Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I think that people want to see some
    L. Jackson on Willis action
    as we only got one fight in Unbreakable. Plus, it was just an all round brilliant movie.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    I haven't seen it, but judging by how poor it was both critically and financially, this'll be but a dream.
    I'm happy we got the one, at least.

What made it so good?

John Carter was a lush throwback to old studio movies like Ben Hur & Spartacus IMO. Big sweeping tale. No ADD-editing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    I haven't seen it, but judging by how poor it was both critically and financially, this'll be but a dream.
    I'm happy we got the one, at least.

What made it so good?

John Carter was a lush throwback to old studio movies like Ben Hur & Spartacus IMO. Big sweeping tale. No ADD-editing.

How long is John Carter? Does it get "preachy" by the end then, if it is like Ben-Hur? I can appreciate that film from a sheer technical aspect, but the plot is kind of a bother to me at times, also considering that it is just way longer than it needs to be.
    How long is John Carter?
    Seems like 90 minutes to me, but I know it's like an hour longer than that.
    And no preachy.
    ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    How long is John Carter?
    Seems like 90 minutes to me, but I know it's like an hour longer than that.
    And no preachy.
    ;)

Judging from what I have heard of it, it isn't deep enough to bother being preachy.
    Judging from what I have heard of it, it isn't deep enough to bother being preachy.
    It's old time adventure. Was Indy preachy?
    :))
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    It's old time adventure. Was Indy preachy?
    :))
    Sure. I have learned amongst other things that artifacts deserve to be in a museum, that snakes are really bad, Nazis are evil (that I knew, obviously), and that father/son contact is an important part of life, especially when your dad is Sean bloody Connery! ;)

From John Carter I have learned....

That I could kick Martian a*s!!!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 546
    1.The Tailor of Panama
    2.The Matador
    3.The Man With The Iron Fist
    4.Horrible Bosses 2
    5.Django Unchained
    6.Pulp Fiction
    7.Rushmore
    8.Premium Rush
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Incredibles!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Murdock wrote:
    The Incredibles!

I'll second that!

talos7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The Incredibles!

I'll second that!

Thirded!

...But I don't think that's a word... :P
    BRING BACK MY NAME IS EARL!!!!!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    1.The Tailor of Panama
    2.The Matador
    4.Horrible Bosses 2
    5.Django Unchained
    6.Pulp Fiction
    7.Rushmore
    8.Premium Rush

I agree with quite a few of those. 'Horrible Bosses 2' is pretty much confirmed at this point, last I read. I don't think 'Pulp Fiction' needs a sequel - leave it as it is - but 'Premium Rush' was exciting, 'The Matador' would easily be able to have a sequel, and of course, 'The Tailor of Panama' would be amazing to see a sequel to.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Star Wars (many of them!)
    Dredd
    Bulletproof Monk
    Equalibrium
    The Punisher '04
    The One
    The Fifth Element
    Austin Powers
    Blade Runner
    Inception
    @QsAssistant, 'Goldmember' had a great set up for a sequel, and they just never went along with it. I fear Myers is getting way too old now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    There was talk of a fourth in 2008, which didn't go anywhere and again in 2011, when the same thing happened. At this rate it will be an 'Indy break' of 19 years and who wants that?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    There was talk of a fourth in 2008, which didn't go anywhere and again in 2011, when the same thing happened. At this rate it will be an 'Indy break' of 19 years and who wants that?

Not me, that's for sure.

Another thing I tire of is films that leave an open possibility for a sequel, but it's a huge possibility of never happening, such as straight-to-DVD films or low rated films, ala:
    ATM, Chernobyl Diaries, etc.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,622
    I desperately want a sequel to Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (1985 directed by Guy Hamilton and written by Christopher Wood) It was seeing this film for the first time, that got me to seek out and read The Destroyer novel series, (all 144 of them up to 2008).
    I know the Destroyer movie rights have been optioned again, but we are still waiting for a new film. The modern CGI effects could do wonders displaying the talents of the two Masters of Sinanju. The Destroyer novels are great, escapist Bond-worthy adventures, featuring the deadliest assassin that ever lived.
    I dearly love that movie.
    I'd like Steven Spielberg to do a second Abraham Lincoln film from his days as a Springfield Illinois lawyer up to his Republican nomination.
    I'd like Steven Spielberg to do a second Abraham Lincoln film from his days as a Springfield Illinois lawyer up to his Republican nomination.

I'd also love Spielberg to tackle a 'Munich' sequel, focusing on the other operation.
    I need mo Aliens movies
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 546
    Creasy47 wrote:
    1.The Tailor of Panama
    2.The Matador
    4.Horrible Bosses 2
    5.Django Unchained
    6.Pulp Fiction
    7.Rushmore
    8.Premium Rush

I agree with quite a few of those. 'Horrible Bosses 2' is pretty much confirmed at this point, last I read. I don't think 'Pulp Fiction' needs a sequel - leave it as it is - but 'Premium Rush' was exciting, 'The Matador' would easily be able to have a sequel, and of course, 'The Tailor of Panama' would be amazing to see a sequel to.

I read Seth Gordon's interview back in Febuary about writing the script for Horrible Bosses 2. I just decided to add it on the list. As far as Pulp Fiction. I agree with you. But I enjoyed all the characters & would like to see them on the big screen again.
    @Goldeneye95, I can agree with that. There are quite a few films that should never have a sequel, but I would love to see.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Goldeneye95, I can agree with that. There are quite a few films that should never have a sequel, but I would love to see.

I think Quentin has said that while he won't do a Pulp Fiction sequel (obviously), he isn't opposed to using the characters in a whole new film. It would be cool to see a brother film with Vic and Vincent Vega that could touch on how Jules and Vincent first met and began teaming up and make other references to the Tarantinoverse all while giving us a great ride of a film. It would have to be written, shot and released in the very near future though, since Quentin may be retired from filmmaking come another ten years time.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and the shame about that ten years is that it will fly by, going off of Quentin's filming schedule. I see him doing two or three more films, tops.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and the shame about that ten years is that it will fly by, going off of Quentin's filming schedule. I see him doing two or three more films, tops.

Yeah, it is crushing. We will be losing such a visionary director whose love and passion for film is unmatched amongst his colleagues. Though I will hate to see him go, I can see where he is coming from. He eats, breathes and sleeps celluloid and this digital world isn't what he "signed up for." If there is anything good that can come out of this, it is that we will be getting some awesome film literature books from him after his retirement.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that is true. With something seen as bad, such as his departing, will come some very awesome things: books, literature, interviews. I do look forward to that, but I will truly miss his films.
    Tarantino talked about a Vega spin off movie years ago but then he said not too long ago it was very unlikely because of the age of the actors.