Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• edited October 2011 Posts: 1,778
    Hey guys Im back.

Miami Vice (2006)- If I can have only one sequel to any film ever made it'd be Miami Vice. In my opinion it's one of the best and most underrated movies of the last 5 years and the potential for more films was limitless. With Michael Mann's style and a strong script Miami Vice 2 could've truly been something special.

Dumb and Dumber (1994)- This is my favorite comedy of all time and I wouldn't change a thing. But you can't tell me you couldn't see Harry and Lloyd getting involved in some other crazy adventures ala Harold and Kumar. I would've prefered a sequel rather than the underwhelming prequel.

Freddy vs. Jason (2003)- Seeing these 2 horror icons clash was fun to watch whether you admit it or not. Adding a third character to the mix whether it be from New Line such as Ash or Pinhead or if they somehow aqcuired the rights to Michaels Myers and had the top 3 slasher icons duke it out, it'd be awesome to watch.

Kickass (2010)- I was suprised as to how much I enjoyed this film. And they could easily use the lastest comic series to film a second movie.

The Breakfast Club (1985)- I didn't so much want a sequel to this as simply to know what became of these characters once they went back to school that Monday.

• Reboot of Thunderbirds, DONE PROPERLY!!!!!!
    With puppets? Yeah!
  • The Incredibles
    Reboot of Thunderbirds, DONE PROPERLY!!!!!!
    With puppets? Yeah!
    Ah no... With people...

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Would be cool to see Danny somewhat get into the hitman game with Julian.
    In all fairness, @Creasy47, he kind of did by the end of the film. ;)

Methinks a sequel would have to begin with Julian getting drawn back into his old profession, with Danny and Bean - and maybe a troublesome teenager they've adopted - becoming mixed up in his affairs again...? :)
    Reboot of Thunderbirds, DONE PROPERLY!!!!!!
    With puppets? Yeah!
    You know, as of earlier this year, Gerry Anderson announced that was actually supposed to be happening, so watch this space I guess...

http://georgesjournal.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/gerry-anderson-anything-could-have-happened-in-the-next-half-hour/

• edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    dumb and dumber (the stupid prequel doesnt count)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @St_George, somewhat. I think it would be cool to see Danny's business failing, and Julian enters the game again, bringing Danny along for hits - not because he has to, but because he somewhat wants to this time around. But I see what you're saying.

@DoubleOhhSeven, I've been saying that about 'Miami Vice' for years: one of the greatest, most underrated movies around. Caught a lot of flak, for some reason, but I loved it. Plus, with Montoya escaping at the end of the film, what better way to pick up the second with him returning and Sonny and Rico after him?
  • The A-Team Part II,
    Sin City 2,
    The Losers 2,
    Takers Part II,
    Machete Kills,
    The Return of the Green Hornet,
    Miami Vice II,
    The Boondock Saints III,
    Cop Out: the Sequel,
    Tango & Cash 2,
    Jumper 2,
    From Dusk till Dawn 4 (with Clooney & Rodriguez back),
    Layer Cake 2,
    Bad Boys III,
    4th El Mariachi/Desperado film,

I know that's a lot more than 5, but I figured: why not just list them all (or at least most of them)
  • I'd like a Predator 3, if only because the second with Danny Glover was not above awful, get the right people involved and you could have a winner, I don't think they'd be able to surpass the 1987 Original, but whatever they do, have it set in the jungle, Predator in the city or urban areas just doesn't work, and maybe that's why the second failed

They were supposed to do a sequel to the Breakast Club a few years ago with the original cast and even director John Hughes was rumored to be involved again but it all fell apart in the end, pity that

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Transporter 4 for sure. Great popcorn films. I think one is in development. Am I right? I like @BondWillReturn's idea of a Layer Cake 2 as well. We never actually see the fate of XXX. With Dan in it could be something special.
  • One Thousand posts OBrady, nice round figure =D>

should say also that I saw Layer Cake on it's original release and didn't Craig get shot as he left a church or somewhere as he was coming down some steps, he was lying on the ground and bleeding as the film ended if memory serves, fairly certain the character died
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 12,837
    how about jaws???? maybe not another direct sequel but more of a reboot

jaws: resurfaced

they could make some references to the other films, they could say how previous incidents with a similar massive shark occured in the 70s.
    I'd like a Predator 3, if only because the second with Danny Glover was not above awful, get the right people involved and you could have a winner, I don't think they'd be able to surpass the 1987 Original, but whatever they do, have it set in the jungle, Predator in the city or urban areas just doesn't work, and maybe that's why the second failed
    They call it Predators and I actually have it on dvd.

:!!
  • Don't believe I've heard of it, I know of the one vs Alien they did a few years back but I never saw it, I still insist sometimes that the only first and second releases really count, anything after just doesn't seem to fit in, film series can go that way sometimes
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    One Thousand posts OBrady, nice round figure =D>

should say also that I saw Layer Cake on it's original release and didn't Craig get shot as he left a church or somewhere as he was coming down some steps, he was lying on the ground and bleeding as the film ended if memory serves, fairly certain the character died
    Thanks for the cheers. I wish I'd recollected that before I posted this. But, like Adrian Monk I will have to go for an even 2,000(hopefully you all get the reference). In Layer Cake, XXX does get shot, but in the book that it was based off of XXX lives. Also, the film had the ending of the book, with XXX riding off with his girl, but there is also the ending you mentioned.
    Don't believe I've heard of it, I know of the one vs Alien they did a few years back but I never saw it, I still insist sometimes that the only first and second releases really count, anything after just doesn't seem to fit in, film series can go that way sometimes
    You should try it, even the cast is still somewhat surprising to me. It is a great actioner that doesn't require any mental strain on the brain. Which is somewhat normal for thsi franchise.

:)
  • I never saw another Predator after 1990 and times change and I don't think things could ever be like they were before, said I haven't seen AVP, and I can't recognize it as part 3, only the original and the second really stand out and say 'This is what I'm looking for', even if the second release 'was' a mess.
    I never saw another Predator after 1990 and times change and I don't think things could ever be like they were before, said I haven't seen AVP, and I can't recognize it as part 3, only the original and the second really stand out and say 'This is what I'm looking for', even if the second release 'was' a mess.
    Screw those AvP movie they are awefull attempts.

this link will bring you to part 3.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424381/

;-)
  • One Thousand posts OBrady, nice round figure =D>

Thanks for the cheers. I wish I'd recollected that before I posted this. But, like Adrian Monk I will have to go for an even 2,000(hopefully you all get the reference). In Layer Cake, XXX does get shot, but in the book that it was based off of XXX lives. Also, the film had the ending of the book, with XXX riding off with his girl, but there is also the ending you mentioned.
    There where actually some ideas for a second Layer Cake film, it would have featured XXX going to Brazil or something with Morty.
    One Thousand posts OBrady, nice round figure =D>

There where actually some ideas for a second Layer Cake film, it would have featured XXX going to Brazil or something with Morty.
    Why didn't everything work out?
    I wish it would have, I loved Layer Cake.

Here's some more:

Bad Boys 3
    Body of Lies 2
    Sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mexico
    Hitman 2
    Kill Bill Vol. 3
    The Town 2
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    -Ocean's 14
    -Spiderman 4(with Tobey)
    -XXX2 with Xander alive and well
    -I Am Legend 2
    -i Robot 2
    -The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 2
    -The Rundown 2
    -The Rock 2
    -Ace Ventura 3
    -The Shooter 2
    -Hellboy 3
    1. Withnail And I...in the original screenplay, withnail goes home after reciting Shakespear to the wolves, and blows his head off with Uncle Monties shotgun. Not sure if I would want this to happen, but there are so many possible follow ups!
    2. Blade Runner...Do they live happily ever after? I doubt it!
    3. The Big Blue... Did he die with the dolphins, or did they return to the surface together? WE NEED TO KNOW!!!
    4. Taffin...Taffin goes to America.....!!!!
    5. Dog Soldiers...I just love a good Werewolf film!
    Haha, Taffin, absolutely! Hadn't thought of that one, haven't seen in the first in quite some time.
  • I just found out their is a sequel to the Layer Cake book. It's called Viva La Madness, and indeed has XXX alive and well (as the first book didn't end with him getting shot) and going to the caribbean for drugtrafficing.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm sure The Thomas Crown Affair 2 has been mentioned. I'd love to see Brosnan in that. May not happen though as there's been talk about it for years.
    I'm sure The Thomas Crown Affair 2 has been mentioned. I'd love to see Brosnan in that. May not happen though as there's been talk about it for years.
    Yeah, we have spoken about it. The director stepped down in April of last year, because he didn't like the way the script was going. But, this is a good thing, because the only big films on his resume are pure sci-fi films, and I don't want him directing an art heist movie. But, hopefully something comes of this soon, before he gets too old. I wouldn't mind seeing Russo return.
    Yeah, we have spoken about it. The director stepped down in April of last year, because he didn't like the way the script was going. But, this is a good thing, because the only big films on his resume are pure sci-fi films, and I don't want him directing an art heist movie. But, hopefully something comes of this soon, before he gets too old. I wouldn't mind seeing Russo return.
    Paul Verhoeven is pretty good at thrillers (the one with Sharon Stone, and some dutch ones) and also at war movies, medival stuff he's also good at. Too bad you only know so limited of his movies.

Basic Instinct was great, if that's the one you're talking about. Didn't even factor that one in, @SaintMark.
    Not big on Sequels but I would like to see another Superman. And please lets get some other villian besides Lex Luthor