The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The computers and monitors date this film in some scenes, Boris is easily one of the worst characters in a Bond film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Even for 1995 Boris's password is beyond shockingly bad.
    Xenia certainly gets involved I can't say what I am thinking.

Bond at MI6 the PC BS bores me, they miss the fact that people might actually get on and have an established relationship, never a big fan of Dench's robot M.
    M's office looks much better upscaled, more depth I always thought it bland.
    Michael G. Wilson does not look Russian
    'sorry about this Fred' Desmond is a legend
    Bond meets Wade... Seriously the Attitude Bond gets in this film is OTT
    There are some terrible 90's tropes in this film
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,558
    The script at times is too loose, 'it was not God who gave me this face it was you' great line then Janus gives timer exposition that undermines that great line. In scripts aiming for moments of tension, skilled writers recognise beats.
    The Tiger Helicopter scene with the ejecter seat's fell flat for me at the cinema on first watch, as at the time it was a rip off of a similar scene in Die Hard 2
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Tiger Helicopter scene with the ejecter seat's fell flat for me at the cinema on first watch, as at the time it was a rip off of a similar scene in Die Hard 2
    Yes, I remember feeling the same way at the time. Still a great scene because of Natalya's bossy yelling.

"Wake up!!! Mister!! Wake up, please. Wake up!!! Hurry!! Hurry up!! Come on!! Pull yourself together or we're gonna die!! Do something!! Get us out of here!!"
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, I remember feeling the same way at the time. Still a great scene because of Natalya's bossy yelling.

"Wake up!!! Mister!! Wake up, please. Wake up!!! Hurry!! Hurry up!! Come on!! Pull yourself together or we're gonna die!! Do something!! Get us out of here!!"

Time has made it less obvious a rip off, you had to be there. Natalya's ranting does add energy to the scene.
    4 hour detour the 25th Anniversary of Monday Night Raw was on, I am a huge wrestling fan.

Rewind Bond is trapped in the Tiger.
    The set designs in this film go from average to great
    GE looks impressive in the Russia scenes
    The library scene is pure Bond love it
    Campbell gets Bond, there are many subtle nods to John Glenn in this film.
    Bond in a tank is fing crazy, it's a great scene in that you are wide eyed watching it.
    Love the design of Janus train totally works for me.
    No idea how Bond got that far ahead in his Tank to get on the track to derail Janus train.
    I am enjoying GE though it's dropping in my ranking
    I have barely mentioned Natalia, very attractive though takes a while to impress herself.
    I wish I was in Cuba, the snow here sucks
    The scene with Bond sat thoughtful on the beach resonates, I spend alot of time looking out into the ocean.
    Not convinced by Onatopp death, served the script rather than a realistic demise.
    GE finale is awesome, love the fight on the Dish Attena
    006 death scene works the actors sell it and it feels like it means something. Not the best Bond film by some way though I am always emotionally invested... A lesson to wannabe directors. ;)
    Going to watch DAF, then I’ll take another break before going to the golden age films.
    TND next I love the score