Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    an early rumor surrounding a possible plot device for Indy 5 was the Bermuda Triangle....... how legit that rumor is though is anyone's guess.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    HASEROT wrote:
    an early rumor surrounding a possible plot device for Indy 5 was the Bermuda Triangle....... how legit that rumor is though is anyone's guess.

Frank Marshall debunked that one in 2010. This film will be set in the '60's so that's one great plus right there, great decade. ;)
  • Hey and maybe in Indy 6 it can take place in 1981 and Indiana Jones can tell Spielberg and Lucas to stop at part 3
    I would love a sequel for 'District 9' to be made - best movie of 2009!
    - The Matador
    - Ghostbusters
    - The Recruit
    - A Nightmare on Elm Street
    - Wayne's World
    - Sin City
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Anchorman
    Really? Anchorman 2? That makes me sick. Anchorman, much like other films in that genre should remain as they are. A single solid flick instead of recycling. It is a classic. Keep it as such please.

• I'm all for Indy 5. He's my second favorite fictional hero of all time. You can wager a guess as to who is the first. They need to make up for Crystal Skull and end the series on a high note.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    AgentFae wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anchorman
    Really? Anchorman 2? That makes me sick. Anchorman, much like other films in that genre should remain as they are. A single solid flick instead of recycling. It is a classic. Keep it as such please.

Now tell me how you really feel. Can you blame me for wanting new material for the Anchorman world? When it comes down to it, I would probably be upset if they did release a sequel, just like films such as Office Space - leave it alone, but damn, do I want more.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Jazz007 wrote:
    <i>Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World (2003)</i>
    - The film ends with Russell Crowe in pursuit of the French ship again.... Come on!

<i>The Birds (1963)</i>
    - I always thought that if Hitchcock ever made a sequel, this would be the film to build upon.... The love story, a possibile human counterattack? Think about it.

<i>The Good The Bad And The Ugly (1966)</i>
    - I don't have a good reason why; I just want to watch Eastwood's "man with no name" in one more adventure.

M&C - well there are 20 more books in the series so the source material is plentiful.

The Birds - sadly birds in general take a helluva lot of hits from human interference (habitat destruction, farming practices, domestic cats etc). Waging war on them as well is a real kick in the beak.

TGTB&TU - Eastwood turned down Leone's masterpeice Once Upon A Time In The West which would have been his final adventure. OUATITW is a film that could have developed into a great trilogy had it succeeded at the B/O.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm not interested in this film but Scary Movie 5 had a release date set last year for April 2012, yet nothing has happened as far as I know. What a mess! LOL.
    HASEROT wrote:
    Indiana Jones - i know a 5th installment is in the works according to Spielberg, but who knows when it will be made... i am with Steven on this one - as he fully understands the problem fans had with Crystal Skull, and wants to do one last one, to set the series back on course before closing the book on the series... and i agree... this was kind of his same mentality going into Last Crusade after Temple Of Doom.. so if he could deliver one last good outing for old Indy - then i'm all for it.

I agree, I'd love one last film, written as a final film that ends the Indy saga. There's still a while for this to happen, maybe 2018 is the limit, so we may get it as soon as 2015 or 2016... I just really want it to be made.

I liked crystal skull, but the last crusade was better. Now they've made crystal skull they HAVE to do another to give the franchise a great ending. I think they should've just left it after the last crusade but its too late for that now.
  • After die hard 5, I want more die hard films while willis can still make them. If we're talking about 78 year old indy then there's no reason why john mcclane can't carry on either.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    After die hard 5, I want more die hard films while willis can still make them. If we're talking about 78 year old indy then there's no reason why john mcclane can't carry on either.

Willis has stated he wishes to make six Die Hard films in total. So two more to go.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    They better get made soon then.

Oh and be rated R!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    After die hard 5, I want more die hard films while willis can still make them. If we're talking about 78 year old indy then there's no reason why john mcclane can't carry on either.

Willis has stated he wishes to make six Die Hard films in total. So two more to go.

Well we all saw how a 78 Indy turned out, lets not rush into things here.
    DarthDimi wrote:

Oh and be rated R!

Everything good is rated R. A James Bond R movie would be the epitome of film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,896
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    A James Bond R movie would be the epitome of film.

Really? I'm sure many people would argue that a pre-DAD John Cleese getting his own Bond spin-off could turn out to be anything but the epitome of film. ;) Oh, well. You're entitled to your opinion... ;)

Seriously though, I fully agree with you and Dimi. An R rated Craig-Bond film would be absolutely brutal.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    DarthDimi wrote:

The fifth, A Good Day To Die Hard, starts filming in April. Willis will be 57 at that point.
  • DarthDimi wrote:

Oh and be rated R
    !

this is a must
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I dream of the day that they do this

I'm gonna be sad when the die hard series ends. Its probably my fave film series of all time (along with bond obivously)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I'm gonna be sad when the die hard series ends. Its probably my fave film series of all time (along with bond obivously)

I want Die Hard to end before serious damage is done. LFODH was brilliant, and got saved from being a failure, but two more slated is just pushing it.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

I want Die Hard to end before serious damage is done. LFODH was brilliant, and got saved from being a failure, but two more slated is just pushing it.

the next one sounds pretty good (being trapped in a russian prison, although I don't think they should bring his son in), and there isn't a die hard film I don't really like. But I think they should try and bring the series a bit more back to its roots before it ends to make sure the last 2 films aren't failures.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

the next one sounds pretty good (being trapped in a russian prison, although I don't think they should bring his son in), and there isn't a die hard film I don't really like. But I think they should try and bring the series a bit more back to its roots before it ends to make sure the last 2 films aren't failures.
    John's son was supposed to be in LFODH, but Justin Long's character was put in place. You probably already knew that though.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

John's son was supposed to be in LFODH, but Justin Long's character was put in place. You probably already knew that though.

yeah I did, and I was glad. Justin long did well. I hate it when they bring in the son of a character when there's no need.
    ^
    I've heard so many unwarranted and baseless negative comments towards Justin's performance in LFODH. I thought he did a great job. He was there to help John out with his tech skills. John's technological mind is back in the 1800s. He probably couldn't even operated a GameBoy. :D
  • ^
    I've heard so many unwarranted and baseless negative comments towards Justin's performance in LFODH. I thought he did a great job. He was there to help John out with his tech skills. John's technological mind is back in the 1800s. He probably couldn't even operated a GameBoy. :D

haha, yeah. I thought long did great. I wonder who will play mcclanes son in a GDTDH

^

haha, yeah. I thought long did great. I wonder who will play mcclanes son in a GDTDH

One of these four: http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/die-hard-search-for-bruce-williss-son-down-to-four-actors/

Though we already have a Die Hard thread, so best to continue the discussion there.
  • An american werewolf somewhere else

To the best of my knowledge they only ever made two, one in London (1981) and then years later in Paris (1998), sure they never made another, I'm not one for movies so much these days so maybe I missed a third installment somewhere down the line but if not they should go ahead with Part III sooner or later
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    ^

One of these four: http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/die-hard-search-for-bruce-williss-son-down-to-four-actors/

Though we already have a Die Hard thread, so best to continue the discussion there.

we do????? crap, I just went and made one for no reason then :(
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Madmax..
    I know Gibson is a bit too old now, but i'd like to see one.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Madmax..
    I know Gibson is a bit too old now, but i'd like to see one.

A Mad Max 4, 5 and 6 are planned with Tom Hardly as the lead.
    Just from a looks stand point on the 4 left to play McClane's son, James Badge Dale would be my choice. He looks a lot more action prepared than the others, and he's already been around all that on the set of The Pacific. Liam Hemsworth and Aaron Paul look too "breakable". They just don't look like the BA spawn of John McClane. James Badge Dale DOES.