The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

JW is so much funnier in LALD than in TMWTGG.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Sheriff JayDubya?
    Jay dubbleya PEPPA!!
    Hahaha! :))
    I tell you, LALD wins for comedy value. It usually comes quite close to my Top 10 but just short simply because I prefer some other ones. Not at all a poor reflection on LALD.
    It definitely has its moments. Moore is at his prime and peak here. Although, I prefer his performance slightly more in the succeeding film as he showed a bit more Connery-esque aggression there.

The bit I can't help but fall off the chair with busting lungs is his mere expression when Rosie Carver screams in the bathroom. Priceless! :))

giphy.gif
    I prefer him in LALD a little. But he’s great in both. If anything, I have only grown to love the Moore era more over time.
    He's a great man, thus being my favourite Bond. He's too lovable.

I should get down to doing my Bondathon after I sweep over the Fleming novels (been a while).
    It’s always a good time for a Bondathon! I have loved doing this backwards one; it might even be my favorite Bondathon ever so far. They are all so rewatchable - far more so than most other movies I think.
    That's why we're first and foremost Bond fans. ;)
    True. They are gifts that keep on giving. SP kind of left me cold last time; I’m hoping Bond 25 can recapture some magic.
    There's always going to be a light tomorrow, that's what I say.

I've been left distantly cold since SF, to be honest, but the fact that loving Bond hasn't died in me just says a lot about the franchise. It'll come back with full force.
    I personally love SF, but I can understand not liking the direction. It’s a little different. I’m most worried about who the next Bond actor will be. But they haven’t failed yet.
    It's definitely not going to be Harry Styles. =))
    Oh please... the mere thought makes me sick.

Just finished up LALD. Always a fun ride. I'll be sure to post the ranking and thoughts on the other thread.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Goldeneye on the excellent menu, love the intro with the obscured naked women.

I remember watching this in the Cinema after a very long wait, first time round I was mixed on the soundtrack though I accept it more now.

Time to Initiate Mission...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Good gun barrel it has some punch, Brosbond looks good.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,479
    For the time I thought this was a good opening sequence, the tone of the film is immediately set.

Love the awesome Bungie Jump, a good establishing shot prior to the stunt.
    Enjoy. Brosnan’s best one quite easily, and among my own favorites in the series.
    I like how the new Bond is teased gradually in the pre titles
    Still have no idea what 006 says to Bond when he first appears.
    I was very happy with GE when I first saw it on Bluray, previous representations of the film were poor.
    One thing I'll always praise GE for is it feels like a Bond film
    I have grown to like PB over the years, he does not take himself too seriously likeable chap.

Great Theme Song and Title sequence IMO
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Enjoy. Brosnan’s best one quite easily, and among my own favorites in the series.

Agree definitely his best and ranks highly for me.
    I like Brosnan in this he deserved better material in the rest of his tenure.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,479
    Campbell is a very good director in the sense he very rarely wastes a shot, very tight directing excellent in fact during the Ferrari sequence, though second unit probably did most it ;))
    Looks good on my 4K player good upscale, I watched the Ferrari scene twice.
    The scene when Xenia kills the Admiral does not start well, has a cringe 90's feel to it
    Brosnans stuntman just got shot by Xenia