arnolds music, good choice to have a full on action scene early on, the free running in this film is brilliant, one of best action scenes in the series.
    Craig is brilliant in CR Bond just does not give a dam lol love it when he crashes the Land Rover
    Typing on my phone as I watch CR on my tablet so not elaborating as much, my phone is rubbish and awkward to type on.
    It blends modern and Classic Bond well, I could easily see Connery in this film.
    The airport scene has got better for me over time, on release I thought it was the weakest part of the film. there is some great stunt work though. Bonds expression when Carlos is about to blow himself up is gold.
    Got the day off (due to a job that didn't work out), so now is a wonderful time to pop in some Bond to brighten the mood. Who else better for that than Sir Roger in..........

OCTOPUSSY

I like the silent UA logo
    One of my favorite gunbarrels. I remember this in the cinema.
    Bond in mock turtleneck, tweed jacket and cap....................turns into a military uniform.
    I love this PTS............burgundy attache case. In the '80's attache cases with the number combo lock often came in burgundy, brown or black, As a kid I was obsessed with attache cases. FRWL's being my favorite gadget.
    Also, one hell of a judo chop.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Also, one hell of a judo chop.

I love that bit. One chop and he goes down.

The colors on the Blu-ray are amazing.
    I recently found a copy of the old CBS/Fox VHS edition. That edition was the first movie my folks ever bought when they purchased our first VCR back in the 80's. I watched OP over and over again. I believe the color timing on that version was the most true to the cinematic prints, and the laser disc from that era probably most accurately captures the film for home video. That said, the Blu ray looks pretty damn close in colors, IMO. Beautiful. Some other DVD and VHS versions were a bit too magenta in hue.
    Moneypenny scene- probably my favorite in the Moore era.
    Ah, Good-morning, OO7.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That scene and the one from LALD are the two best MP scenes in the Moore era.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 15,907
    I really like Robert Brown as M. Although Judi's M is an iconic legend, Brown is my second favorite after Bernard Lee.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That scene and the one from LALD are the two best MP scenes in the Moore era.

Yes! That one is great! Probably a tie between the two.
    General Orlov in silhouette looks like Count Orlock-Max Schreck.
    I think Mickey G should have made an extra appearance in the auction scene.
    I love Magda.
    What a great actor, Douglas Wilmer. Memorable on The Saint, and great in the Hammer horrors. Particularly THE VAMPIRE LOVERS.

He's got some great reactions to Bond here.
    We could've been stuck with it!!!!!
    M is great here scolding Bond.
    Damn, I may have to up OP in my rankings as my favorite Roger film.
    I FEEL LUCKY!!!
    Roger's "Bond, James Bond" is perfect here.

Bond keeps his cool as the dice is crushed. Magda looks turned on.
    I love the Q scene here. Once again, probably my favorite in the Roger era.
    I love Roger's facial expressions as he wines and dines Magda.
    The bedroom scene with Madga is quite steamy actually, IMO.
    In fact, I remember DAD's scene with Jinx as being touted as the most erotic love scene in the series, or whatever, but it's nothing compared to the chemistry Bond has with Madga here.
    Madga also has a memorable exit.