Bond 23 press conference to be held [on 3rd November]

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I always felt sure that DC would be back for this film and I believe he may have another one in him if not 2. I'm sure the money will be there and he loves doing the films and has been a great Bond both on and off screen. I don't think anyone could fairly complain about his professionalism.
    Craig has said he's contracted for another one, Bond 24, and intends to do it if this one goes well. After that, if he and EON want more, I see no reason why they'd not, then hopefully they'll continue.

Though with the next one having rumblings of a 2014 release, Craig has far more than one more in him at age 46. Still, no one knows what the future holds but he could well be around for a long time yet. Age is certainly not going to be a problem.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I rue the day when Craig must part with 007. :-<
    If EON and Craig are in agreement I don't think that'll be for a long time. Craig at least, knows he's struck gold with this very converted role.
    I rue the day when Craig must part with 007. :-<
    I Rued the day once didn't get a whole lot done.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 74
    Forget "Skyfall", it's "The Eden Paradigm"; but you didn't hear it from me. ;-)
    What are you basing that on? A Robert Ludlum novel?
    No my dear boy. I'm afraid SIS strictly wants to keep 'mum' on this one. ;-)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,894
    Uh-huh. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't believe you. And I don't have any reason to, either. If you really do have access to information that the rest of us don't, you'll prove it.
    I don't believe M2I either, but let people have their fun at least! :-D I'd laugh if it IS true, not because of the name particularly - but the fact that a random person mentioned it on a fan board!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,894
    I refer you to the case of "MI5IsBetter" on the old forums, who claimed that he had access to the QUANTUM OF SOLACE script shortly after registering. He then proceeded to post a "review" of the supposed script, which was essentially THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (Bond had to protect Gala Brand, the only journalist brave enough to report on Quantum, or some such). He also claimed that he was sitting in on meetings between MGW, Babs and Daniel Craig. Something about shouting matches over scipt changes. When he was called out on it, he re-registered as "aREALeonexecutive" and tried to convince everyone that certain other members (namely his other account) should be believed.

So I'm sure you'll understand my skepticism when a new member claims to have access to inside information.
    Of course, I absolutely understand. I would happily eat my hat if this turns out to be true though :-))
    shadowonthesun , turn around and face the gunbarrel. *A harmless BANG sounds, before a rather innocent "only joking" flag pops out*. I wouldn't expect anyone to take me seriously on it. On second thoughts shadowonthesun, feign injury and I'll dispose of the gun. I want to see AgentM7M eat his hat, he's rather an odd job.
    007 will return in "A shorthand to misogyny and oblivion". Better?
    And it is once again that time of the year when all the funny bunnies pop out of the woodwork and claim that they speak the truth.
    It must be close the press conference again. (for this reason alone I would hope that DC will remain 007 another 5 years, those numbnuts always tire me a lot)
    Lighten up, I'm just having a laugh. We'll all be put out of our misery when the press conference rears its ugly head cum November. I think "Skyfall" is adequate but clearly not brilliant. To be frank & pat, it's rather underwhelming but we'll have to wait and see. I loved the previous two film titles, so I'm sure they will have thought of a more imaginative title.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2011 Posts: 3,277
    edit.
    On the CBn subject, I think I may also have a right to say something. Being a Veteran there and MI6 (Yeah, my first registrations comes from 2002 until now), I've always visited both sites with full joy. I have good friends here and there, and the content is the same, BOND. So there's no need to fight for status, I don't see a point in that.

I heard that only the CBn forums will live on, since the head of the site is no longer a Bond addicted like us, just like the old pal Simon from AJB. After internal fights with the team, old lads from that Board (CBn) have created a yet new forum, which is still growing on it's own steps. Let's see what happens from now on.

CBn, Mi6, AJB...it's all Bond folks, stop this silly fight!

And Mach2Infinity, Bond 23 is called "The Hildebrand Rarity" . :D

xxx
    I'm trying to figure out when the filming of Bond 23 will begin. Is it early November? The middle of November? Or late November? I know for sure that a propman (member of the stage crew in charge of properties) will start working on the film next Monday. Does anyone know how long before filming starts do propmen usually start to work on a film?
    The planned press conference will be to announce the start of filming. Filming itself will either take place that day or the next.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I heard that only the CBn forums will live on, since the head of the site is no longer a Bond addicted like us, just like the old pal Simon from AJB. After internal fights with the team, old lads from that Board (CBn) have created a yet new forum, which is still growing on it's own steps. Let's see what happens from now on.
    If they only have a forum I guess they pinch the news items from here!
    The planned press conference will be to announce the start of filming. Filming itself will either take place that day or the next.
    Filming had begun for the last press conference.

I'd guess mid November for the start of filming but for all we know news will arrive tomorrow. I guess we need to just sit tight and sweat it out.
    Ah... cheers @Mach2Infinity /:-)

Anyway, yeah, very much looking forward to it. Should have fairly wide coverage given its the first Bond for 4 years. So, who are we thinking, Babs, Mikey, Dan, Sam, Jav, Ralph, and Berenice (replace as appropriate)???
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    For the conference Q & A it will just be Broccoli, Wilson with Mendes and Craig/Dench I think. I would think all the cast will be in attendance, those you listed @AgentJM7, for questions afterwards. Depending on their roles McCrory, Harris and Whishaw could also be there.
  • tqbtqb
    Didn't they reveal the plot to QOS at the last press conference
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Great to see it's really start to crank up properly now.

Keep on checking back to the main site every day now to check whether the film's title has been confirmed - it's just like the old days...! :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 40,473
    I just had to say:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone, just think about how it feels like just yesterday we sat around, praying for Bond 23, hoping to get out of this MGM bankruptcy woe. Now, here we are.

If anyone here lives in England and wants to offer me a place to stay for a few days, I'll buy myself a passport and come on over to catch Bond 23 two weeks early.

Now, dumb question time: is a press conference just the announcement of the start of production for the film? Or will we find out the plotline, official title, etc.? Or does that not come until later?
    Maybe because the film didn't have a plot...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

X(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Badumdum tisss
    For those who miss the QoS Press Conference...

xxx